Thursday, No matter whatever happens, we’re here

2»

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,671

Visitors arrived yesterday. They leave Saturday, which is almost-but-not-quite-soon-enough. But at least they were out all day amusing themselves, and again tomorrow.

Was going to dismantle small lean-to roof bit off the back of the shed, but wind decided to howl so that job was postponed. Didn't fancy sheets of roofing iron and 50 km/h wind combo bringing on death by decapitation disease.

Ripped out some shrubbery instead, which was a bigger than expected job but all done. Wind still not helping there, but at least the chances of being murderised by stray clippings was not high.

Drank lots of wine before, during and after dinner, mainly to offset the disturbance from having a 4 year old in the house. A bl00dy noisy one.

Should have given the 4 year old the wine.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    edited March 2021
    Stevo_666 said:

Visitors arrived yesterday. They leave Saturday, which is almost-but-not-quite-soon-enough. But at least they were out all day amusing themselves, and again tomorrow.

Was going to dismantle small lean-to roof bit off the back of the shed, but wind decided to howl so that job was postponed. Didn't fancy sheets of roofing iron and 50 km/h wind combo bringing on death by decapitation disease.

Ripped out some shrubbery instead, which was a bigger than expected job but all done. Wind still not helping there, but at least the chances of being murderised by stray clippings was not high.

Drank lots of wine before, during and after dinner, mainly to offset the disturbance from having a 4 year old in the house. A bl00dy noisy one.

I can ask the Po Po to pop round and taser him if you want.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    edited March 2021
    Happened upon this view, earlier. Thought I’d capture it for future use in Cake Stop...

Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • MattFalle
    oxoman said:

Afternoon all. Shower completed, oxoteen caught out fibbing and snoring so currently hates me as only electronics allowed is school laptop. Local po po 👮‍♂️👮‍♂️ turned up and local uber eats etc now several vehicles short and I saw at least 2 arrested and dragged off. Serves them right for no insurance or whatever else was wrong. Just need to get someone to fìrebomb the golden arch shite hole.

Did the Po Po taser any one?

#pewpewschhhhrrrccchhhhharrrrrggghhh
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,164
    Ben6899 said:

Happened upon this view, earlier. Thought I’d capture it for future use in Cake Stop...

What's the context? Hopefully there's a pun in there somewhere - pancakes, cabers etc.

• Ben6899
    thistle_ said:

Ben6899 said:

What's the context? Hopefully there's a pun in there somewhere - pancakes, cabers etc.

Litter. I think.

Or they might have been expecting me.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,719
    No tasering or tossing of pancakes or things other round these parts.

But Good News. I got my replacement warranty wheel. Went into local branch of the H mob to check status before planning to drop the problem wheel into the backlog queue of LBS to fix. And lo my new wheel was there! Not a like for like and this one feels lighter. All a bit chaotic in store so I took my new wheel and promised to bring in the old one after I've stripped it down.

👍 Gloomy cold day has brightened up.
  • nibnob21
    nibnob21 Posts: 207
    elbowloh said:

pinno said:

nibnob21 said:

Up around 5 to walk the dog, disturbed sleep due to 4 month old sleeping in our bedroom. Been working in the office the whole of COVID but a rare day working from home today. Was hoping to get out on the bike at lunchtime to make up for the lost commute but don't really fancy hill climbs on the heavy winter bike...was hoping it would be clear enough for the dry weather bike. We'll see...

(What a bunch of sycophantic c*nts. Since when did this place become 'ooh ooh how do you do?')

[The following is customary]

Who the farq are you?!

What's the 'heavy winter bike' - Is it heavier than Hopkinb's main courses?

Grey. More toots schooling. This is getting tedious. They'll be back on the 15th apparently.
    When is the weather going to frikkin well warm up?
    Plus, good weather bikes don't melt in the cold/wet.
    Yes it's all been weirdly polite. Makes me suspicious.

