tuesday peel me a pineapple

Comments

• elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    MattFalle said:

WILL THIS NEVER END?

Nope, suck it up mr STEM ambassador.

Doing the talks etc at schools and colleges can be fun. I did a 6 form college careers day thing, talking about engineering and that was quite cool.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    The actual STEM bit was ok, its been the past 3 hrs of dullness of people going through the work systems showing how we have to book events onto the system.

just take the most inefficient system any of you guys have ever had to work with, slowwwww it down, make it unsuitable for the platform its on and le voila.

presenter lady just spent 30 mins inputting an "event" on the system which then didn't work and the system crashed ....
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,872
    seanoconn said:

Just been marched into the school in front of all the other parents to be spoken to about my son likening another pupils skin colour to poop! What a great start to Easter.

Son for sale, if anyone is interested 😔

😂
    Mine have done similar
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,538
    edited March 2021
    seanoconn said:

Just been marched into the school in front of all the other parents to be spoken to about my son likening another pupils skin colour to poop! What a great start to Easter.

Son for sale, if anyone is interested 😔

So you'll now be known as 'Seano the racist Dad' and shunned by all the other parents at the school gates.

Junior is the opposite. She temporarily flounced out of our family WhatsApp group earlier this year after being so woke I sent this to take the mick out of her:

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • MattFalle
    I currently get a 20 min lecture every night from bambina about lgbtqiaa+ rights and the evil of men in the world.

i share your pain.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,538
    edited March 2021
    Junior was triggered by last nights news about the Derek Chauvin trial. Me explaining that everyone has a right to a fair trial and they couldn't just take him straight down to the electric chair without having a trial first didn't go down terribly well.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Stevo_666 said:

Junior was triggered by last nights news about the Derek Chauvin trial. Me explaining that everyone has a right to a fair trial and they couldn't just take him straight down to the electric chair without having a trial first didn't go down terribly well.

You're probably on shaky ground there Stevo, especially in the US, were you to reverse the polarity, so to speak.

Anyway, Mrs H³, in her infinite wisdom, and inability to to not spend money, has bought an outdoor gas fired pizza oven. So we are trying that out tonight. It does get bloody hot. Just knocked out mini's pizza in literally 60 seconds. She is delighted with it.
  • hopkinb
    I reckon it gets tandoor hot, so homemade naans, rotis. It came with a cast iron sizzly thing too, so non bread based cooking too. Tandoori chicken etc.

Still a gigantic waste of money, unless heavily used. Fingers crossed for that hot summer.
  • elbowloh
    I'm browsing BBQs now.

Gas for convenience or charcoal for authenticity and smokiness?
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • elbowloh
    hopkinb said:

Stevo_666 said:

You're probably on shaky ground there Stevo, especially in the US, were you to reverse the polarity, so to speak.

Anyway, Mrs H³, in her infinite wisdom, and inability to to not spend money, has bought an outdoor gas fired pizza oven. So we are trying that out tonight. It does get bloody hot. Just knocked out mini's pizza in literally 60 seconds. She is delighted with it.
    One of those Oomni things?
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • hopkinb
    Aye, exactly that. Ooni.

I have a weber gas one, and also one of the mini kettle ones for charcoal.

I had a cheap gas grill before. Barely used it. The weber one is brilliant. We used it a huge amount last year. Build quality is great. Cleaning is simple. Temperature control actually works.

We take the charcoal one camping for authentically charred yet raw, food.

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,328
    elbowloh said:

I'm browsing BBQs now.

We've got a gas 3 burner stainless steel Weber thingy. Mate found it being thrown out with the bins outside a big posh house, unfortunately for him living in a first floor flat it was of little use, big win for me though. Tightened up the loose fitting that had caused a small fire and replaced the melted knob (ooh-err) and it's given good service for at least 10 years. No idea how old it was when we got it.
  • MattFalle
    hopkinb said:

Stevo_666 said:

poidh
  • MattFalle

elbowloh said:

I'm browsing BBQs now.

We've got a gas 3 burner stainless steel Weber thingy. Mate found it being thrown out with the bins outside a big posh house, unfortunately for him living in a first floor flat it was of little use, big win for me though. Tightened up the loose fitting that had caused a small fire and replaced the melted knob (ooh-err) and it's given good service for at least 10 years. No idea how old it was when we got it.
    gas here. just so convenient.

we went to Edwyn's and he was selling an iso liad of dark green ones that oozed alpha male ugh bbq meat ugh brawing laughter.

so i bought one in a lovely pastel green.

big enough to cook enough food for two families in one hit, looks cool.

had it ten years and its perfect. we garage it in the winter so that helps but its mega.

will post piccie in a bit
  • hopkinb
    MattFalle said:

hopkinb said:

Stevo_666 said:

poidh

• hopkinb
    Skill levels will improve.
  • hopkinb
    60-90 seconds and you're done. Remarkable.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,555
    hopkinb said:

I reckon it gets tandoor hot, so homemade naans, rotis. It came with a cast iron sizzly thing too, so non bread based cooking too. Tandoori chicken etc.

Still a gigantic waste of money, unless heavily used. Fingers crossed for that hot summer.

i use a tawa for chapattis/rotis, make them thin, get it to killing heat on the induction, 15-30 sec a side, nom

i got a cast iron one in india, 2-3kg, should last several centuries so there's heirloom potential, and in the event of burglars a fearsome weapon
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,153
    Went out.
    6+ hrs on the full susser.
    Tan lines officially started.

• veronese68
    edited March 2021
    hopkinb said:

Do you want volunteers to practice on?

Gas barbecue with some sort of veggie sh!t on it

• veronese68
    The downside of a gas cylinder being what just happened to me, emergency dash round the corner to steal a mate's spare cylinder saved the day.
  • hopkinb

hopkinb said:

Tell you what. If you can make your way over here. Espresso and pizza in exchange for headset bearing replacement tuition. Let's set a date.
  • hopkinb
    Beer too. Post headset.
  • veronese68
    hopkinb said:

hopkinb said:

Tell you what. If you can make your way over here. Espresso and pizza in exchange for headset bearing replacement tuition. Let's set a date.
    Sounds good to me, I'll send you a text.
  • hopkinb
    I'll order the headset. Sounds like a bag of rusty spanners.
  • MattFalle
    hopkinb said:

MattFalle said:

hopkinb said:

Stevo_666 said:

poidh

sweeet as!

we have the same principle - slab of stone with a metal lid that sits on top of the bbq - basically does exactly the same job
  • MattFalle
    this, here, see bud lush.

• elbowloh
    MattFalle said:

Any good though?
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • hopkinb
    edited March 2021
    MattFalle said:

hopkinb said:

MattFalle said:

hopkinb said:

Stevo_666 said:

poidh

sweeet as!

we have the same principle - slab of stone with a metal lid that sits on top of the bbq - basically does exactly the same job
    Your solution at considerably less cost. Still, it's her money.

We just bought some ready made dough, tinned sauce and cheap mozzarella.

I reckon if you buy the right flour, make your own dough, good tomatoes and cheese, it'll be dirt cheap and delicious, few bits of salami, nduja or chorizo, onions. Except the bloody bottled gas, that's about as much as gold.
  • MattFalle
    elbowloh said:

MattFalle said:

Any good though?
    surprisingly so, tbh. its a bit small but turns out very edible nosh, so no real complaints overall.

its no patch on the real thing but overall can't complain