Monday, : Beware the ides of March

13»

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,331
    Afternoon folks,
    Busy day of wfw for a change. Managed to wobble in at least. Everything is fighting me, at least that's the way it feels. Time off with stress is beginning to seem like a good idea, I just had a word with my boss trying to explain why the system just isn't working. He is sympathetic but there's only so much he can do. Maybe I should hit the bottle. I'm actually drinking very little at the moment so will be a cheap date when the pubs open again.
    Yoga might be good, I've heard some of the online tutorial videos are very easy on the eye.
    Bunking off early to take the EPO to physio, I'll walk a few miles whilst she's in there. Through Surbubiton so I'd better look out for leprechauns.
    I do like that Gios Ben, it's a lovely thing.
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    A day of W_king from home, usual stuff. Still marking but little progress, loads to go so getting distracted by other more important stuff.....
    Could not find the old Vittoria Rubino pro3's anywhere and the newer ones are slower and more cash heavy, so toss up between lithion 3's @ £18 or or open paves @ £25.... paves won. Should now be able to get back out on the treader tomorrow :#
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,366
    There was no decision DHL - Pave's all the way.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,420

Afternoon folks,
    Busy day of wfw for a change. Managed to wobble in at least. Everything is fighting me, at least that's the way it feels. Time off with stress is beginning to seem like a good idea, I just had a word with my boss trying to explain why the system just isn't working. He is sympathetic but there's only so much he can do. Maybe I should hit the bottle. I'm actually drinking very little at the moment so will be a cheap date when the pubs open again.
    Yoga might be good, I've heard some of the online tutorial videos are very easy on the eye.
    Bunking off early to take the EPO to physio, I'll walk a few miles whilst she's in there. Through Surbubiton so I'd better look out for leprechauns.

Cool. I’ll buy you a tin of something from Sainsbury’s and we can hang out by the YMCA looking suitably disheveled. 👍
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078

A day of W_king from home, usual stuff. Still marking but little progress, loads to go so getting distracted by other more important stuff.....
    Could not find the old Vittoria Rubino pro3's anywhere and the newer ones are slower and more cash heavy, so toss up between lithion 3's @ £18 or or open paves @ £25.... paves won. Should now be able to get back out on the treader tomorrow :#

When you're not tossing yourself at home where do you do it?
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    pinno said:

seanoconn said:

itboffin said:

Taken the day off after another weekend of terrible sleep or rather lack of. Trying to find the motivation to go for a ride rather than back to bed

Why the lack of sleep? Resident alcofrolics might be able to help and therein lies the solution.
    FTFY.

On a serious note, it's your neck ITB?

Partly and party family problems, too much work, living alone boredom etc etc.

Anyway despite the cold wind I went out, 67 miles 3400 ft then treated myself tonight to a chicken biryani & nan bread
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • pinno
    itboffin said:

pinno said:

seanoconn said:

itboffin said:

Taken the day off after another weekend of terrible sleep or rather lack of. Trying to find the motivation to go for a ride rather than back to bed

Why the lack of sleep? Resident alcofrolics might be able to help and therein lies the solution.
    FTFY.

Anyway despite the cold wind I went out, 67 miles 3400 ft then treated myself tonight to a chicken biryani & nan bread
    Well, that should make yourself sleep.

I'll get seano to get you another woman.

• itboffin
    pinno said:

itboffin said:

pinno said:

seanoconn said:

itboffin said:

FTFY.

I bloody hope so, lack of sleep night after night for over a year i can now hear a pin drop and it would wake me up
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,560
    seanoconn said:

Afternoon folks,

Cool. I’ll buy you a tin of something from Sainsbury’s and we can hang out by the YMCA looking suitably disheveled. 👍
    It'd be like Eddie and Richie from 'Bottom'.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,154

Yoga with Adrian is the one that was recommended to me and the videos seem easy to follow compared to some of the other ones.
    https://youtu.be/YWzRE1BiAvw

• veronese68
    Sorry Seano, didn't see that until after I got back.
    Got sent on an errand to the M&S at tolworth, walked there and back from near the medical center to kill some time. Took a bit longer than expected as I was distracted by the beer selection. Bought some beer though.
  • veronese68
    itboffin said:

pinno said:

itboffin said:

pinno said:

seanoconn said:

itboffin said:

FTFY.

