Skin rash

Ok so I have been in contact with the doctor about this and have been prescribed a cream - but just wondered if anyone else had had similar.

Basically for about a month I've had itching and a rash - sometimes just red pin pricks, sometimes like the photo, occasionally small blisters in different areas. It started around the upper thigh and groin and I've been doing a lot of zwifting so thought it was some kind of "jock itch" caused by sweating and tried an over the counter cream but I'm now getting it on my torso, arms, just about anywhere.

I am a bit worried because my youngest brother had similar - at the start - and after a long time being given various creams he was diagnosed with a rare form of lymphoma and 2 bone marrow transplants later he died. His skin got really bad - like sunburn all over his body but by then it was effectively too late.
Doctor has said give the cream a couple of weeks and get back to him if no improvement.

[Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]

Comments

• DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,736
    Thanks - yes it is a thought - could try zwifting in normal cotton shorts
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Glad you had it checked out and sorry about your brother.

You've not changed washing detergent or anything have you?
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,416

Anything like this? I had cutaneous vasculitis last year. Had some cortisone cream and rest and it went in a week. No idea what caused it.

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• DeVlaeminck

Anything like this? I had cutaneous vasculitis last year. Had some cortisone cream and rest and it went in a week. No idea what caused it.

Yeah like that only not as bad - although more widespread. Hopefully it's just that - I'm sure odds are it is.
  • DeVlaeminck
    elbowloh said:

Glad you had it checked out and sorry about your brother.

You've not changed washing detergent or anything have you?

I've tried to think if it might be something like that. We use one of these no perfume dermatologically tested non bio products as my daughter suffers occasional eczema and I've given up washing my hair since Covid, I use the same shower gel I have for a while and generally try and avoid any chemically things like air fresheners, don't use fabric conditioner at all etc. I have got a new pillow which is memory foam might try ditching that for a week though my head is about the only bit of me not to itch at all in the last month.
  • joe2019
    joe2019 Posts: 1,338
    Last summer I had a rash appear for no known reason, and I was prescribed a cream by my GP.

The rash continued to spread, so I asked for antibiotics, which I got and it disappeared within a week, never to return.

• photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,416
    Do you suffer from any autoimmune problems? If so then I’d suggest vasculitis as I had.

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• jlloyd
    jlloyd Posts: 131
    Have you changed the washing powder/liquid you use lately? I used to get rashes from the biological stuff.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Dude

In all seriousness, it could be one of a billion things and no one on here would have a clue.

Go back and see you doctor asap if you are really worried about it.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,146
    I get spots on my back which sound like what you have but I think they're just spots.

Did you mention your brother to your GP? If there's history of something in the family I would think he'd send you off for a test ASAP although there might be a bit of a wait right now because the hospitals are a bit busy.
  • DeVlaeminck
    edited February 2021
    MattFalle said:

Dude

In all seriousness, it could be one of a billion things and no one on here would have a clue.

Go back and see you doctor asap if you are really worried about it.

Yes Ive seen him and got a few creams to apply so hopefully easily cured.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Coolio! It could be anything from allergic reaction to heat rash to dermatitus to anything. Weird bobbly skin stuff my daughter gets under her arm.

It all goes down to having someone look at it hands on knowing full patient history.

The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,300
    I once took one of the kids to see the doc about a rash, he gave it a fancy name that I could guess at the meaning from the latin origin being similar to Italian. I said you just called it a red rash in latin, he admitted it and said there are thousands of things that casue a rash and a handful have names, the rest get lumped under the umbrella term.
    But as the MFs say, and you have done, if you are worried get checked out. If you are still worried later, don't be afraid to go back and ask again.
  • DeVlaeminck
    Yeah the worry really was the way it went from being fairly localised for a few weeks to appearing on my forearms, chest, stomach, back, one hand, one foot in the space of a 3-4 days.

The creams - one steroid one antibiotic seem to have made it slightly better so hopefully that is a cure rather than just treating the symptoms of a deeper problem but it's better that it's working than not.
  • There is a skin rash associated with having had Covid.
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • DeVlaeminck
    Thanks, yes it does look like some of the internet pics of Covid rash so could be. Hopefully I'll never know.