thursday rendezvous at idelewild

'ning

not as nippy, wind howling, hope it doesn't rain

ride, perhaps acquire cake, nip in to gmc on way back and do a thing, head home, webex, relax
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, blowing a gale , dog walking in a few minutes, the weekly shop later, doubt I will be venturing out on the bike in this wind,
    Have a good day
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,152
    'Ning
    Wet and windy here.
    Need to go shopping, then WFH.
  • nibnob21
    nibnob21 Posts: 207
    About to take the dog out, hopefully stay on my feet, bloody foul out there. Might be a rare car day to work.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,690
    Riders and speed? Thought it was PEDs and EPO?

Work work day, going to be just a tad on the 'kinL it's windy side. Rain showers should buxxer off soon and it stay dry. Possibly. Or I get rinsed again.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,871
    Can confirm it is shoot outside, long walk = happy dogs and hair styled by nature.

Work stuff and then a run with a pal later - close to thistle territory
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,413
    Nobody hard enough for a ride today? Where’s nibnob?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    sungod said:

'ning

ride, perhaps acquire cake, nip in to gmc on way back and do a thing, head home, webex, relax

Really?
  • nibnob21
    nibnob21 Posts: 207
    seanoconn said:

I'm here. Was hard yesterday and came back on the road. Had motorists passing way too close despite it being a clear road, clearly wanting to get a closer look of how hard I was. So hard.

Struggling with motivation to get on the bike when I head to work later though. Riding into strong wind completely strips any enjoyment out of it for me.
  • seanoconn
    nibnob21 said:

seanoconn said:

I'm here. Was hard yesterday and came back on the road. Had motorists passing way too close despite it being a clear road, clearly wanting to get a closer look of how hard I was. So hard.

Struggling with motivation to get on the bike when I head to work later though. Riding into strong wind completely strips any enjoyment out of it for me.
    Wind isn’t dying down here (south east) till this afternoon and then it’s still in the late teens mph.
  • seanoconn
    Recycling bin went for a walk in the middle of the night, found the b@gger this morning asleep in the middle of the crossroads causing mayhem. You’d think someone would have gotten out of their car and helped him to the pavement at least.
  • thistle_
    seanoconn said:

Recycling bin went for a walk in the middle of the night, found the b@gger this morning asleep in the middle of the crossroads causing mayhem. You’d think someone would have gotten out of their car and helped him to the pavement at least.

Someone's bin was in the road this morning. Local WVM decided to swerve round it and knocked his wingmirror off on a big stone wall in the process. I'm sure it's the wall's fault.

Wind has died down a bit and the sun's out - now that it's time for work.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Ciao

v v windy here as well, sense of malaise floating around. May do utterly nothing as have lost motivation.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    We have someone in fitting blinds to the rooms at the front if the house. Cost a sodding fortune, but the wife wants them.

I'm just visualising what bike I could have bought instead as each one goes up.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    elbowloh said:

We have someone in fitting blinds to the rooms at the front if the house. Cost a sodding fortune, but the wife wants them.

Try "plantation shutters" if you really want to feel skint.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    hopkinb said:

elbowloh said:

Not sure why I typed blinds, it is shutters we're having fitted.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,355
    hopkinb said:

elbowloh said:

Oh yeah, this. I had these shutters on PPP and they were well past their sell by date. But basically because being a converted cottage, the downstairs windows were much smaller then the upstairs one's and it looked a symmetrical.
    Would love to have had French style replacements but settled on fixed composite one's.
    Plus side, they'll last forever.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

There's a distinct lack of altruism in todays society.
  • pinno
    edited March 2021
    nibnob21 said:

About to take the dog out, hopefully stay on my feet...

Carry the dog.
  • pinno
    oxoman said:

...riders and speed.

I had a completely different thing in my mind.
    Great weekends are a thing of the past.

• pinno
    Windy here but i'm too slight and too feeble to attempt cycling in it. Did a load of core stabi.... hang on, i'm in BB.

Had coffee, must do schooling. Shorty's being a pain this morning - shouting a lot about cornflakes and chopped banana.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Coffee, work, no cycling. It was bad enough yesterday with heavy rain and strong wind, today the rain is heavier and the wind is stronger. I could do a point to point up to Edinburgh but alas it's against the rules...
  • MattFalle
    hopkinb said:

elbowloh said:

we have them

i declined to ask TDV how much they cost for fear of crying in front of the bambini.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,552
    seanoconn said:

sungod said:

'ning

Really?
    by dawn the wind here wasn't that bad, plenty of others out riding too, london is sheltered, i'm used to riding windier conditions in lanzarote

brekkie seems a long time ago, elevenses beckon, then maybe a stroll
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, much huff outside which seems to be dying down finally No errant wheelie bins here local council still hold onto the belief bin bags are best.

Much prep occuring for shenanigans abroad, I say prep their all out there just making sure it all behaves our end really

Please no mention of shutters OH keeps wafting the idea of half window plantation ones in the front of the house.
    Anyway booked some time off for the fun task of re fencing the back of the garden, got to re do about twelve meters of featherboard which is various states of rotting out so that will be a fun way to spent a few days, tricky part will be I'm doing it alone an have to keep the border secure each night as it backs onto a wood. lots of faff.
  • thistle_
    step83 said:

Anyway booked some time off for the fun task of re fencing the back of the garden, got to re do about twelve meters of featherboard which is various states of rotting out so that will be a fun way to spent a few days, tricky part will be I'm doing it alone an have to keep the border secure each night as it backs onto a wood. lots of faff.

Swapping panels is usually pretty quick - one out one in job.
    If you need new posts just put the new ones in first on the outside :wink: drop the new panels in then take the old ones out.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,871
    thistle_ said:

step83 said:

If you need new posts just put the new ones in first on the outside :wink: drop the new panels in then take the old ones out.
    Plus a slight land grab opportunity
  • thistle_
    tlw1 said:

thistle_ said:

step83 said:

Plus a slight land grab opportunity
    I was thinking maybe 300 mm away to get the footings in. If he goes for 10m he'll need to book another week off to put the extra fencing up.
  • MattFalle
    step83 said:

Morning, much huff outside which seems to be dying down finally No errant wheelie bins here local council still hold onto the belief bin bags are best.

Much prep occuring for shenanigans abroad, I say prep their all out there just making sure it all behaves our end really

Please no mention of shutters OH keeps wafting the idea of half window plantation ones in the front of the house.

psssst - mate, you're on stag.
  • MattFalle
    thistle_ said:

step83 said:

once the first post is in and level its simple.

postcrete goes off really quickly so post i, leave to go off, panel on, next post.

An average sized garden took me and TDV maybe 5/6 hours to do and it withstood everything.
  • pinno
    edited March 2021
    I prefer opposite slats using pressure treated wood (cheap) and then the wind can get through it.

Panelling - horrible and expensive for what it is.

@step83 : Surely that daft dog of yours would be happy to do the demolition?