I bloody hope so, lack of sleep night after night for over a year i can now hear a pin drop and it would wake me up
    Sorry to hear that Boff. Would you like me to send a recording of me moaning about computer systems? I'm sure it'd be boring enough to send anyone to sleep.
  • itboffin

itboffin said:

pinno said:

itboffin said:

pinno said:

seanoconn said:

itboffin said:

FTFY.

Sorry to hear that Boff. Would you like me to send a recording of me moaning about computer systems? I'm sure it'd be boring enough to send anyone to sleep.
    Now i am actually tired but my stomach is super bloated so have to wait a bit longer FFS
  • veronese68
    edited March 2021
    Have a shot of grappa Biff, it'll dissolve the contents of your stomach and get rid of the bloating.
    Nice sunset as I wobbled home so I took 2 pictures so one might look the right way up.

Hmm, so how do people get their pictures pissed then?
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Had on, I took one over the back of the same sunset, let's see if that's p!ssed.

• hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Yep. P!ssed.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    hopkinb said:

Yep. P!ssed.

Thought you weren’t drinking? 😂
  • darkhairedlord
    elbowloh said:

When you're not tossing yourself at home where do you do it?
    With split rubber on the rear end, er...
  • darkhairedlord
    pinno said:

There was no decision DHL - Pave's all the way.

Forgot to order the inner tubes!
  • pinno

itboffin said:

pinno said:

itboffin said:

pinno said:

seanoconn said:

itboffin said:

FTFY.

Can't you just do one of your usual long posts?
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    itboffin said:

pinno said:

seanoconn said:

itboffin said:

FTFY.

Just given you kudos. Do you ever go east from where you are, towards Kings Somborne, Test Valley etc? I love that neck of the woods - often ride to the New Forest from Farnham (train from W'loo first) and head that way through Micheldever etc.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • itboffin
    Yes quite often with the club and usually at blistering pace if I go alone it’ll be at a much more enjoyable pace, I used to do the new forest pretty regularly but for me unless I drive it’s an 80 miles hilly round trip and these days I just don’t have that sort of time. I’ve done the test valley tour a few times and the new forest rattler as well as the iow audax
  • itboffin
    I’ve also ridden the magnificat more times than I can remember but the route has changed and it’s more westerly now
  • Ben6899
    itboffin said:

Yes quite often with the club and usually at blistering pace if I go alone it’ll be at a much more enjoyable pace, I used to do the new forest pretty regularly but for me unless I drive it’s an 80 miles hilly round trip and these days I just don’t have that sort of time. I’ve done the test valley tour a few times and the new forest rattler as well as the iow audax

I’ll have to look up the Test Valley Tour!
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
  • pinno
    Ben6899 said:

...often ride to the New Forest from Farnham (train from W'loo first) and head that way through Micheldever etc.

You have to get the train before you can pedal in the sticks?!
    (Bwahahahaha....)

That must make it a long day.

Joking aside, from Mid Kent (A272) all the way across to Salisbury and then up to Marlborough is quite a beautiful part of Engerland. Some lovely houses and leafy areas but my god, so over populated and so much bloody traffic.
    I couldn't imagine living in Sussex now.

• Ben6899
    edited March 2021
    pinno said:

Ben6899 said:

...often ride to the New Forest from Farnham (train from W'loo first) and head that way through Micheldever etc.

You have to get the train before you can pedal in the sticks?!
    (Bwahahahaha....)

That must make it a long day.

Joking aside, from Mid Kent (A272) all the way across to Salisbury and then up to Marlborough is quite a beautiful part of Engerland. Some lovely houses and leafy areas but my god, so over populated and so much bloody traffic.
    I couldn't imagine living in Sussex now.

It makes it a much shorter day and saves me riding through Uxbridge, Slough etc... roll down to Waterloo from North London (stop on Waterloo bridge for a sunrise photo), on the 0730 with breakfast. Then Farnham to the west side (usually) of the forest, usually for a week's holiday so I'll have Carradice attached.

PS. I can be in the sticks in about 30mins from our front door :smiley:
    Ben

• pinno
    Ben6899 said:

...sticks...

rofl

• pinno
    Someone mentioned Grappa.

Oh god, that stuff.