wednesday appears to have highly-abstract underlying principles

13»

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,089
    edited May 2021
    Alex. Why do you say that?

So you were there when White won the masters? Wow.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Actually Higgins, A's 69 clearance vs White 1982. Genius.
  • pinno
    I liked Mark Williams in his pomp.
    Most players prefer hand on the baize but Williams used to consistently put his hand on the rails to the point i'm convinced he deliberately liked those distance shots created by positioning the cue ball thus so he could bridge with one hand on the rail.
    Great WC win. '96 IIRC (without resorting to Wiki).

Remember Doherty's black missed in the final against Stevens to score a crucible final 147?
  • hopkinb
    Yes, Mark Williams still a top player now. Looks like droopy the dawg. Amazing long potter. He's won 3 or 4 now I think.

• pinno
    Yeah. Unusual cueing action not helped by putting on weight.
    So he lost some and has made a respectable comeback since.
    Look at his back hand when he cues.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

seanoconn said:

I remember my dad waking me to watch the end of the 1985 final when Taylor was catching up.

I watched the whole final session.

One of the best moments was Cliff Thorburn's yellow in his 147. He had a bad position on his final red and couldn't create the angle on the black to get up the table so he elected to go long on the yellow.

Another fantastic 147 was James Wattana's. It was poetry oh and of course O'Sullivan's 5 mins and 8 second 147.

I'll also never forget Higgins winning the WC.

'Mr Maximum' Willie Thorne missing the blue into the centre to win the UK Championship and lost to Davis.

Joe Johnson winning the Worlds.

White winning the Benson and Hedges masters - on those lovely tables with lighter wood coloured rails and he just played with the cue ball when potting the last colours. Such awesome control. Of course, loosing to Hendry in the WC's will never leave him.
    Snorting Cocaine in the toilet in the interlude of the final session wasn't the best move.

Davis set the standard but Hendry blew everybody out of the water until Ronnie.

Jimmy White driving down to Wimbledon dog track and back to Sheffield again during the interval of one of his finals probably didn’t help his prospects.

He used to drink in the Hand with Ronnie Wood when I worked there, that was a while ago.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625

seanoconn said:

pinno said:

seanoconn said:

I remember my dad waking me to watch the end of the 1985 final when Taylor was catching up.

One of the best moments was Cliff Thorburn's yellow in his 147. He had a bad position on his final red and couldn't create the angle on the black to get up the table so he elected to go long on the yellow.

Another fantastic 147 was James Wattana's. It was poetry oh and of course O'Sullivan's 5 mins and 8 second 147.

'Mr Maximum' Willie Thorne missing the blue into the centre to win the UK Championship and lost to Davis.

White winning the Benson and Hedges masters - on those lovely tables with lighter wood coloured rails and he just played with the cue ball when potting the last colours. Such awesome control. Of course, loosing to Hendry in the WC's will never leave him.
    Snorting Cocaine in the toilet in the interlude of the final session wasn't the best move.

Jimmy White driving down to Wimbledon dog track and back to Sheffield again during the interval of one of his finals probably didn’t help his prospects.

He used to drink in the Hand with Ronnie Wood when I worked there, that was a while ago.
    Had my first date with the Missus in the Hand. Looking back in must have been quite embarrassing for the staff to have a couple dry humping in the dining area for 3 hours.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • hopkinb
    seanoconn said:

seanoconn said:

pinno said:

seanoconn said:

Had my first date with the Missus in the Hand. Looking back in must have been quite embarrassing for the staff to have a couple dry humping in the dining area for 3 hours.
    Ewww.

Love at first sight then?

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083
    hopkinb said:

seanoconn said:

seanoconn said:

pinno said:

seanoconn said:

Ewww.

Lust at first sight then?

EFA
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

seanoconn said:

pinno said:

seanoconn said:

Good effort Seano.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,605
    edited May 2021
    pinno said:

seanoconn said:

seanoconn said:

pinno said:

seanoconn said:

Good effort Seano.
    Did the staff have to look after her guide dog for all that time?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    hopkinb said:

seanoconn said:

seanoconn said:

pinno said:

seanoconn said:

Ewww.

Love at first sight then?

No, I knew her a couple of months before the first date but we got on extremely well from then.

Had love at first sight once with a girl on a plane. Unfortunately I was married to someone at the time who watched me like a hawk ( I’ve no idea why) so seizing the moment was an insurmountable problem.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    seanoconn said:

seanoconn said:

pinno said:

seanoconn said:

Thankfully I wouldn't have been working there then :D
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,930
    Not wishing to labour the point but for those on here suffering mental difficulties, I always find this advice quite helpful.

• tlw1

Not wishing to labour the point but for those on here suffering mental difficulties, I always find this advice quite helpful.

I don’t meditate.
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508

I can’t drink alcohol. Maybe that’s the problem!
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    theres always pron if no beer available.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • tlw1
    johngti said:

I drink your share
  • seanoconn
    tlw1 said:

johngti said:

I drink your share

• ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,930
    johngti said:

Still leaves 2 avenues, both of which usually make me feel better.