Saturday, into the wilderness

Comments

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,416
    Pretty handy with the clippers myself. Been cutting both boys hair for the past year, one short the other long hair and have cut my own hair since the age of 21.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,549
    oxoman said:

Stevo, OH has just found out it will be another 8 wks before she can have hers cut. She will be suicidal by then. She won't let me near her with the clippers, I wonder why ever not. :D

Oxo, my two just let theirs grow and end up looking like Rapunzel. Just as well, as not sure I would find Strifey very attractive if she started rocking the 'Sigourney Weaver in Alien 3' look :)

I have noticed quite a few of my female colleagues becoming a bit more camera shy on teams calls latelythough...this could be the reason.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Pretty handy with the clippers myself. Been cutting both boys hair for the past year, one short the other long hair and have cut my own hair since the age of 21.

Its not too tricky apart from the bits at the back so will need some help from Stressbag. She isn't very good...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    Stevo_666 said:

oxoman said:

Stevo, OH has just found out it will be another 8 wks before she can have hers cut. She will be suicidal by then. She won't let me near her with the clippers, I wonder why ever not. :D

Oxo, my two just let theirs grow and end up looking like Rapunzel. Just as well, as not sure I would find Strifey very attractive if she started rocking the 'Sigourney Weaver in Alien 3' look :)

I have noticed quite a few of my female colleagues becoming a bit more camera shy on teams calls latelythough...this could be the reason.
    Not many girls can pull off the Sigourney aliens 3 look.

Sigourney Galaxy Quest is my favourite

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,556
    oxoman said:

What SG failed to mention was he only got the donuts at. the end of the day when stale. I remember going to repair stuff at local bakers when a young apprentice, I used to walk out with just filled warm donuts, yummy.

no way, i got them fresh and early, life is too short for stale doughnuts

some nights i strolled by the baker's about 4-ish, they'd have the doors open to let out the heat, i'd nip in and get a fresh crusty loaf from the cooling rack

noticed a rather fine pineapple-motif hawaiian shirt on mr porter, it's now mine, roll on summer
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,154
    Stevo_666 said:

oxoman said:

I don't think they like it when you record it and save it for later.
  • Freezing cold up here, wifey went for a run and I took all the plaster board off the bathroom walls ready for the remodelling.

Ride tomorrow.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    thistle_ said:

Stevo_666 said:

oxoman said:

I don't think they like it when you record it and save it for later.
    I might start telling people I'm recording the calls :)
  • thistle_
    Can't find the orgignal thread about GoPros or whatever.
    It's not as You've Been Framed as I remember:

• sungod
    thistle_ said:

Can't find the orgignal thread about GoPros or whatever.
    It's not as You've Been Framed as I remember:

demonstrating the bunny flop
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Its not too tricky apart from the bits at the back so will need some help from Stressbag. She isn't very good...
    been cutting my own for probs 25 years as well.

tbh, with a guard on, you can't go too wrong - just keep on going til no more comes off

if you hash it it'll grow back in a week anyway.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • Stevo_666
    MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

tbh, with a guard on, you can't go too wrong - just keep on going til no more comes off

True, hard even for a ham fisted git like me to mess up. Went for 2 on top and 1 back & sides.

Before

After

Then I can go out and pretend I'm in 40 Commando.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,693
    I thought a T-1000 could take any form it wanted to...?

So much standing water around. Went for the non-runner's brisk footfall this pm, several stretches of the route had to be waded. In trainers. Have a ride planned for tomorrow with #1 daughter, got postponed last weekend coz of da white stuff, now forecasting sub zero overnight. Mucho gloop and ice, 🤔
  • seanoconn
    Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

True, hard even for a ham fisted git like me to mess up. Went for 2 on top and 1 back & sides.

Before

After

Respect for posting that Stevo 👊🏻
  • Stevo_666
    orraloon said:

I thought a T-1000 could take any form it wanted to...?

Only things I sample by physical contact. So these days it's the wife, the fridge and some furniture. Not a great choice.
  • sungod
    one is for wimps, just shave it, that's commit----munt
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    2nd run was warmer but very wet

• tlw1
    Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Before

After

42 is the commando troop of choice / my brothers regiment
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,328
    Stevo's before is about the length of my after 🤣
  • Stevo_666
    sungod said:

I went for a 1/2 (1.5mm) all over when I did it back in May. Problem is when it all grows back the same length it looks daft. So tried to be clever and do different lengths. Just about worked...
  • Stevo_666

Stevo's before is about the length of my after 🤣

Yeah but you're a hippy :)
  • Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Before

After

CB was in 40 so they may have known each other.
  • tlw1
    Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Before

After

I must have missed that!
  • Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Before

After

I must have missed that!
    So did the whole of 40 Commando it would seem.
  • sungod
    Stevo_666 said:

sungod said:

I went for a 1/2 (1.5mm) all over when I did it back in May. Problem is when it all grows back the same length it looks daft. So tried to be clever and do different lengths. Just about worked...
    yeah, the 'growing back' look is tragic

i just redo every 2-3 days, use the same shaver on my face, makes it easy, mrs s likes my shaved psycho style, it brings out the inner me
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    I can't have my hair that short as I have a birthmark ony noggin.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • sungod
    elbowloh said:

I can't have my hair that short as I have a birthmark ony noggin.

is it a rude shape?

flaunt it
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Cue ball here. When I do my face I do my head.
    Why are blokes so self conscious about their hair? Nobody gives a flying one about your hair.
    Typical conversation

"Ey up Stevo, had your hair cut?
    "Yeah"
    "Need to get mine done, I suppose. My round, same again?"*

Moves on to talk about something else.

* When pubs were open.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Before

After

I must have missed that!
    So did the whole of 40 Commando it would seem.
    its because he was wearing camouflage, innit. they couldn't see him.

either that or he was off fighting drug dealing brothel owners. one of the two.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • thistle_
    Stevo_666 said:

sungod said:

You could just stick on a newcastle footy shirt, pretend you don't speak English and gesture at a barber until he gives you a top notch trim.