The Pet Thread

Comments

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,414
    webboo said:

Itโ€™s as simple as working out which is the top on your iPad.

Spot the cat competition, I like it! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
    Pinno, ืžืœืš ืื™ื“ื™ื•ื˜ ื•ื—ืจื ืžื›ื•ื ืื™
  • webboo said:

I wonder if this one is upside down.

No, but still not how I'd store tea cups.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087

webboo said:

I wonder if this one is upside down.

No, but still not how I'd store tea cups.
    Itโ€™s actually a dolls house everythingโ€™s glued in place including the cat.
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 17,920
    MattFalle said:

MattFalle said:

She is a gun dog.

What did you expect?

Amico, I thought you were better than this? This is the sort ofshit Rick would do.

I expected exactly was has happened... as I said, it was never my idea... any purchase that is not cycling related is never my idea... some turn out to be good ideas (like the log burner we purchased in 2020 and we now use every day) others turn out to be stupid ideas (like the gun dog).
    I had no choice, I argued with my wife for 2 years, prior to the events... eventually I had to give up... in many ways, I am quite pleased it ended fairly quickly and with no harm to the dog... who is certainly happier in the woods in Shropshire than it ever was in suburbia.
    BTW: I am not alone and not even in a minority, when it comes to getting dogs for the wrong reasons. My neighbour has a dog that never gets taken for a walk... often abandoned for 12 hours at a time...
    The point I was trying to make is that a flat tax on the purchase of puppies from private breeders could go some way towards reducing ownership and emissions.
    errrr - how would this tax be enforced out of interest?

its the same as saying you want to tax people who sell 2nd hand bicycle parts.

and what emissions?

All commercial dog breeders should be licenced, so there would be a way to tax sales, as they are already 'on the books'. After all, they managed to bring in a registration scheme for the millions of sheep in the UK, so dogs should be easy enough. No registration, no sale. Given the cost/value of dogs these days, it's not unreasonable.
  • webboo
    edited December 2022
    Smarty the cat makes his move to claim the dogs bed.
  • masjer
    masjer Posts: 2,564
    edited December 2022
    Do they get more intelligent with age? Just caught her getting stuck into To Kill a Mocking Bird.

• webboo
    edited December 2022
    She doesnโ€™t look too impressed that you interrupted her reading. Does she think that to kill a mockingbird is book on how to hunt for birds.
  • masjer
    webboo said:

She doesnโ€™t look too impressed that you interrupted her reading. Does she think that to kill a mockingbird is book on how to hunt for birds.

She didn't even bother finishing it!
  • webboo
    Cats donโ€™t they just think they know everything.
  • masjer
    Of Mice and Men next...
  • webboo
    Ratatouille afterwards.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,687
    This fella decided to roll in some foxsh*t and then pop in looking for cuddles. Part cat part Labrador. Bath time resulted in some flesh wounds.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,582
    Took my monster for a 13 mile hike in the Beacons today. He got a bit excited when we saw some wild ponies and decided it was playtime. I had him on an anti-shock lead attached to a canicross belt so brace against the pull but he pulled so hard the stitching broke on the clip that connected the lead to the carabiner on the belt. Before I knew it he was having a whale of a time playing chase with two ponies across the mountain top. The ponies aimed a few kicks at him and luckily came back towards me instead of running for miles in the opposite direction and he then happily came back when I called him. No harm done to him or the ponies - I need to get a heavier duty lead as that one from Pets at Home was obviously shite.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,525
    Ours decided it was too much effort to go anywhere.

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • briantrumpet
    Pross said:

Took my monster for a 13 mile hike in the Beacons today. He got a bit excited when we saw some wild ponies and decided it was playtime. I had him on an anti-shock lead attached to a canicross belt so brace against the pull but he pulled so hard the stitching broke on the clip that connected the lead to the carabiner on the belt. Before I knew it he was having a whale of a time playing chase with two ponies across the mountain top. The ponies aimed a few kicks at him and luckily came back towards me instead of running for miles in the opposite direction and he then happily came back when I called him. No harm done to him or the ponies - I need to get a heavier duty lead as that one from Pets at Home was obviously shite.

That's the stuff of nightmares... thank goodness no harm was done and that he came back. It's heartbreaking seeing the stories of dogs that haven't come back in similar circumstances, or dogs who have just got lost/spooked.
  • focuszing723
    focuszing723 Posts: 7,203
    edited December 2022

I would like to hear a bit more talk in the way of dog nappies to be honest. The feckless owners can sort the $h1t out at home, instead of it being all over my shoes.

Angry!
  • webboo
    You could Elon one of those, he could put on his head and the world would have less sh!t in it.
  • briantrumpet
    webboo said:

You could Elon one of those, he could put on his head and the world would have less sh!t in it.

Solar-powered nappies are the way to go, obvs.
  • A solar powered machine to get the dog $h1t off my shoes would be handy. The feckless owners could do the right thing and put nappies on them of course.

When people aren't looking they don't pick it up anway and when they do make a vacant attempt at it half of it left on the ground anyway.
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 14,638

webboo said:

Solar-powered nappies are the way to go, obvs.
    Elon would invent a self walking dog pod, that would take the dog and all the shit with it.
  • webboo
    Just where do you live. Some horrendous urban waste land where dogs and people run wild.
  • Look, you all know I'm right.

Dog Nappies!

Do the right thing!
  • webboo
    Look I think you need to ride your bike a bit more.
  • webboo said:

Look I think you need to ride your bike a bit more.

I shouldn't have to ride a bike just to avoid the inevitable shoe caked in dog faeces. Why should the inconvenience be imposed on my good self and other responsible people?
  • webboo
    Chill salty. I will meet you on Saturday at Beverley band stand and we can go for a chilled bike ride and you can tell me all your troubles. Tell me what time to meet.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644

A solar powered machine to get the dog $h1t off my shoes would be handy. The feckless owners could do the right thing and put nappies on them of course.

When people aren't looking they don't pick it up anway and when they do make a vacant attempt at it half of it left on the ground anyway.

just point out what dog did it and Ugo will eat it for you.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    MattFalle said:

A solar powered machine to get the dog $h1t off my shoes would be handy. The feckless owners could do the right thing and put nappies on them of course.

that'll learn it proper.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,582
    MattFalle said:

Eat the dog or its turd?
  • So, how many people have put in orders for dog nappies yet?

• masjer

So, how many people have put in orders for dog nappies yet?

I have, and I don't even own a dog.