How to analyse data from Bryton head unit

As per the title,

I have one of these and am pretty happy with it (now), but the software is pretty useless. In particular I'm unable to analyse particular segments of a ride e.g. an interval. Does anyone know if/how this can be done in their software? If not, is there another (free) way of doing it? I've got a training peaks account, but as I don't pay that option is not available to me. I've also got GoldenCheetah which would work but not sure how to get the data into it.

Anyone any ideas?

TIA.

B

Comments

• If you plug the device into your PC, can you not pull the .fit/.tcx file from the unit and upload that to something like GoldenCheetah? If you've recorded all your metrics (HR, Power etc.) then they should be included in the file and then the program should display it in a meaningful way.
  • mr.b-campag
    mr.b-campag Posts: 387
    Thanks fgl. The device isn't recognised when I plug it in. It would seem I don't have the correct serial port drivers. Unfortunately I'm no IT expert - I've tried a bit but haven't been able to work out which ones are required.
  • If I remember correctly, Bryton Bridge was the software I used with my old unit. This would allow you to pull the file from the device and then upload it to Strava etc. Mine also used to have a micro SD card so it would be recognised as a separate drive but things may have changed with them since those days!

https://www.brytonsport.com/index.html#/supportResult?tag=BrytonApp

• mr.b-campag
    Thanks again fgl. Unfortunately not so simple these days...
  • joem84
    joem84 Posts: 10
    edited March 2021
    Hi, I have the Bryton 320.
    I use the Bluetooth connection to sync with my phone which runs Bryton active (you can zoom in on data in the app as well). This is then synced to Strava which is synced to Golden cheetah on my pc.
  • mr.b-campag
    edited March 2021
    Thanks joem84, that might just be the soloution finally! Any pointers on how to do it would be welcome too! :D When I try and authorize from Golden Cheetah I get this message: 'Error retrieving access token, Socket operation timed out (4)'
  • joem84
    joem84 Posts: 10
    Try unauthorising golden cheetah on Strava and reauthorising. Try installing latest version of Golden cheetah, an older version had this problem when Strava changed things on their side last year.