Friday, Rotterdam, Amsterdam, who gives a dam !

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    pinno said:

Don't make it harder for him.

The pan should lift off it's mountings so that it 'sits' on the tiles.
    Use spacers, make sure the depth of adhesive is consistent.

+1
    Then if you ever replace the pan you won't have an odd shaped hole in the tiles to fill/cut out.
    Full layer of adhesive underneath so it can transfer the weight straight to the floor like P says.
    pinno said:

Here's Shorty's mural:

That's pretty good. Can't you get her to do something similar on your alcove?

• MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    TDV is just setting up the sewing machine so I can sew my underpants and bed shorts together.

Well, separately, but together if you know what I mean....
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078

Now writing up a covid RA for site visits because of some thicko H&S censored .

p.s, is anyone on here in H&S?

No, but when you spend 4 hrs filling , risk assessments , stupid questionnaires, site inductions, local plant inductions, to do a 25 minute , the majority of the job is H&S bullsh*t

Now, it shouldn't take 4 hours, but you should definitely have made a risk assessment of the work you're doing and be made aware of the rules of the place you're working and any hazards you may come across whilst doing your work. that is just common sense (let alone legal requirements). However, it sounds like its been incredibly over inflated!
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • elbowloh
    edited February 2021
    Thanks for the advice everyone. I have the spreader ooh err and i'll try to lift the pan up as instructed. I'll be you-tubing later.

as for the mural, here it is, along with mowgli

Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    MattFalle said:

TDV is just setting up the sewing machine so I can sew my underpants and bed shorts together.

Why not wear one or the other, not both? Or is there a danger of the mouse popping out of the house? Is this one of the MF's on his way to bed?

• hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    @pinno @elbowloh

Much applause. Lucky sprogs.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,089
    My niece did the mural of Winnie and Wilbur. Wish she hadn't been so hungover when she did it, it could be better.
    She's at Uni studying art in Edinbourg.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    thistle_ said:

That's pretty good. Can't you get her to do something similar on your alcove?

Yeah - of logs. Then when it is empty...

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    hopkinb said:

MattFalle said:

Why not wear one or the other, not both? Or is there a danger of the mouse popping out of the house? Is this one of the MF's on his way to bed?

Boys are out of the barracks
  • MattFalle
    hopkinb said:

MattFalle said:

they are worn separately as the soft smoothness of the bedshorts is too nice to block. Hawaiin flower bright red. They're lush.

Me pants needed stitching up because Little Matt felt uncomfortable being able to fall out. He was cold as well.
  • MattFalle
    pinno said:

My niece did the mural of Winnie and Wilbur. Wish she hadn't been so hungover when she did it, it could be better.
    She's at Uni studying art in Edinbourg.

Edinbourg? Sounds French.

Zut alors
  • MattFalle
    Oh - this arrived. £66. BARGAIN.

• MattFalle
    To go on these

• MattFalle

• pinno
    Luverly, luverly, luverly wheels.
    ...and then chuck any old cheep cassette on it.
  • elbowloh
    MattFalle said:

bbbbbut they're not deep rims!

C24? That's what i've got on my Felt.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • MattFalle
    elbowloh said:

MattFalle said:

bbbbbut they're not deep rims!

C24? That's what i've got on my Felt.
    yup but i didn't pay anything for them.

tbh, its more than likely that i'll take the hubs out for some deep rims as the hubs are blimmin' lovely but as we know, shallow rims and clincher are such a big no-no its unbelievable.
  • MattFalle
    pinno said:

Luverly, luverly, luverly wheels.
    ...and then chuck any old cheep cassette on it.

i like the front better as its only got about 9 spokes or something and is as light as.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Afternoon folks,
    Slowish start was enjoyed, not traditional considering its Friday.
    Had my arm jabbed, got the Pfizer one. Stopped by Waitrose to get some fancy food for the trouble. Might go for a walk but it's a little damp at the moment.
    Good muriels, once painted the kids room to make it as if they were in a spaceship with big windows, regretted that decision.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Got interrupted part way through writing my post so nearly missed the MFs wheel post, could have got Hunts 😁
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    MattFalle said:

Yes, but what rubber is going on them?

As an example I binned out my Vittoria's for some lovely tan wall panaracer/sonics yesterday.

No idea why the focus has gone wonky but you get the jist

• ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,930
    elbowloh said:

MattFalle said:

ciao

coffee now then a dump run thenhe a friend pick up some bits from Edwyn's then probably domestic stuff then a zwift or a weights sesh.

Not sure if that's a trip to the dump or to the toilet.
    Tbh I thought that BB had started to include reports of bowel movements as well as the weather when I read MF's post.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625

elbowloh said:

MattFalle said:

ciao

coffee now then a dump run thenhe a friend pick up some bits from Edwyn's then probably domestic stuff then a zwift or a weights sesh.

Tbh I thought that BB had started to include reports of bowel movements as well as the weather when I read MF's post.
    You’re using the BB weather app now too Bally? 😃 Gripping isn’t it!
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,605
    seanoconn said:

elbowloh said:

MattFalle said:

ciao

Entertain us then Seano :smile:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625

Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno said:

elbowloh said:

Nin'll, another day dragging out the decorating daughters bedroom. I was happy to just paint the walls but the treasury consultant insists the ceiling and woodwork all need doing too.

After spending 2 weekends painting a mural in the boys room, i'm now having to line, paint and tile the new under-stairs toilet. Pain in the @rse. I've never tiled anything in my life either.
    You'll need mosaic or you will never get the curvature around the pan.
    Don't make it harder for him.

The pan should lift off it's mountings so that it 'sits' on the tiles.
    Use spacers, make sure the depth of adhesive is consistent.

https://www.jewson.co.uk/p/vitrex-combination-spreader-filler-squeegee-120mm-THVTX329

One end (rake) gives you depth, the other is for grouting (rubber edge). Great for getting water off your car windows too.

Take your time. use a flat piece of wood and a spirit level to ensure you are staying level.
    A good quality tile cutter is priceless. I use either the Ryobi tile cutter or the electric tile cutter and sometimes... for fiddly bits (depending on the tile), an angle grinder.

pics of the Mural please.

Here's Shorty's mural:

I see, I thought he was going to tile the toilet itself. Obviously you wouldn't tile the floor around the toilet!
  • Ok, I missed the deadline, because reasons.

Was hot and windy. Should have been helping the builder but I can’t lift a cup of tea with left arm let alone 26kg retaining wall blocks at the mo’. Did manage to get up on roof and re-cap flue with a spare bucket tied down properly. The plastic bag and duct tape method hadn’t worked in high winds, sur-prise sur-bl00dy-prise.

Old mate is back in hospital after 4th stroke, cruelly on the day his first grandchild was born. 😢

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,930
    seanoconn said:

elbowloh said:

MattFalle said:

ciao

Yep, don't leave the house without checking the weather on here first and checking that all pooches have been exercised.
  • pinno
    edited February 2021
    step83 said:

MattFalle said:

Yes, but what rubber is going on them?

As an example I binned out my Vittoria's for some lovely tan wall panaracer/sonics yesterday.

No idea why the focus has gone wonky but you get the jist

You gave up on the Vittoria's?!

Well, you want to be fixing punctures.

...and now you can't get out of the front door.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,197
    Not good there WS re your mate. A 4th stroke! 😳 Got an end of days vibe there. Sad to hear.

"Life's a b1tch. Then you die" As I was informed at a rel early age. Did it stick?