tuesday a wild and lonely place, ye ken

'ning

not as mild, verging on nippy

ride, nip into gmc, then vaccine research place for another blood letting, cafe, wfh, laze
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    Walk hounds sipping tea from a flask to flush last nights excess out, then a gentle recovery run.

WFH as normal, but as the wife is WFW I will have to make my own food and drinks 🤬

Later is meant to be a run with some friends as an excuse to go to the pub
  • Charlie_Croker
    Charlie_Croker Posts: 1,727
    Good Moaning,
    Back to WFW today (ride), after a long wonderful (lazy) weekend off, that has flown by.
    Blue sky, bit of a nip, but rain due later, Boo!
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, nippy start, tigger walked, boiler engineer coming back today to fit a couple of thermistors hopefully he will turn up sooner rather than later rain forecast this afternoon
    Have a good day
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Blue bird currently, means lashing it down when i want to run or ride later.

Hound walked, bacon and poached egg scoffed. Time to earn some pennies, hopefully pounds. May put a beer in the fridge for later

Enjoy fending for yourself TLW, let us all know if you manage not to starve.
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    Flâneur said:

Hound walked, bacon and poached egg scoffed. Time to earn some pennies, hopefully pounds. May put a beer in the fridge for later

3 to 1 on that he’s dead in a ditch by the end of the day.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,089
    seanoconn said:

Flâneur said:

Straying from his house in a state of starving delirium wouldn't be good.
    Best thing for TLW is to chain himself to the AGA whilst he is still cognisant but the downside would be dehydration - best fill up some water vessel. 'Water'! Did I just say that? Silly me.

Nippy and windy. Seems like this should be the beginning of April.

On another tack, why can't I get anything moving?*

*Nothing to do with constipation, just admin..

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    Thanks for the concern 😂

Wife made me breakfast before she left and told me we had potato’s in, so managed to put one in the bottom over all by myself.

This resilience in the face of danger is why I won cub of the year back in the day
  • pinno
    edited May 2021
    Remarkable resourcefulness TLW. Chapeau.
    Be careful not to drop the hot potato on your foot, it could be life threatening.
    And that means Seano might win the bet and we'll never hear the end of it.

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,605
    No take aways or Deliveroo in Shropshire? :)

Was getting a bit warm for the jacket on the bike this morning, clearly I'm pedalling a lot later than SG. Luckily someone brought a load of Cake into the office so am surviving on that until lunchtime; hopefully my microwave shepherds pies will have defrosted by then. Work work work for now...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    I’m not convinced he can operate an oven so eating a raw potato is likely to speed up the dead in a ditch outcome.

Quietly confident 😃
  • Flâneur
    Imagine Seano if he won something, become more insufferable than MF...
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    tlw1 said:

she left and told me we had potato’s in, so managed to put one in the bottom all by myself.

This resilience in the face of danger is why I won cub of the year back in the day

You're not meant to put them there. It'll take ages to cook.

Seano is definitely going to win his bet.
  • hopkinb
    Wfw. Thanks for all the insulation tape tips..silent bike.
  • seanoconn

• homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,232
    Steel stuff, order a micro screwdriver set, investigate ordering ultrasonic parts cleaner, attempt to recall if my torque wrench is 1/4" drive... Probably is but best to check before buying a bits box for it.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • tlw1
    seanoconn said:

I’m older than that 😢
  • tlw1
    hopkinb said:

tlw1 said:

she left and told me we had potato’s in, so managed to put one in the bottom all by myself.

You're not meant to put them there. It'll take ages to cook.

Seano is definitely going to win his bet.
    It’s browning loverly
  • tlw1
    Stevo_666 said:

No take away or deliveroo in the village 🤬
  • seanoconn

Steel stuff, order a micro screwdriver set, investigate ordering ultrasonic parts cleaner, attempt to recall if my torque wrench is 1/4" drive... Probably is but best to check before buying a bits box for it.

I bought a new torque wrench recently because I broke my old one, couldn’t turn the bloody thing either way to set it. When the new one arrived I realised the old one wasn’t broken, I just forgot to unscrew the lock nut at the bottom 😂
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,232
    :D
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Flâneur
    Stevo,. when are you moving away from Deliveroo and Uber, or not found a place yet.

Seano that is priceless
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • pinno
    Flâneur said:

Stevo,. when are you moving away from Deliveroo and Uber, or not found a place yet.

Seano that is priceless

Although, needs an epitaph.

"I don't drink anymore, I don't drink any less" ?

The obituary will read: "It all went downhill rapidly after Turkey gate..."
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

Hard to find travelling salesmen, Uber or Deliveroo in parts of Jockland. We call them 'meals on wheels'.

• Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Morning!

Anyone got experience of WiFi boosters? Our office / spare room is a WiFi dead zone and I'm thinking one of these boosters that plug into the mains might be a solution...

Only thing is, I have no idea which one to buy or what to look (out) for.

Ta!

I hope everyone's doing okay - been a bit absent in here.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • hopkinb
    Hey Ben.

We used to have one of those plug in ones (tp-link) to boost the WiFi upstairs and in the loft. It was cr@p, though some people swear by them.

Switched to Google mesh (other mesh systems are available). Probably now being spied on by Google, but it works. 370 mbps in the front room at the router. 250 in the back room, 150 upstairs,120 in the loft. Hardwired ethernet connection to another point in Mrs H³'s office at the end of the garden.
  • Ben6899
    Hey mate. Thanks - I'll look at meshes - never heard of it, but happy to research and learn. It certainly works for you - great results there (120 in the loft!).
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    edited May 2021
    seanoconn said:

Flâneur said:

#thoughtsandprayers
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • MattFalle
    Ciao

day off, sunny.

did school run

bought lawnmower

came home

had barney with TDV

cleaner turned up

decorator turned up

went to mow lawn and

gardeners who I thought we had binned off turned up

now sitting in bedroom waiting for everyone to go away so i can walk around my own house
  • MattFalle
    Ben6899 said:

Morning!

Anyone got experience of WiFi boosters? Our office / spare room is a WiFi dead zone and I'm thinking one of these boosters that plug into the mains might be a solution...

Ta!

we've got boosters that work all right - let me get a piccie and I'll post on here in a bit
  • Ben6899
    MattFalle said:

Ben6899 said:

Morning!

Ta!

we've got boosters that work all right - let me get a piccie and I'll post on here in a bit

Thanks Matthew.
    Ben