friday i've only seen it happen twice, but both times it was mighty nice

Comments

• hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    pinno said:

...a frikkin tache?!!

A short beard really, but it was only the 'tache that I was twirling.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,089
    hopkinb said:

pinno said:

...a frikkin tache?!!

I can't decide whether or not I should let you off.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    johngti said:

Gooood afternoon!

Managed to get a task completed rather more quickly than anticipated meaning I can go home sharpish this afternoon, so that's win #1. Taking one of the stupid cats to the vets tonight to (hopefully) get signed off from having to be kept in all the time. Which will mean no more cat poo smell wafting through the house and me getting my turbo trainer space back. With any luck, that'll be win #2. And finally, vaccination tomorrow morning so that will be win #3. With luck, I won't get too many side effects and I might even manage a bit of a ride on Sunday. Good times.

That’ll teach me to make assumptions. Massive job landed on my desk at 3.45, just as I was about to leave. Still there now, probably will be until kicking out time. Mostly because other people don’t think about the impact of decisions that they make on other people. Joys of middle leadership SMH/FML
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,605
    hopkinb said:

Not much is the answer. I need some of that moustache wax, and a longer moustache.

Its nice not to have shave too often, but apart from that and greater social acceptance in Commuting Chat I'm sure what the benefits are?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    johngti said:

johngti said:

Gooood afternoon!

Managed to get a task completed rather more quickly than anticipated meaning I can go home sharpish this afternoon, so that's win #1. Taking one of the stupid cats to the vets tonight to (hopefully) get signed off from having to be kept in all the time. Which will mean no more cat poo smell wafting through the house and me getting my turbo trainer space back. With any luck, that'll be win #2. And finally, vaccination tomorrow morning so that will be win #3. With luck, I won't get too many side effects and I might even manage a bit of a ride on Sunday. Good times.

That’ll teach me to make assumptions. Massive job landed on my desk at 3.45, just as I was about to leave. Still there now, probably will be until kicking out time. Mostly because other people don’t think about the impact of decisions that they make on other people. Joys of middle leadership SMH/FML
    do you want me to send an MF round to pay someone a visit?
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb said:

pinno said:

...a frikkin tache?!!

Oh go on. Lerrus off.
  • hopkinb
    Stevo_666 said:

hopkinb said:

Not much is the answer. I need some of that moustache wax, and a longer moustache.

Its nice not to have shave too often, but apart from that and greater social acceptance in Commuting Chat I'm sure what the benefits are?
    Since 2015, I've had a proper shave for my daughter's funeral, both my grandmother's funerals and my wedding. I get awful ingrown hairs and skin irritation wet shaving, so I gave it up. I used to keep it at 5 mm once a week with a beard trimmer, then Mrs H³ bust that comb, and now the shortest I can keep it is 10.4 mm. I keep the sides and under neck trimmed with the bare clippers more often. I tried longer, but I just looked homeless.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,605
    hopkinb said:

Stevo_666 said:

hopkinb said:

Since 2015, I've had a proper shave for my daughter's funeral, both my grandmother's funerals and my wedding. I get awful ingrown hairs and skin irritation wet shaving, so I gave it up. I used to keep it at 5 mm once a week with a beard trimmer, then Mrs H³ bust that comb, and now the shortest I can keep it is 10.4 mm. I keep the sides and under neck trimmed with the bare clippers more often. I tried longer, but I just looked homeless.
    Fair enough, I get away with shaving twice a week in lockdown, once on a Sunday evening and another mid week. Helps not to have dark thick facial hair. Given I've gone back semi skinhead till the barbers open again, that distracts from any chin stubble.

As long as you don't end up looking like this bloke off Masterchef...

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • MattFalle
    NWO!!!!

ITS THE BEGINING OF THE END, SHEEPLE

• hopkinb
    oxoman said:

Urghg. One of oxoteen,s 15 yr old mates has a full on beard. Seems very strange when we see him.

