tuesday alea iacta est

Comments

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,551
    hopkinb said:

sungod said:

...Did mean to comment on the lack of end plug, bars will make a nasty hole in you in the event of an off...

↑ this

these ↓

https://www.merlincycles.com/cinelli-milano-alloy-bar-end-plugs-181360.html
    Neither silver nor blue are in stock. Bah.
    wiggle do them as well
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,410

Respect Stevo 👍

I’m sure Pinno will be along shortly to congratulate you 😂
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,509
    seanoconn said:

Respect Stevo 👍

As soon as he's finished listening to a bit of Roxy Music :smiley:

https://youtu.be/hRzGzRqNj58
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    hopkinb said:

sungod said:

...Did mean to comment on the lack of end plug, bars will make a nasty hole in you in the event of an off...

↑ this

these ↓

https://www.merlincycles.com/cinelli-milano-alloy-bar-end-plugs-181360.html
    Neither silver nor blue are in stock. Bah.
    Do you want blue then? I’ve a pair of supercaz alloy end plugs I have no need for. Yours if you want them, postage only.
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,149
    Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Respect Stevo 👍

As soon as he's finished listening to a bit of Roxy Music :smiley:

https://youtu.be/hRzGzRqNj58
    first it was photos, now videos are showing upside down on the forum
  • thistle_

The MTB has end plugs that take bottle tops on them, so once they get scratched and bashed I have to drink more beer 🍻

can you pull out the end plug to reveal a stealthy bottle opener inside the bars?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,324
    thistle_ said:

The MTB has end plugs that take bottle tops on them, so once they get scratched and bashed I have to drink more beer 🍻

can you pull out the end plug to reveal a stealthy bottle opener inside the bars?
    thistle_ said:

I'd need a bottle opener to pull the end plugs
  • thistle_

thistle_ said:

thistle_ said:

I'd need a bottle opener to pull the end plugs
    good point
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,870
    Easier to go to the pub
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    So, the cat that shots everywhere was put down today. Sad to lose the cat, but such a relief not to clear up after it anymore.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,347
    seanoconn said:

Respect Stevo 👍

What's intriguing is why you look these things up.

Anyhoo, given the Cake Stop brethren and their liking for Stevo, how many of those 'likes' are tongue in cheek?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    did anyone try and fight it before it went?
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Everyone loves Stevo. Current score he will currently be happy, could do with Leicester helping us out.

Crazy few days at work and home. work being work, and builders etc at home.

New car bought, walked out called the finance company to settle gave me a number that didnt add up so have to chase that up. Not sure how they found £300 for 1 day of interest. Small print and the need for a person on the phone I suspect.

Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • thistle_
    elbowloh said:

So, the cat that shots everywhere was put down today. Sad to lose the cat, but such a relief not to clear up after it anymore.

Sorry to hear, sounds like it was probably a kind thing to do given it was ill.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

seanoconn said:

Respect Stevo 👍

Anyhoo, given the Cake Stop brethren and their liking for Stevo, how many of those 'likes' are tongue in cheek?
    Don't think I got many likes from the wokies :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • elbowloh
    MattFalle said:

did anyone try and fight it before it went?

A goose
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • elbowloh
    thistle_ said:

elbowloh said:

It really was time. The list of illnesses it had was almost as long as Man Vs goose thread.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    elbowloh said:

thistle_ said:

elbowloh said:

It really was time. The list of illnesses it had was almost as long as Man Vs goose thread.
    No matter the circumstances it is always a tough time.
  • tlw1
    Elbow 😢
  • tlw1
    Flâneur said:

Everyone loves Stevo. Current score he will currently be happy, could do with Leicester helping us out.

Crazy few days at work and home. work being work, and builders etc at home.

New car bought, walked out called the finance company to settle gave me a number that didnt add up so have to chase that up. Not sure how they found £300 for 1 day of interest. Small print and the need for a person on the phone I suspect.

What did you buy?
  • Flâneur
    A5 sportback, maybe with some extra letters. the Date doesn't know what they mean.
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • elbowloh
    Flâneur said:

A5 sportback, maybe with some extra letters. the Date doesn't know what they mean.

Was tempted by one of those last time I had a company car as it was available to me (we had a very limited list in each grade), but others were a little more practical in the end .
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,347
    Flâneur said:

'Date'! I thought it was 'wife'?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    edited May 2021
    Flâneur said:

Sorry if they couldn't help too much...
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    johngti said:

Missed this earlier johngti. Happy to take them off your hands! Let me know postage amount and bank details via PM and I'll let you know address. Or vice versa. Thanks.
  • Flâneur
    @pinno it is, but why change from the title from the good days.
    @Stevo_666 shame but c'est la vie, made our life hard a long time ago.
    @elbowloh Sorry to hear about the animal, may be the best decision but still the hardest.

On the car note, only myself and the wife along with a springer spaniel so don't need anything much bigger. (can still throw the bikes in the back or buy seasuckers)
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • tlw1
    Flâneur said:

👍
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,324
    pinno said:

seanoconn said:

Respect Stevo 👍

I reckon half of them are from his fan boy, Shortfall. It's quite funny how predictably you can see a like and guess who it's from.
    Nice car Flan, enjoy.
    Sorry about the cat Elbow, really did sound like it was time though.
  • Stevo_666
    Flâneur said:

TDI? :)