And although my post count is low, I actually joined years ago so your welcomes are misplaced. Should I be welcoming some of you? Who knows, who cares. I'm well versed in forum life though, they're all the same. Took two seconds to see mattfalle pops up everywhere as 'the villain'. Every forum I've ever been on has a mattfalle. Misunderstood individuals who just want to be loved but they never quite learnt how to express themselves properly at school, so they turned to internet forums instead. It's ok Matt, you're safe here.

Weekly tests at work so I was fine on Monday if that's good enough to satisfy homers_double.

orraloon- My full name is Vincenzo Nibnobali, some say I'm his inspiration.

Heavy bike is a vintage Carlton racer which is currently used as a winter commuter. Weighs about 12kgs+ and doesn't have very many gears...fine for my flat commute...less fine for a lunchtime ride through the hills.

Never fear, I did take out my 'dry' bike at lunch and it appears to be in one piece still. Phew, for a moment I thought the humidity was a percent too high. Though I did have to dry the tyres after the ride with a hairdryer to stop them spontaneously dissolving overnight...this was just before I put it in a sleeping bag and kissed it goodnight (goodday?) in the garage. I'll probably wash it this weekend with snowfoam and a lambswool mitt even though it's already clean, right before I massage dragon tears into the chain...and my thighs.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 said:

Might have to use this, soon.
    Ben

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,446
    He’s got your number MF! 😂

I don’t think nibnob got the memo about not insulting BB stalwarts on your first day 🤔
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Ben6899
    seanoconn said:

I don’t think nibnob got the memo about not insulting BB stalwarts on your first day 🤔

He'll be de-kegged and have his canister flushed down the bog.
    Ben

• elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    seanoconn said:

He's here to drain the swamp.

MBRGA
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • MattFalle
    edited March 2021
    seanoconn said:

I saw that. friggincrowhat.

#speechless
  • nibnob21
    nibnob21 Posts: 207
    edited March 2021
    MattFalle said:

seanoconn said:

#speechless
    :D:*
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    MattFalle said:

seanoconn said:

#speechless
    Because he's right?

😉
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • MattFalle
    edited March 2021
    elbowloh said:

MattFalle said:

seanoconn said:

#speechless
    Because he's right?

😉
    no. shut up. 😎
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,570
    Stevo_666 said:

Was tempted, especially with a Mersyndol Forte dissolved in it. At least the dietary issue isn’t a problem - kid barely eats anything, very weird.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Wheelspinner
    MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

He’s transfixed by games on a phone. Perhaps software developers can add a remote parental control feature to have the phone taser the kid when needed. That’d be handy.

• MattFalle

MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

He’s transfixed by games on a phone. Perhaps software developers can add a remote parental control feature to have the phone taser the kid when needed. That’d be handy.

that'd be mad good fun. i'd chuck a fiver into a crowdfunder for that.
  • Wheelspinner
    pinno said:

Chinese saying: Fish and visitors have 1 thing in common - they both stink after 3 days.

Was going to dismantle small lean-to roof bit off the back of the shed

You're always dismantling or building something. When is it not going to be in a permanent state of flux>?

#badfungyshoo

This place was built by a bloke with *lots* of money, an aversion to spending it at times, too much spare time to fiddle about and an over-inflated opinion of his DIY capabilities.

That little roof bit is a perfect example. Leftover mismatched roofing sheets, different size timbers for rafters etc, posts in wrong places and the rainwater pipes made from all the offcuts glued together to make a bit long enough. He built it to add about 9 square metres of catchment area for the water tank, but given there’s already about 450 m2 of roof it’s not really necessary. And the run-off hits a concrete slab which is so badly poured it all slopes the wrong way and floods the small shed every time it rains. We’re having that ripped up too.

