Getting into proper training

Right, I've been cycling for a while and used to train regularly. However unlike everyone else I didn't get much done last year with a lot of work on.
I'm time short in general, especially when the weather is good!
I've got a set of rollers ( with the front wheel off and the fork in a mount so no chance of falling off).
I've also got a fitbit.
In addition I've signed up for one of british cycling training peaks plans.
SOOOO how do I get everything linked up together, is it possible or is there a better, financially sound, way. I used to use a garmin with a chest strap but lost it while mtb ing, the fitbit doesn't seem to have a facility for live hr readout.
Many thanks and any comments welcome.

Comments

• imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Context is everything. Training is meaningless without a goal, a purpose or an objective in mind, so what exactly are you 'training' for?
  • colcol
    colcol Posts: 10
    Get fit, lose weight, ballooned to 17st from 15. Was able to do etape Caledonia in 5 hrs when I was 15 st so would like to get back to that level. Probably no sportive this year so plan to be able to do 80 mile ride by late July. And want to e 15st by the time I'm 50 in late September.
  • colcol
    Also I've got enough WiFi to run a tablet in the shed where the trainer is but i dont have a laptop
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    If weight loss is the objective, then training - in itself - is probably not the answer. Diet/calorie control is likely to be the best way to address that. Whatever cycling goals you have will compliment that, but it's not going to be the solution on its own.
  • colcol
    Yes I know that (said in the style of a sulky teenager ;))
    So I've started the diet but want to get fitter as well, need to fall in love with cycling again!
    Its been that bad recently I've even looking at e mtbs :o
  • Have you tried myfitnesspal its an app you can pop on your phone? I dropped from 105kg down to 83kg i used the app to help. I just set it up to lose a lb a week, and calorie counted everything i cut salt down and ate cleaner and it came off gradual.