hopkinb said:

MattFalle said:

hopkinb said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

hopkinb said:

Stevo_666 said:

hopkinb said:

Optician. New car. Pick up frozen dog turds. Wfh. Calloo Callay! What frabjous day!

Post pic of the new tank - we've got a thread running where we share our car pics and so far there's nothing with battery power in it :smile:

C'est énorme.

Going to plug it in shortly.
    Very nice hop 👍 How will you charge it? Statistically speaking, the safest car you can buy I believe.
    Thats because it will just crush any other car it comes into contact with.
    It's light on its feet for a big car, but yes, it is huge.
    Don't you live in old London town where space is at a premium?
    Yes.

I wanted a fast premium hatchback, totally impractical, given 2 large children, camping holidays and a dog. She definitely did not want an estate. This is fast, big, and for most of our day to day driving will be on pure battery power, there's no congestion charge so I can hoon round central London, and my parking permit is peanuts as opposed to £300 for a diesel.

This is so big you don't need to care about lack of space, like Stevo says, you just drive over anything in your way.

We had only one incident with the last car, when Mrs H³ reversed into a tree. Teeny paint scratch.
    Why didn't the Mrs want an estate? That's as big as an estate I'm length innit. More girth though I reckon.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    elbowloh said:

hopkinb said:

MattFalle said:

hopkinb said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

hopkinb said:

Stevo_666 said:

hopkinb said:

Optician. New car. Pick up frozen dog turds. Wfh. Calloo Callay! What frabjous day!

Post pic of the new tank - we've got a thread running where we share our car pics and so far there's nothing with battery power in it :smile:

C'est énorme.

Very nice hop 👍 How will you charge it? Statistically speaking, the safest car you can buy I believe.
    Yes.

I wanted a fast premium hatchback, totally impractical, given 2 large children, camping holidays and a dog. She definitely did not want an estate. This is fast, big, and for most of our day to day driving will be on pure battery power, there's no congestion charge so I can hoon round central London, and my parking permit is peanuts as opposed to £300 for a diesel.

This is so big you don't need to care about lack of space, like Stevo says, you just drive over anything in your way.

We had only one incident with the last car, when Mrs H³ reversed into a tree. Teeny paint scratch.
    Why didn't the Mrs want an estate? That's as big as an estate I'm length innit. More girth though I reckon.
    I expect entirely down to image and "being above everyone else (except hgv drivers)".
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    edited January 2021
    So long as you can put your bikes inside that's the main thing, innit.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • MattFalle said:

More parts for the money pit...

what that be you?
    Its a part for the dyson. Although it could be used a love toy if youre up for it. Worse than an old jag...

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Evening folks,
    Busy day of wfw, didn't want to wobble in given the amount of ice around so having woken relatively early I decided to walk in. Stupid idea given a it's over 5 miles each way. Very nice in the park this morning at least. My feet hurt now.
    Someone in a big nee car should have collected me so I could stay 2 metres away to aid antisocial distancing.
    Well done on the bubbly research SG, fine work you're doing there.

• ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,930

MattFalle said:

what that be you?
    Its a part for the dyson. Although it could be used a love toy if youre up for it. Worse than an old jag...

Just to nicely link the posts on the thread.
    Back in the late 80s I had a 4.2 XJ6. Beautiful looking car. We then acquired a twin axle caravan which I attached. I could swear that I could see the fuel gauge moving going down the M5.
    It had 2 fuel tanks but could have done with 4.
  • MattFalle
    edited January 2021

MattFalle said:

what that be you?

aaah - got ya. The fabled Dyson build still ongoing?
  • MattFalle
    Just spent 2 1/2 hours on online application form for new job.

Computer didn't save it and have lost it all.

#aaarrrggghhhforfuck'ssake
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    MattFalle said:

I feel your pain. Been applying for jobs also. My contract runs out end of June and trying to get other things in-line in case it's not extended or I don't go permanent.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • hopkinb
    MattFalle said:

That sucks and blows.

Hope this helps in the reconstruction.

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,605
    elbowloh said:

hopkinb said:

MattFalle said:

hopkinb said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

hopkinb said:

Stevo_666 said:

hopkinb said:

C'est énorme.

Yes.

It's bigger than most estates. That said I don't let Mrs. 666 drive my estate, I'd like to keep it the same length as it is now. She has a 1l Polo, just to be safe >:)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    Stevo_666 said:

elbowloh said:

hopkinb said:

MattFalle said:

hopkinb said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

hopkinb said:

Stevo_666 said:

hopkinb said:

C'est énorme.

