monday from stettin in the baltic to trieste in the adriatic

Comments

• step83 said:

thistle_ said:

Absolutely gorgeous here right now, and I don't mean me :lol:
    Sun's out, blue skies, 3-4 inches of snow everywhere. Cleared the snow off the car in my shorts and T shirt and didn't feel cold at all.

step83 said:

WFH as ever supposed to have a new starter today so I have to look some way presentable apparently which is hassle for the 10 minute video call, not sure what I'm meant to do, guided tour of the house?

If you're careful with your webcam positioning, you only need to dress your top half.

That's a valid point, or just keep the shutter in the webcam shut claim I live in a cave with no power, just clunk some stones together an claim were cooking

Also, I still use a travel mug even though I'm not travelling 😂 purely as I forget to drink the coffee while working, thought I'd join in this coffee mug flashing frenzy. DHL, nice loaf by the way home made?

Yep, always homemade. 50/50 wholemeal and white.
  • More parts for the money pit...

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,459
    hopkinb said:

Optician. New car. Pick up frozen dog turds. Wfh. Calloo Callay! What frabjous day!

Post pic of the new tank - we've got a thread running where we share our car pics and so far there's nothing with battery power in it :smile:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    MattFalle said:

hopkinb said:

seanoconn said:

hopkinb said:

sungod said:

hopkinb said:

Optician. New car. Pick up frozen dog turds. Wfh. Calloo Callay! What frabjous day!

partially sighted man impaled by frozen turds in new car ice slick tragedy
    Genius!
    How did the turds freeze so quickly!? Did you leave last nights turds till this morning!? 😡
    There's about 10 days worth...

I was waiting for a heavy frost to firm them up...
    get one of those Black Widow catapults and catapult the frozen faeces at passing chavs.
    He should let the turds soften up a bit for a satisfying splat when they hit the tracksuited target.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,674
    Where's that heating engineer? Been waiting for the call back to arrange appt. Got it earlier this morning, see you in 1/2 hour, ok? Yeah, I'm here, no worries. Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock...
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Stevo_666 said:

hopkinb said:

Post pic of the new tank - we've got a thread running where we share our car pics and so far there's nothing with battery power in it :smile:

C'est énorme.

Going to plug it in shortly.
  • hopkinb
    It's also filthy, having been driven down from oop North on very salty roads.
  • hopkinb
    It's brilliant to have automatic transmission again. Waft.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644

More parts for the money pit...

what that be you?
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • MattFalle
    hopkinb said:

do you want an MF to track you down a peasant to clean it for you?
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,400
    hopkinb said:

Stevo_666 said:

hopkinb said:

C'est énorme.

Very nice hop 👍 How will you charge it? Statistically speaking, the safest car you can buy I believe.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • MattFalle
    hopkinb said:

Stevo_666 said:

hopkinb said:

C'est énorme.

merde - c'est grande. shiny though....
  • MattFalle
    Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

hopkinb said:

seanoconn said:

hopkinb said:

sungod said:

hopkinb said:

partially sighted man impaled by frozen turds in new car ice slick tragedy
    Genius!
    How did the turds freeze so quickly!? Did you leave last nights turds till this morning!? 😡
    There's about 10 days worth...

I was waiting for a heavy frost to firm them up...
    get one of those Black Widow catapults and catapult the frozen faeces at passing chavs.
    He should let the turds soften up a bit for a satisfying splat when they hit the tracksuited target.
    keep them solid and sharp and it'll be like being shot with a poo bullet.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    seanoconn said:

hopkinb said:

Stevo_666 said:

hopkinb said:

C'est énorme.

Very nice hop 👍 How will you charge it? Statistically speaking, the safest car you can buy I believe.
    Not for the pedestrians tripping over the cable run across the pathway.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

hopkinb said:

Stevo_666 said:

hopkinb said:

C'est énorme.

Thats because it will just crush any other car it comes into contact with.
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb said:

Stevo_666 said:

hopkinb said:

C'est énorme.

You could live in that. Or put a turret on it and terrorise the neighbourhood.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    hopkinb said:

Stevo_666 said:

hopkinb said:

C'est énorme.

Aaahhhh you aren’t number 60 as the white disco is opposite number.......

Nice motor
  • Stevo_666
    What I want to know is whether he got a complementary pair of open toed sandals and a beard trimmer with the car.
  • Stevo_666
    MattFalle said:

hopkinb said:

do you want an MF to track you down a peasant to clean it for you?
    No need, Seano and Veronese both live closeby.
  • hopkinb
    seanoconn said:

hopkinb said:

Stevo_666 said:

hopkinb said:

C'est énorme.

Mixture of street charging and home charging. My next-door neighbour has a dropped kerb and a hard standing out the front that is never used, so I'm going to get a charging point on my external wall, she says I'm welcome to use her "driveway". If she sells up, there's street charging within 500m.
  • hopkinb
    elbowloh said:

seanoconn said:

hopkinb said:

Stevo_666 said:

hopkinb said:

C'est énorme.

Not for the pedestrians tripping over the cable run across the pathway.
    Have 2 options before I am forced to do that!
  • hopkinb
    Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

hopkinb said:

Stevo_666 said:

hopkinb said:

C'est énorme.

It's light on its feet for a big car, but yes, it is huge.
  • hopkinb
    Stevo_666 said:

hopkinb said:

Stevo_666 said:

hopkinb said:

C'est énorme.

You could live in that. Or put a turret on it and terrorise the neighbourhood.
    Aye, I'll probably do both!
  • hopkinb
    Stevo_666 said:

What I want to know is whether he got a complementary pair of open toed sandals and a beard trimmer with the car.

Already have a beard trimmer, never worn sandals. I just filled it up with the "special" unleaded. Will see how long the tank lasts - if it's using petrol, I suspect I will actually be able to see the gauge move when I put my foot down.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    hopkinb said:

Stevo_666 said:

Already have a beard trimmer, never worn sandals. I just filled it up with the "special" unleaded. Will see how long the tank lasts - if it's using petrol, I suspect I will actually be able to see the gauge move when I put my foot down.
    My previous plug-in hybrid (BMW330e) has much smaller petrol tank than a regular 330 and i had to fill up really fecking often. Range was like 200-250 miles. Ridiculous.

Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb said:

Stevo_666 said:

Probably not long as it weighs as much as a small planet. (Mine drinks 'super' faster than tlw drinks Westons Vintage and its about 600kg lighter than yours).

Shall we do a sweepstake on how long it takes Mrs. H3 to put a scratch or a dent on it? o:)
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,400
    hopkinb said:

Stevo_666 said:

What’s the quoted mpg?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • MattFalle
    hopkinb said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

hopkinb said:

Stevo_666 said:

hopkinb said:

C'est énorme.

Don't you live in old London town where space is at a premium?
  • hopkinb
    seanoconn said:

hopkinb said:

Stevo_666 said:

What’s the quoted mpg?
    31-100...
  • hopkinb
    MattFalle said:

hopkinb said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

hopkinb said:

Stevo_666 said:

hopkinb said:

C'est énorme.

Don't you live in old London town where space is at a premium?
    Yes.

I wanted a fast premium hatchback, totally impractical, given 2 large children, camping holidays and a dog. She definitely did not want an estate. This is fast, big, and for most of our day to day driving will be on pure battery power, there's no congestion charge so I can hoon round central London, and my parking permit is peanuts as opposed to £300 for a diesel.

This is so big you don't need to care about lack of space, like Stevo says, you just drive over anything in your way.

We had only one incident with the last car, when Mrs H³ reversed into a tree. Teeny paint scratch.