sunday death don't have no mercy in this land, i have less

2»

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,870
    orraloon said:

oxoman said:

Sorry SG I've mainly seen white ones.

Seen a few Teslas, including red but often seem to be nondescript grey sorts of colours, need to look twice to detect is a Tesla.

What I haven't seen though is CargoBike's Tesla. He seems to have gone v quiet since being asked to pony up.
    😂
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    edited January 2021

Nice pic Step, nice bike too.
    Fixed one thing then got off my aris' and went for a walk. Lots of people in the park as expected so I tried to stay off the main routes when possible. Nice view of the city from the Richmond side

Why can't morons leave the deer in peace, they have to try and get as close as possible which ends up disturbing them

DHL's beach walk looks rather more tranquil

Cheers V

Haha, deer harassing reminds me, probably a couple years back someone tried to get really close to a Red in the deer park near here. Needless to say that went very badly for them as it was rutting season.
    People kicked off saying they should be culled etc, thankfully sense prevailed an nothing happened.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,324
    Rutting season is great fun, I've seen a big stag chasing a photographer in Bushy Park. Why the twonk got too close when he had such a long lens I couldn't tell you.
  • Evening entertainment in the DHL household.

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,689
    You are R2D2 and ICMFP
  • Yep, every dyson model is a step down in terms of reliability and durability from its predecessor. Poor cable wire routing for the brushbar hasxjedxto it wearing through and shorting out. New cable assembly and new pcb. Just repaired the change over hose. Loads of bits replaced during the warranty, never buying one of these ever again, probably get a sebo instead.
  • orraloon
    Ditch the consumer keerep. Get a Sealey wet and dry industrial, £100 or less depending on model and retailer. Powerful as, and last a loooong time. Just replaced one, last ran for 10 years, only changed as suffered a plastic fracture somewhere internally so leaking air hence vac pressure reduced.
  • Mrs DHL insists on an upright or i would buy a Henry. Next one will probably be a sebo. Certainly don't want a shark as spares are non existent..
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,515
    I'm not responsible for hoovers in our house :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644

Mrs DHL insists on an upright or i would buy a Henry. Next one will probably be a sebo. Certainly don't want a shark as spares are non existent..

Henry all the way. Bombproof and sucks like a very contented sucky thing.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • step83
    orraloon said:

Ditch the consumer keerep. Get a Sealey wet and dry industrial, £100 or less depending on model and retailer. Powerful as, and last a loooong time. Just replaced one, last ran for 10 years, only changed as suffered a plastic fracture somewhere internally so leaking air hence vac pressure reduced.

Think my shop vac is similar just branded Draper. Gets so much abuse sucking up gravel, wood chunks etc it still runs fine.
  • orraloon
    Bit of a domestic flavah goin' down 'ere. However, just for comparison:

Sealey PC195SD, 20 litre, 1200W, 5.5kg, list £102 (though I got it online for £74 inc del)
    Henry Henry / Hetty 6 litre, 620W, 7.5kg, list £140.
    Henry Xtra 9 litre, 620W, 8kg, list £160

Though the Sealey doesn't have those luvverly smiley face graphics, well worth more money for less effectiveness and more weight to lug about.

(This is a non work work day and I'm bored. Can you tell?)
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Feck. We've just bought a rechargable Dyson V7 handheld thingy for £200.

It's done alright so far (mainly for stairs and landing, which is the only place we have carpets, and to do the car.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • step83
    orraloon said:

Bit of a domestic flavah goin' down 'ere. However, just for comparison:

Sealey PC195SD, 20 litre, 1200W, 5.5kg, list £102 (though I got it online for £74 inc del)
    Henry Henry / Hetty 6 litre, 620W, 7.5kg, list £140.
    Henry Xtra 9 litre, 620W, 8kg, list £160

Though the Sealey doesn't have those luvverly smiley face graphics, well worth more money for less effectiveness and more weight to lug about.

(This is a non work work day and I'm bored. Can you tell?)

Aha,

Draper 06489 Wet & Dry 10L 1000W £70 ish
    Dyson Ball Animal 1400W (bye bye curtains) Cant remember the price paid.
    When the OH moved in she bought one of those little rechargeable Dysons, does OK on light stuff, have to roll out the big boy for proper cleaning though.

Couple of quid for goggly eyes an a sharpie an you can make them look like Henry's though.
  • veronese68
    orraloon said:

That's very close to the trade price we would buy it for, assuming VAT is included in of course.
  • Hard times have befallen BBers when it comes to discussing womens tools on the internet.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    BBers got kicked out of Mumsnet
  • orraloon

Hard times have befallen BBers when it comes to discussing womens tools on the internet.

Oo-er missus.

V68. Yes, VAT included. Was from Rapid Electronics, had not used before, good service, prompt delivery.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644

BBers got kicked out of Mumsnet

MF understands that Mumsnetters are now talking about lab coats, norks and bicycles.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.