Yes.

It's bigger than most estates. That said I don't let Mrs. 666 drive my estate, I'd like to keep it the same length as it is now. She has a 1l Polo, just to be safe >:)
    I let my wife drive my car......
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    edited January 2021
    Physio sorted out my back after work, so I immediately went for a run in the snow/ice to mess it up again.
    New head torch came in handy for today's learning:
  • ballysmate
    Stevo_666 said:

elbowloh said:

hopkinb said:

MattFalle said:

hopkinb said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

hopkinb said:

Stevo_666 said:

hopkinb said:

C'est énorme.

Yes.

A polo? Did it start its life as a passat?
  • Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

elbowloh said:

hopkinb said:

MattFalle said:

hopkinb said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

hopkinb said:

Stevo_666 said:

hopkinb said:

C'est énorme.

Yes.

Time to buy her a 1l Polo?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    edited January 2021

Stevo_666 said:

elbowloh said:

hopkinb said:

MattFalle said:

hopkinb said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

hopkinb said:

Stevo_666 said:

hopkinb said:

C'est énorme.

Yes.

A polo? Did it start its life as a passat?
    Its Stropteen's car and the Mrs gets exclusive rights while junior is away at uni. I'd need a mortgage for the insurance on a Passat for Stropteen.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

elbowloh said:

hopkinb said:

MattFalle said:

hopkinb said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

hopkinb said:

Stevo_666 said:

hopkinb said:

C'est énorme.

Yes.

Or a hovercraft
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

elbowloh said:

hopkinb said:

MattFalle said:

hopkinb said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

hopkinb said:

Stevo_666 said:

hopkinb said:

C'est énorme.

Yes.

Or a hovercraft
    I'm tempted to to buy Strifey a broomstick. Flies like a hovercraft but a better image.
  • tlw1
    Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

elbowloh said:

hopkinb said:

MattFalle said:

hopkinb said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

hopkinb said:

Stevo_666 said:

hopkinb said:

C'est énorme.

Yes.

Joking aside the air intake in her abarth is at the top of the engine
  • hopkinb
    thistle_ said:

Physio sorted out my back after work, so I immediately went for a run in the snow/ice to mess it up again.

Graffiti like this makes me chortle unreasonably loud... who is Nathan? Did he really? Probably not. But still, he might have.
  • Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

elbowloh said:

hopkinb said:

MattFalle said:

hopkinb said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

hopkinb said:

Stevo_666 said:

hopkinb said:

C'est énorme.

Yes.

Joking aside the air intake in her abarth is at the top of the engine
    Maybe you should see just how deep a flood it can manage.
  • MattFalle said:

MattFalle said:

what that be you?

aaah - got ya. The fabled Dyson build still ongoing?
    Done. If it needs anymore parts its going instead skip.
  • ballysmate
    hopkinb said:

thistle_ said:

Graffiti like this makes me chortle unreasonably loud... who is Nathan? Did he really? Probably not. But still, he might have.

What does his mum look like?
    Was there not a forumite in Crudcatcher that used to get ribbed about his mum?
  • MattFalle
    hopkinb said:

MattFalle said:

That sucks and blows.

Hope this helps in the reconstruction.

mega :smiley:
  • tlw1
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

elbowloh said:

hopkinb said:

MattFalle said:

hopkinb said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

hopkinb said:

Stevo_666 said:

hopkinb said:

C'est énorme.

Yes.

Or a hovercraft
    😂
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217

hopkinb said:

thistle_ said:

Don't know, it wasn't the sort of area where you go round knocking on doors asking where to find Nathan's mum.
  • MattFalle
    Who was that young lad - around the time of Stickers thread - who used to cycle for hundreds of miles eating only bananas who allegedly had a fling with his own mother?
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    MattFalle said:

Who was that young lad - around the time of Stickers thread - who used to cycle for hundreds of miles eating only bananas who allegedly had a fling with his own mother?

Oh yeah, what was his name! Could produce an amazing amount of watts. That’s going to bug me.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • ballysmate

hopkinb said:

thistle_ said:

Was there not a forumite in Crudcatcher that used to get ribbed about his mum?
    GT Arrowhead?
  • MattFalle
    seanoconn said:

MattFalle said:

Oh yeah, what was his name! Could produce an amazing amount of watts. That’s going to bug me.
    That's your puppy. Student if I remember. Produced a billion brazilian watts. Would ride up hills in 53/11 or something.