There's always one. I had a Greek classmate who could grow a beard at 13.
  • johngti
    MattFalle said:

johngti said:

johngti said:

Gooood afternoon!

do you want me to send an MF round to pay someone a visit?
    That’s very kind of you, MF but no. I’ll deal with it in my usual manner: briefly express angry frustration before bottling it up until the point in the indeterminate future when it all manifests as a massive heart attack or stroke
  • hopkinb
    Stevo_666 said:

hopkinb said:

Stevo_666 said:

hopkinb said:

Fair enough, I get away with shaving twice a week in lockdown, once on a Sunday evening and another mid week. Helps not to have dark thick facial hair. Given I've gone back semi skinhead till the barbers open again, that distracts from any chin stubble.

As long as you don't end up looking like this bloke off Masterchef...

😀

I'm quite fair-haired (ginger, as I believe you comedians call it), though mainly grey now. Also keep my hair very short.
  • hopkinb
    Listening to various Anna Netrebko arias and duets. The Barcarolle with Garanča is so lovely.

https://youtu.be/0u0M4CMq7uI

Mini is rolling her eyes.
  • johngti
    That was wonderful. Thank you
  • MattFalle
    On the contraire, this is us at the mo'...

I asked Alexa to play Absolute Radio. She decided different....

• elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Is that a snare?
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • hopkinb
    johngti said:

That was wonderful. Thank you

:)
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,197
    hopkinb said:

Listening to various Anna Netrebko arias and duets. The Barcarolle with Garanča is so lovely.

Didn't realise Billie Piper had developed such a powerful style. 😊
    Nice clip. 👍
  • hopkinb
    I went to see Joyce DiDonato at the Barbican some years ago. To watch a genuine talent perform the impossible with seemingly no effort, in any field of endeavour, is always inspiring. Sport, music, art, whatever your preference. It's the way they make it look easy on top of those hours of unseen effort.
  • hopkinb
    Anyone seen whiplash? Super film.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    hopkinb said:

Excellent 👍
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    hopkinb said:

Not seen it yet but have heard it's good.
  • MattFalle
    orraloon said:

hopkinb said:

Nice clip. 👍
    Suzanna Reid has kept that singing voice tucked away as well.
  • hopkinb
    MattFalle said:

orraloon said:

hopkinb said:

Nice clip. 👍
    Suzanna Reid has kept that singing voice tucked away as well.
    And of course a bit of the ba advert? Was it BA? The Delibes flower duet anyway. The beauty of headphones.

https://youtu.be/M9NK-EbUAao
  • hopkinb
    She can watch her US comedies, and I can either listen to a book or some of this. She doesn't approve. Says it sounds like foxes on heat.

Long walk with dog tomorrow.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,197
    Yes, BA it was. Back in the days when I was one of those corporate hamster frequent flyers.

Chill hb.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,089
    hopkinb said:

You watch that and you wonder at the levels humanity can reach... and then you think of Islamic state, the Yemen, Syria...

The mind boggles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kP5O_NUhrK0

Something lighter:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cf8uyUtK3fA
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • MattFalle
    pinno said:

hopkinb said:

You watch that and you wonder at the levels humanity can reach... and then you think of Islamic state, the Yemen, the Conservative party starving children, billionaires not paying taxes, Syria...

The mind boggles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kP5O_NUhrK0

Something lighter:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cf8uyUtK3fA
  • hopkinb
    The adhan can be amazingly beautiful. In Morden or Marrakech.

Also, what the MF's say. But that has always been there. We can protest, we can acquiesce; if we're of that mind, we can judge and blame and feel self-righteous; we can benefit or suffer, but that inequality of opportunity or outcome has never not been present in the human condition.

I think most people would want it to disappear, but unfortunately not those who seek, or are drawn to political or corporate power.

• hopkinb
    Also. T!ts @nd @rses. Proper ones, out of Carry On films.