sunday isn't

'ning

spring, same weather different season

ride etc., may succumb to online shopping, though mrs s far outpaces me on that, bubbly later
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, bright , cool northerly blowing though, early ride today , spring time, clocks forward next weekend , let’s hope the weather improves
    Have a good day
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Tired, late night/early morning and then couldn't sleep, but bright side, no longer running & managed to hit my goal of 75 miles 😎

Today has started well with eldest coming with me to walk the hounds. Now relax and start drinking sooner than later
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Ciao

grey, fresh, drinking coffee before going to sit in a car park while boy plays tennis.

may do weights sesh as nothing else to do then 4 o'clock ish Zwift.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • MattFalle
    Any racin' on Eurosport today? Have 7 day free trial so want to use it to its fullest.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    So Pinno hasn’t surfaced since his jab?

He was always like a dad to me and I’m sure he would have wanted his favourite BBer and son he never had to have his Colnago. It’s the least I can do 😔
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'Ning
    Sunny and warm here.
    Thought I'd managed to get my tan lines back but it was just lobster coloured from the wind.
    Pilates seems to be cancelled due to rugby hangovers.
  • thistle_
    tlw1 said:

Tired, late night/early morning and then couldn't sleep, but bright side, no longer running & managed to hit my goal of 75 miles 😎

Feel bad now for turning down the offer. Not sure if have been able to keep that pace for 5k anyway.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    headed out south east to find that shooters hill descent has become a pothole strewn death trap for the unwary, i was wary

pinno is fighting for control with the microchip, i reckon he'll win in the end
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    MattFalle said:

Any racin' on Eurosport today? Have 7 day free trial so want to use it to its fullest.

Trofeo Alfredo Binda on ES player, live 1330-1515 or catch it up. WWT.

Slept long even if broken. Not yet fully awake, coffee #1 in hand. Sun shining here 😳, for now anyway, will get out for a leg stretch pootle in a while. Stay local as Spaffer says, but actually because the freehub on the graveller is well dodgy. Fun bike though.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    seanoconn said:

So Pinno hasn’t surfaced since his jab?

He was always like a dad to me and I’m sure he would have wanted his favourite BBer and son he never had to have his Colnago. It’s the least I can do 😔

He'd have been gutted to know that nobody wanted first dibs on his cars :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    Peaceful morning so far. Might have to go get some mouse traps later as junior said she heard scratching noises in the loft. Not sure how the little bar stewards got up there.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Traditional slow start is being enjoyed, should probably do something. Back is giving me gyp so won't do too much.
    Need to visit the old dear, should check she's managed to do the census I suppose.
    I was thinking of putting a little Bluetooth speaker in the loft and playing scratching noises into the twatty neighbours bedroom to mess with their heads. Well I did tell them they should get the builders to seal the holes between lofts, now I can see the back of their plasterboard.
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Morning. Rough night following the jab. Seems better now. Do some work later, maybe get some fresh air.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Slow walk this morning. Coffee and some fairly determined loafing for a while.

Loaded ute with scrap steel for the tip run this afternoon, and picked up a log splitter from mate to deal with the few ton of firewood piled up.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Yer all gettin' nothin'.

Slept badly till about 5am and then crashed.

Then decided I was too crook to do anything but after a coffee, set about cleaning and waxing and preening Porker #2. Even made bread.
    Farqed now. Feet up and cocoa for me.
    seanoconn said:

He was always like a dad to me...

Ooo hell.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • MattFalle
    Pinno was the best. I will always remember him fondly. He always said I was special to him, more special than the others

#prayforPinno
  • MattFalle

Slow walk this morning. Coffee and some fairly determined loafing for a while.

Loaded ute with scrap steel for the tip run this afternoon, and picked up a log splitter from mate to deal with the few ton of firewood piled up.

nearly the most Australian post ever. hust needed to mention bogans and a barbie and it would have been perfect.
  • seanoconn
    MattFalle said:

Pinno was the best. I will always remember him fondly. He always said I was special to him, more special than the others

#prayforPinno

Pray for Pinno 😔 F@ck, I ticked ‘no religion’ on the census, am I still allowed to pray?

It’s almost as if you can still hear him sometimes.

He always told me you were more special than the others when I was sitting on his lap, he confided in me because I was his favourite 😢
  • johngti
    pinno said:

Yer all gettin' nothin'.

Then decided I was too crook to do anything but after a coffee, set about cleaning and waxing and preening Porker #2. Even made bread.

seanoconn said:

Ooo hell.

Try the Snyder cut of justice league. Guaranteed to get you to sleep
  • seanoconn
    johngti said:

pinno said:

Yer all gettin' nothin'.

seanoconn said:

Ooo hell.

As bad as the first cut?
  • veronese68
    First cut don't hurt at all. Second makes you wonder.
  • johngti
    seanoconn said:

johngti said:

pinno said:

Yer all gettin' nothin'.

seanoconn said:

Ooo hell.

As bad as the first cut?
    Twice as long. Nuff said
  • johngti

First cut don't hurt at all. Second makes you wonder.

First cut is the deepest though
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Did a ride. Cleaned shyte in garden. Cleaned bbq, lazy bastard that I am, I failed to do so before winter. Going to finish off the rib of beef that's been slowly coming up to medium rare on it. Knackered. Getting old.
  • thistle_
    edited March 2021
    pinno said:

Yer all gettin' nothin'.

Hope you're feeling better tomorrow.
    You should have had a kip outside in the sun, or in the porker.

Too sunny to sit inside playing with wires so went for a walk:

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Ride rided. No pics though 🙁 Much drier today 😊 Started with same loop did last Monday and standing water all gone, almost no puddles. Spring is springing. 👍 Added on another grassier loop hadn't done since autumn due to excess gloop and all good.

Really enjoying the gravel bike. Partly as routes have much less exposure to vehicles. Bar road crossings today, I encountered a princely 4 cars on the narrow backroads sections, this on a 3 hour ride. And this is southern England not Wyoming or wherever.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    edited March 2021
    thistle_ said:

Hope you're feeling better tomorrow.
    You should have had a kip outside in the sun, or in the porker.

Cheers Thistle. I really expected worse.

I did have a kip in the conservatory. Oh, and on the couch too.

Made Chocolate milkshake for the girls (and me). Fantastic pick me up.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    Good walk to the old dear's, bumped into a couple of friends on the way. Much reminiscing this time as I passed a few houses recalling the girls I knew way back when. People may have wondered why I was smiling so much. Turns out I knew a lot of pretty girls with rich parents.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551

Turns out I knew a lot of pretty girls with rich parents.

Best type to marry I hear?

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831

Turns out I knew a lot of pretty girls with rich parents.

Best type to marry I hear?

Rich elderly parents are the best