Weird Sights

2»

Comments

• tetley10
    tetley10 Posts: 693
    johngti said:

tetley10 said:

I saw a fella turn up on a club run and he was wearing red bib longs, extra red.

1. We weren’t a club then
    2. We’d not been riding long so taste was yet to develop.
    3. THEY WERE BLACK AND RED!!!!!
    They were definitely mostly red.

• webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    I have a pair of red bib longs, Assos they are. Christmas present from the missus, I often pair them with a red gillet. I get seen without having to wear flo yellow.
  • tetley10
    tetley10 Posts: 693
    It looks like the red bib longs are de rigueur in the cake stop, @johngti.
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    There’s no pictorial evidence of these longs. However, there is definitely evidence of someone wearing baggies and ski socks, which IIRC were present on quite a large number of early bike rides...
  • About 20 years ago I was in Reykjavik when a car came screaming around the corner and slid to a halt outside the bank I was walking past. A man in a Karate suit came running out and jumped in the car, which then sped off. Nobody else batted an eyelid.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    edited April 2021
    johngti said:

There’s no pictorial evidence of these longs. However, there is definitely evidence of someone wearing baggies and ski socks, which IIRC were present on quite a large number of early bike rides...

Long socks with shorts was coming back into fashion with the hipster cycling fraternity when I left The Netherlands. No doubt 'gravel baggies' will bring it even further back into fashion...

Most of my 'Weird sights" were overhearing the trials tribulations of the super-rich whilst they were in the back of my van
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,355
    tetley10 said:

It was Swanley Asda though so he may have just been playing it safe.

Was delivering a brand new Securicor cash vehicle to Swanlea. Turned 1st left into a Gypsy camp. Had to drive all the way up and all the way back to turn around. When I got to the yard, the vehicle was covered in mud and stone chips that were chucked at it by kids.

The bloke said "Took the wrong turn mate?"

I wasn't the first.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,355
    Paris, July '97.

Stayed at la maison suédoise in the La Cité Universitaire.

Late in the evenings was the rather haunting sound of a female opera singer, singing away in the distance, somewhere in the park.
    Didn't actually see her. I wanted to but the then GF was a bit paranoid.
    She wasn't practising nor attached to any production apparently, just took to singing on her own, in the dark.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!