OnOne Pickenflick (Ti Frame)- Post Crash Frame alignment (Headtube)

2»

Comments

• elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    The overwhelming opinion here is that the bike is unfit to ride and downright dangerous to yourself and other road users.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    The other way of seeing what elbow has said is that its apileofshit that's going to get you dead disease of the face and teeth and whole body.

In.
    The.
    Bin.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    God Matt, next you'll be telling me the bike I had a 'small' crash on a while back is unsafe to ride ...

OP, listen to the advice everyone has given you. Don't risk riding that frame, it is dangerous and you will only find out just how dangerous when you're picking up your teeth off the road.

Don't take the risk. Just bin it and replace it.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    edited March 2021
    Holy sh1te, you’ve been riding that? With an actual crease in the down tube?

Honestly no point in checking it over after and before every ride because it will look exactly the same as in the photo. And then with a force in just slightly the wrong plane, that front triangle will fold in half and not even Peter Sagan would be able to keep it upright.

Please don’t ride it on anything other than a turbo.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • david37
    david37 Posts: 1,313
    I think you should ride it but with a cam on it and your face. I want to see the what happens next video :D
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    OP, please tell us you've not ridden a yard further on this thing.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Two possible reasons for the OP's silence... ;)
  • I can confirm you lot have put me off and hopefully saved me from a nasty accident.

I think I brushed the early comments off as they came across a bit brash and unreasoned but I can see plenty of people think it's a bad idea, and I too now see it is not worth the risk.

Like a previous member said... It's been in a frontal crash, been twisted back in various areas and now has a dent/crease. Despite this is does still feel solid but I suppose you just don't know.

I'll look to invest in a new frame a fork at some point.

Cheers for swaying me !
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Good to hear. I think the concern was that you seemed to be disregarding well-meant advice for no apparent reason. I do admit to being slightly baffled why you thought that would be ok to ride in the first place, but I would rather you received some harsh words on here, rather than some harsh words while you were laid up in hospital.
  • Light duty turbo bike?
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • MattFalle

Light duty turbo bike?

no. itsjustshit. strip all the bits off, chuck it in the bin and buy a cheap ali frame that actually fits him properly and put bits on that.

itsjustshit.
  • MattFalle said:

Light duty turbo bike?

no. itsjustshit. strip all the bits off, chuck it in the bin and buy a cheap ali frame that actually fits him properly and put bits on that.

itsjustshit.
    Don't worry Matt, I melted down the frame and built a rocket out of it that I'm going to launch into the sun tonight.

I'll send you the video link so you can watch and chant "itjustshit" dancing around your bedroom.
  • MattFalle

MattFalle said:

Light duty turbo bike?

itsjustshit.
    Don't worry Matt, I melted down the frame and built a rocket out of it that I'm going to launch into the sun tonight.

I'll send you the video link so you can watch and chant "itjustshit" dancing around your bedroom.
    that'll be groovy - thank you.

i'm on a late so it'll give me something to do while i chill out at home.