tuesday we penetrated deeper and deeper into the heart of darkness

2»

Comments

• hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Oooh. Lovely atmospheric sex pond!

We have a week on Gwythian beach in July, 1st week of school holidays. Just looked it up, seems we are sex pond inclusive.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,344
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

At least Cornwall is the right way up today.

What's with this sooky sooky sook Seano?

Sunshine and a little bit milder. That means... I can feel my feet.
    Decided after Sunday's failed arctic ride that ordering some cold weather winter gloves from Lusso would make the weather turn milder.
    I think everybody who cycles should buy winter gear now and then there would be a heat wave.

Sooky? = moaning or nice?
    Sook = suck
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,320
    How did you get the sex pond the right way up? Fork lift, crane, digger? Certainly makes life easier if you don't have to hold on to stop yourselves falling out.
    I wobbled over to the old dear's to see big sis' after work, sat in the garden for an socially distanced chat. Seems she has got her head round that Mum does indeed want to move which is a very good thing for my peace of mind. Funny ride over there, bloke in his boy racer lycra garb was tucked in behind me, not sure how I could tell without a mirror. Dropped him along a straight flat bit and thought i'd lost him, I'd slowed up along some side roads and as I went under the A3 noticed he'd caught up again. Going up the other side I clocked him, significantly younger than me and looked out of breath. Unfortunately I turned off shortly after, maybe I should have rinsed him again just for kicks. Very satisfying though.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,149

. Funny ride over there, bloke in his boy racer lycra garb was tucked in behind me, not sure how I could tell without a mirror. Dropped him along a straight flat bit and thought i'd lost him, I'd slowed up along some side roads and as I went under the A3 noticed he'd caught up again. Going up the other side I clocked him, significantly younger than me and looked out of breath. Unfortunately I turned off shortly after, maybe I should have rinsed him again just for kicks. Very satisfying though.

Quite common near work to find riders on tt bikes in team sky kit pottering around on the cycle paths.
    Easy targets for dropping on the full suss :naughty:
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,869
    thistle_ said:

. Funny ride over there, bloke in his boy racer lycra garb was tucked in behind me, not sure how I could tell without a mirror. Dropped him along a straight flat bit and thought i'd lost him, I'd slowed up along some side roads and as I went under the A3 noticed he'd caught up again. Going up the other side I clocked him, significantly younger than me and looked out of breath. Unfortunately I turned off shortly after, maybe I should have rinsed him again just for kicks. Very satisfying though.

Quite common near work to find riders on tt bikes in team sky kit pottering around on the cycle paths.
    Easy targets for dropping on the full suss :naughty:
    But at least I say hello as you go past
  • nibnob21
    nibnob21 Posts: 207
    Cyclist in head to toe castelli gear and what looked like a factor one didn't like being overtaken by me on my cyclo-cross bike and a backpack on my commute home. Felt the need to 'draft' me without so much as asking (which does annoy me to be fair). Poor him only got a few hundred yards of it before I turned off. I also don't have mirrors but I don't have a way of staring at my POWER numbers so maybe that's how I knew he was there? Thankfully no ambush from traffic lights.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,320
    So how did we both know there was someone there if we didn't have mirrors, we must have been using the force.
    That reminds me, I need to fit the aeroplane to my old man's bike.

Roadie's love being passed by a bike with a basket and a little plastic aeroplane on the handlebars. Does it count as cheating becasue it's aero?
  • nibnob21
    nibnob21 Posts: 207
    Might get some bar end tassels as well.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,497
    They also hate being passed by anyone on a hybrid :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,344
    How about some Spokey dokey beads?

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,149
    nibnob21 said:

Might get some bar end tassels as well.

I think wicker baskets are on the FCN list but bar tassels and spokey dokeys are not.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,869
    Stevo_666 said:

I suppose it could happen in theory 😂
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,497
    tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

I suppose it could happen in theory 😂
    I hang back when the lights are red and surprise them as they change o:)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]