sunday now, where's that jar of thorium hydroxide?

13»

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,538
    thistle_ said:

MattFalle said:

including going back to uni. At 47.

#gulp

You'll love fresher's week :smiley:
    If MF gets a pound for every time he gets told to '****off, grandad' he'll be rich I tell ya :p
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    MattFalle said:

elbowloh said:

MattFalle said:

Thank you guys - much appreciated. V nervous but its a long term plan - I have to leave current role in 7 years and being 55 far too young to retire (mentally and self respect) so new role would give an additional 10 years working.

Don't think I'll get it but hey, nothing ventured and all that.

#carpediem

You can get your pension though then?
    Yup so would be pension on top of civvie salary - its what I always say to youngsters: sign up, do your 24, get out at mid 40s with full service pay off and pension and do a job you want to do, not one you have to do.

If I stayed in until I'm 55 I'll have a 17/18 year pension but who - apart from B&Q - is going to employ an institutionalised 55 year old?

This way I get out with a 12 year pension, slide into Reservist service in senior role, get new civvie career.

If it works out .......
    Don't limit yourself MF. There's also Wickes, Homebase etc.

Seriously, good luck with the plan dude.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

elbowloh said:

MattFalle said:

Thank you guys - much appreciated. V nervous but its a long term plan - I have to leave current role in 7 years and being 55 far too young to retire (mentally and self respect) so new role would give an additional 10 years working.

Don't think I'll get it but hey, nothing ventured and all that.

#carpediem

You can get your pension though then?
    Yup so would be pension on top of civvie salary - its what I always say to youngsters: sign up, do your 24, get out at mid 40s with full service pay off and pension and do a job you want to do, not one you have to do.

If I stayed in until I'm 55 I'll have a 17/18 year pension but who - apart from B&Q - is going to employ an institutionalised 55 year old?

This way I get out with a 12 year pension, slide into Reservist service in senior role, get new civvie career.

If it works out .......
    There must be a B&Q not that far from you, surely? :smile:

Although I've heard a lot of ex-military types end up in recruitment, so the alternative is to go and work with Richard.

Still not keen on B&Q?
    on that argument sign me up for an orange apron and black polo shirt. :smile::smiley:
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    thistle_ said:

MattFalle said:

#gulp

i can feel the three day hangover already....

tbh, it'll be weird to be at university without the prime aim to get as drunk and laid as possible and to actually study properly.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,872
    MattFalle said:

thistle_ said:

MattFalle said:

#gulp

i can feel the three day hangover already....

tbh, it'll be weird to be at university without the prime aim to get as drunk and laid as possible and to actually study properly.
    What’s the point if you aren’t doing that?

Good luck