wednesday's emptiness spoke eloquent

13»

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,347
    oxoman said:

Omelette consumed, pigs in blankets chopped up, peppers,mushrooms, tomato,Turkey,chilli flakes, special sauce,cheese and a lot of chucky eggs. Currently working through several cold beers.

I'll bet you'll be farting for England the morra.
    Maybe even for Europe - it's your last chance, take it.

Oi oi @seanoconn

You been flagging posts again. Bad boy, naughty. Ha ha.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,407
    pinno said:

oxoman said:

Omelette consumed, pigs in blankets chopped up, peppers,mushrooms, tomato,Turkey,chilli flakes, special sauce,cheese and a lot of chucky eggs. Currently working through several cold beers.

I'll bet you'll be farting for England the morra.
    Maybe even for Europe - it's your last chance, take it.

Oi oi @seanoconn

You been flagging posts again. Bad boy, naughty. Ha ha.
    Where the f@rk have you been!? You live with 3 women in the middle of nowhere. What possible excuse can you have! Missus is back now, time is limited.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,347
    Oh heck. Family stuff, reading with Tricky.

Shorty is very moody today. Had to rectify that (terribly).
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Risotto is the food of the gods.

Home made stock. Dark chicken for preference. Bit of bone marrow and saffron for alla milanese to go with osso bucco. A few chopped rehydrated porcini in at the beginning, finish with some fresh mushrooms sautéed in butter, garlic and parsley. Fish stock and finish with fried prawns or scallops, stir through some peas. Wild garlic in spring, asparagus in early summer, pea and mint in summer.

18 mins stirring. Mantecatura (no cheese if fish stock). Sit with lid on for 3 mins. Beat. Serve immediately in warm bowls.

I had a pear and blue cheese risotto in a piazza in Arezzo once. Lovely, but not sure I could repeat at home.

Risotto.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,149
    orraloon said:

#yeahfuckinweirdoisme

I'm an old git who cooks a lot. Is only this year that I discovered, via a brief dalliance with HelloFresh (young lady at door got her commission, I hope)

I gave hello fresh a go (had a voucher for a free one).
    Stuff was nice but I found even the "quick" stuff took over an hour to prepare and cook which is ok in the holidays but no use when I'm working, plus it seemed to make an unholy mess.

I've kept the recipe cards though, which I reckon can be simplified quite a bit and I can make for a fraction of the price/time/mess in the future.

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,870
    Just left the pub for the last time in a while 😢
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,504
    tlw1 said:

https://youtu.be/T5C4meGkNyc
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,149
    tlw1 said:

Is the one in your garden shut too?
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,870
    thistle_ said:

tlw1 said:

Is the one in your garden shut too?
    😂 nope