thursday up walked a baptist preachin' southern funky school teacher

Comments

• MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    seanoconn said:

tetley10 said:

Morning, nice commute into town and back out again. Meetings all morning and Fire Warden training this afternoon. Online Fire Warden training could possibly be the most boring thing possible.

I’ll see your fire warden training and raise you risk assessment training
    this times 1 brazillion.

nothing can be worse than RA training.

Then again, has anyone ever sat through anything to do with St John first aiders?

Phuckme that's painful.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,410
    hopkinb said:

seanoconn said:

hopkinb said:

The City is a bit busier - plenty of drinkers outside the pubs, most of the food outlets are open again. I feel an early bail coming on, a gentle jaunt along the hembankment and along New Kings Road to Putney, then a quick dart towards Barnes and home through Richmond Park.

@veronese68 - are you wfw or wfh today?

I’m busy after work today hop but thanks for asking...
    You don't live on my long way home do you seano? I was only going to pop in and relieve V68 of a cup of tea and see if Mrs V68 had been baking! Next time I'll see if I can pop by casa seano for pierogi, sausage and vodka.
    It’s not all Polski nosh you know, pie and mash this evening, but not the east end kind, the edible kind.

Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    MattFalle said:

seanoconn said:

tetley10 said:

Morning, nice commute into town and back out again. Meetings all morning and Fire Warden training this afternoon. Online Fire Warden training could possibly be the most boring thing possible.

I’ll see your fire warden training and raise you risk assessment training
    this times 1 brazillion.

nothing can be worse than RA training.

Then again, has anyone ever sat through anything to do with St John first aiders?

Phuckme that's painful.
    I've gone a bit further, I'm taking the International Certificate in Risk Management at the moment, 2 exams coming up in June.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    seanoconn said:

hopkinb said:

seanoconn said:

hopkinb said:

The City is a bit busier - plenty of drinkers outside the pubs, most of the food outlets are open again. I feel an early bail coming on, a gentle jaunt along the hembankment and along New Kings Road to Putney, then a quick dart towards Barnes and home through Richmond Park.

You don't live on my long way home do you seano? I was only going to pop in and relieve V68 of a cup of tea and see if Mrs V68 had been baking! Next time I'll see if I can pop by casa seano for pierogi, sausage and vodka.
    It’s not all Polski nosh you know, pie and mash this evening, but not the east end kind, the edible kind.

The East end kind is pretty vile. Mrs H³, wot wiv being being born and bred that way, made me have some once. 2 pies, mash and liquor from Manzes. Now, I'll eat anything except marzipan, but I'll not be hurrying back for that cr@p. The pies were cheap pastry with some 'brown' smeared inside, the mash was gluey and the liquor was watery, salty and green.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,410
    hopkinb said:

seanoconn said:

hopkinb said:

seanoconn said:

hopkinb said:

The East end kind is pretty vile. Mrs H³, wot wiv being being born and bred that way, made me have some once. 2 pies, mash and liquor from Manzes. Now, I'll eat anything except marzipan, but I'll not be hurrying back for that cr@p. The pies were cheap pastry with some 'brown' smeared inside, the mash was gluey and the liquor was watery, salty and green.
    Exactly, I’m not a fussy eater by any stretch and will try literally anything, so pie and mash in Sutton didn’t seem a challenge. Felt nauseous after, cheapest mince pies, tasteless mash with an unclassified green sludge.

Why do people rave about it? Because it’s cheap and plenty of it I suppose 😕
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    My mum was from Pimlico (when it was trashy tenements) and loved pie and mash. There's a pretty good one in Camden apparently.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,347
    RA's - fcuk off, Used to do them myself me.

Made a bench seat out of a chunk of worktop. Used a bench sander and... it's mahogany. Covered in ye olde creosote so should last a millennia or two.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • MattFalle
    hopkinb said:

seanoconn said:

hopkinb said:

oh - thanks for the invite H3.

cheers.

thanks.
  • MattFalle
    pinno said:

Made a bench seat out of a chunk of worktop. Used a bench sander and... it's mahogany. Covered in ye olde creosote so should last a millennia or two.

fresh creosote or old creosote?
  • MattFalle
    seanoconn said:

hopkinb said:

seanoconn said:

hopkinb said:

seanoconn said:

hopkinb said:

Exactly, I’m not a fussy eater by any stretch and will try literally anything, so pie and mash in Sutton didn’t seem a challenge. Felt nauseous after, cheapest mince pies, tasteless mash with an unclassified green sludge.

because much like Hunt wheels, discs and cycling clubs they have believed the hype and feel they HAVE to like it and rave about it.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,689
    If one has no teeth then probs mash n greasy pie is manna innit.
  • pinno
    MattFalle said:

pinno said:

Old. The 'plank' if you can call it, was 2,2m x 40 cm x 10cm and bloody heavy. Most of it was unsalvageable but I managed to get a 1.2m length for the top and 2 x 39cm lengths for legs. It's easily 60 years old, property of old electrickery board.
    40mins with a bench sander.