• Wheelspinner
    MattFalle said:

MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

Would solve a lot of discipline issues I reckon. 😀
  • MattFalle

MattFalle said:

MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

you could also have one where a hand comes out of the side and slaps the littleshit around the side of the head.

or two fingers come out of the top and jab them in the eyes.

now that would be worth a tenner.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,354
    Evening folks,
    Wfw today, lots of stupid to try and compensate for. Solved a couple of issues but found more. So is Nib the old newbie using sarcasm? Is that kind of thing allowed around these parts? Let's be honest, the more the merrier. Spinner if you'd timed the dismantling of the lash-to right the wind could have helped get rid of the visitors early. Would have been messy to clear up mind you.
  • Wheelspinner
    MattFalle said:

MattFalle said:

MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

you could also have one where a hand comes out of the side and slaps the littleshit around the side of the head.

or two fingers come out of the top and jab them in the eyes.

now that would be worth a tenner.
    Can’t be far off having 3D hologram effects in phone screens already. Not a big step to add some “feedback” functions, surely?

• johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    ‘Lo all. Been awol for a few days. Stressy times.

Last day of wfh, back to normal tomorrow. Giving up the will to live with marking coursework. Dodgy turbo trainer went back, do I spend the money that should be coming back my way on a less dodgy turbo or on some 50mm deep carbon wheels? Assuming I get the money back. Decisions decisions.

Good to see everyone still ticking along.
  • MattFalle
    johngti said:

‘Lo all. Been awol for a few days. Stressy times.

Last day of wfh, back to normal tomorrow. Giving up the will to live with marking coursework. Dodgy turbo trainer went back, do I spend the money that should be coming back my way on a less dodgy turbo or on some 50mm deep carbon wheels? Assuming I get the money back. Decisions decisions.

Good to see everyone still ticking along.

carbons and slam the stem while you're at it.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,419
    nibnob21 said:

elbowloh said:

pinno said:

nibnob21 said:

Up around 5 to walk the dog, disturbed sleep due to 4 month old sleeping in our bedroom. Been working in the office the whole of COVID but a rare day working from home today. Was hoping to get out on the bike at lunchtime to make up for the lost commute but don't really fancy hill climbs on the heavy winter bike...was hoping it would be clear enough for the dry weather bike. We'll see...

(What a bunch of sycophantic c*nts. Since when did this place become 'ooh ooh how do you do?')

[The following is customary]

Who the farq are you?!

What's the 'heavy winter bike' - Is it heavier than Hopkinb's main courses?

Grey. More toots schooling. This is getting tedious. They'll be back on the 15th apparently.
    When is the weather going to frikkin well warm up?
    Plus, good weather bikes don't melt in the cold/wet.
    Yes it's all been weirdly polite. Makes me suspicious.

And although my post count is low, I actually joined years ago so your welcomes are misplaced. Should I be welcoming some of you? Who knows, who cares. I'm well versed in forum life though, they're all the same. Took two seconds to see mattfalle pops up everywhere as 'the villain'. Every forum I've ever been on has a mattfalle. Misunderstood individuals who just want to be loved but they never quite learnt how to express themselves properly at school, so they turned to internet forums instead. It's ok Matt, you're safe here.

Weekly tests at work so I was fine on Monday if that's good enough to satisfy homers_double.

orraloon- My full name is Vincenzo Nibnobali, some say I'm his inspiration.

Heavy bike is a vintage Carlton racer which is currently used as a winter commuter. Weighs about 12kgs+ and doesn't have very many gears...fine for my flat commute...less fine for a lunchtime ride through the hills.

Never fear, I did take out my 'dry' bike at lunch and it appears to be in one piece still. Phew, for a moment I thought the humidity was a percent too high. Though I did have to dry the tyres after the ride with a hairdryer to stop them spontaneously dissolving overnight...this was just before I put it in a sleeping bag and kissed it goodnight (goodday?) in the garage. I'll probably wash it this weekend with snowfoam and a lambswool mitt even though it's already clean, right before I massage dragon tears into the chain...and my thighs.
    So it is heavier than Hoppy's main course (just).
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,164

MattFalle said:

MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

Can't be too hard to make a remote reboot/screen freeze app which would have 80% of the effect, but 80% less comedy value.