Here's some un planed off cuts:

...and here's a picture of the sunset:

• hopkinb
    Sunset wins.
  • hopkinb
    MattFalle said:

seanoconn said:

hopkinb said:

seanoconn said:

hopkinb said:

seanoconn said:

hopkinb said:

because much like Hunt wheels, discs and cycling clubs they have believed the hype and feel they HAVE to like it and rave about it.
    I like my discs. Yah boo sucks. You can keep your Hunts and your clubs. Primes and solo/one or two mates for me.
  • hopkinb
    MattFalle said:

hopkinb said:

seanoconn said:

hopkinb said:

cheers.

thanks.
    I'm not going home via Pen Y bl00dy Fan, or Aber-friggin-wystwyth. 😉

Slow fat man Walton loop Saturday morning. Chertsey if the legs are up to it. Flat, decent views of the Thames. I'll make you a coffee and a pizza when we get back.
  • hopkinb
    orraloon said:

If one has no teeth then probs mash n greasy pie is manna innit.

Rice and dal would do the same job and taste better.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,149
    Had the afternoon off so went up some hills to play with radios.
    Fk me I forgot how much it hurts when you have an off and land on rocks. Even the sheep were giving me a "you richardhead" look.
    Still better than sitting indoors though.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,149
    pinno said:

Looks a bit wobbly. Have you done a risk assessment for people sitting on it?

I was driving so didn't get a sunset picture, looked just as good down this way too :sunglasses:

• MattFalle
    hopkinb said:

MattFalle said:

hopkinb said:

seanoconn said:

hopkinb said:

cheers.

thanks.
    I'm not going home via Pen Y bl00dy Fan, or Aber-friggin-wystwyth. 😉

Slow fat man Walton loop Saturday morning. Chertsey if the legs are up to it. Flat, decent views of the Thames. I'll make you a coffee and a pizza when we get back.
    But you know there is an MF living in V's loft - you could have taken him.
  • MattFalle
    pinno said:

MattFalle said:

pinno said:

Old. The 'plank' if you can call it, was 2,2m x 40 cm x 10cm and bloody heavy. Most of it was unsalvageable but I managed to get a 1.2m length for the top and 2 x 39cm lengths for legs. It's easily 60 years old, property of old electrickery board.

wear some old clothes on it first - we had an old telegraph pole we used to throw knives at that was decades old.

sat on it for 5 mins and it messed up my troo-sers.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,324
    Sorry H³, just got back. I was wfw today anyway. Got home, swapped bikes and shoes, then straight round to the old dear's. Had gnocchi verdi followed by chicken wings. Then walked up to the common and had a pint with big sis. Very pleasant. Going to be spending a bit of time with sis whilst she's over going through stuff at the old dear's.
    Thought the garage MF was quiet, seems he's moved into the loft.
  • pinno
    MattFalle said:

pinno said:

MattFalle said:

pinno said:

wear some old clothes on it first - we had an old telegraph pole we used to throw knives at that was decades old.

sat on it for 5 mins and it messed up my troo-sers.
    That was the Langoustine of Ravioli - I told you to avoid seafood from Llewelyn Gwynfor Massimo Petrucci's.

No, it's dry az a bone. You don't have to worry about my trewsers, Donald.
  • pinno
    thistle_ said:

pinno said:

Looks a bit wobbly. Have you done a risk assessment for people sitting on it?

The management accept no responsibility...

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,870
    thistle_ said:

Had the afternoon off so went up some hills to play with radios.
    Fk me I forgot how much it hurts when you have an off and land on rocks. Even the sheep were giving me a "you richardhead" look.
    Still better than sitting indoors though.

That’s what happens when you go off playing in my playground 😂
  • hopkinb

Sorry H³, just got back. I was wfw today anyway. Got home, swapped bikes and shoes, then straight round to the old dear's. Had gnocchi verdi followed by chicken wings. Then walked up to the common and had a pint with big sis.

Oohh, lovely! Hand in hand? Every time I've gone past it's rammed outside.

Mrs V called the police on me in the end, what with the too small cycling kit and the shouted demands for pecan muffins...
  • veronese68
    hopkinb said:

Sorry H³, just got back. I was wfw today anyway. Got home, swapped bikes and shoes, then straight round to the old dear's. Had gnocchi verdi followed by chicken wings. Then walked up to the common and had a pint with big sis.

Mrs V called the police on me in the end, what with the too small cycling kit and the shouted demands for pecan muffins...
    Ah, she mentioned something but it sounded too insane so I figured she was hallucinating after too much of mother's little helper.
  • pinno

hopkinb said:

Ah, she mentioned something but it sounded too insane so I figured she was hallucinating after too much of mother's little helper.
    You've driven her to alcoholism? Bstard.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,515
    pinno said:

hopkinb said:

tlw might disagree with that sentiment.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,870
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

hopkinb said:

tlw might disagree with that sentiment.
    Correct, the family that binge drink together say together
  • veronese68
    pinno said:

hopkinb said:

No, you need to improve your Rolling Stones knowledge. You're thinking of mother's ruin.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-zxBNz3XbM