'ning

currently raining, again

later, cooler, ridier, more

avoid plague zombies, bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, not a bad morning dry wind dropped , dog walked coffee in mug, ride early
    Have a good day
  • 'ning.
    Enjoyable ride ridden.
    Always helps when it's predominantly downhill.
    Big bowl of porridge being consumed as I type.
    Staff in from 7am, so time to peruse while getting my thoughts in order.
    Another day of carnage beckons.
    Keep safe and spare a thought for those less fortunate.
    You get out of life what you put into it.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,149
    Unexpectedly pouring down at the moment so CBA going for an early bike ride.
    Maybe some zwift later.
  • Cargobike said:

'ning.
    Enjoyable ride ridden.
    Always helps when it's predominantly downhill.
    Big bowl of porridge being consumed as I type.
    Staff in from 7am, so time to peruse while getting my thoughts in order.
    Another day of carnage beckons.
    Keep safe and spare a thought for those less fortunate.
    You get out of life what you put into it.

Thanks for the motivation, I'll just have another half hour in bed before cooking the bacon and eggs.
  • Thanks for the motivation, I'll just have another half hour in bed before cooking the bacon and eggs.

That's me right now, doing my Nigella Lawson bit, cooking bacon, egg and sausage cobs for the troops.

• MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Ciao

Just sitting in the kitchen waiting for coffee to be ready then out on the bike into the valleys - its wet here but doesn't look like too much - if any - wind so should be ok.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,341
    Dry and sunny here but a tad windy.
    ...2 out of 3 ain't bad.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,407
    The joys of Covid testing this morning. Boy is having a tooth out under general anaesthetic Wednesday so I need to be there to hold him down and apologise for his behaviour. Lovely lovely boy but really doesn’t enjoy hospitals!
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,318
    edited December 2020
    Morning folks,
    Traditional slow start is being enjoyed. Need to go and see the old dear to read some financial stuff and get her to sign forms. The thing is I was allowed in the house under support bubble rules, but now my nephew is there am I not allowed in any more? I suspect I'll have to go in at some point to fix something. Main thing is she's happy to have some company.
    Other than that, pottering and trying to keep the EPO sane. Think I'm fighting a losing battle on that last point.

ETA: good luck with the lad Seano
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    seanoconn said:

The joys of Covid testing this morning. Boy is having a tooth out under general anaesthetic Wednesday so I need to be there to hold him down and apologise for his behaviour. Lovely lovely boy but really doesn’t enjoy hospitals!

Who does?
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • elbowloh
    I hope to do feck all today apart from edit some photos.

The wife wants me to do stuff around the house, but it's Sunday and it's (almost) Christmas, so sod that.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • What's a "scret"?

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • veronese68

What's a "scret"?

Nobody knows because it's a secret, at least that's what they told me.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,547

What's a "scret"?

it's just a temporary thing
  • MattFalle
    Well, that was wet.

#dripping
  • elbowloh
    MattFalle said:

Well, that was wet.

#dripping

Need some bread?
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    edited December 2020
    I found a two-wheeled contraption in the shed in my front garden. If you sit on what looks like a very uncomfortable piece of plastic, then press on some levers with your feet, a chain turns the rear of the two wheels, via some sort of primitive spring-loaded gearing device, propelling said contraption along the road.

For some reason I felt compelled to squeeze myself into some very tight clothing I found in my cupboard, and take the contraption for a spin.

To my surprise, several others were undertaking the same activity on similar machines, at various speeds, and greatly differing levels of competence. Even some immodest women.

I don't think it will catch on, I ended up a fat sweaty mess after an hour or so, and now feel the need to lie down and moan about my sore legs. Though maybe regular repetition will accustom my aging body to the use of the machine.

Do any of you possess such a thing?
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,407
    hopkinb said:

I found a two-wheeled contraption in the shed in my front garden. If you sit on what looks like a very uncomfortable piece of plastic, then press on some levers with your feet, a chain turns the rear of the two wheels, via some sort of primitive spring-loaded gearing device, propelling said contraption along the road.

For some reason I felt compelled to squeeze myself into some very tight clothing I found in my cupboard, and take the contraption for a spin.

To my surprise, several others were undertaking the same activity on similar machines, at various speeds, and greatly differing levels of competence. Even some immodest women.

I don't think it will catch on, I ended up a fat sweaty mess after an hour or so, and now feel the need to lie down and moan about my sore legs. Though maybe regular repetition will accustom my aging body to the use of the machine.

😂 😂 Id like twice if I could.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • MattFalle
    elbowloh said:

MattFalle said:

Well, that was wet.

#dripping

Need some bread?
    Just a nice warm towelling robe and some confy slippers please plus coffee and crumpets borne to me by TDKBOMB

#TDKBOMB
    #Sigh
    #She'sbleedin'wonderful
  • Been out for a little ride this morning. I actually went further and longer than first planned, once I got over the initial ‘my legs don’t wanna do this’ The roads were dry where the sun had done its thing but still wet in other places with soggy leaves ready to catch the unwary. But no mud! Thank goodness, pleased about that. Passed the pubs without stopping as not open due to T3 :/

I’m a bit miffed though, I use the RidewithGPS app on my phone to record my rides. It has or rather HAD a little camera icon on the main page which enabled you to take a quick picture of whatever without any more faffing about than taking your phone out, opening it and tapping the camera icon – take picture, done. There must have been an update, cos its gone. Now there’s two useless icons, ‘metrics’ and ‘tools’ – no camera! (not even in tools) You have to quit the ride and goto the phones camera, what a faff! Not happy!

Bath – Sunday roast – beer :)
  • thistle_

I’m a bit miffed though, I use the RidewithGPS app on my phone to record my rides. It has or rather HAD a little camera icon on the main page which enabled you to take a quick picture of whatever without any more faffing about than taking your phone out, opening it and tapping the camera icon – take picture, done.

On my phones (work and personal) I press the munu button twice and the phone wakes up and goes into camera mode.
    Press the volume key (or the on screen button) to take the picture, then press the power button to go back into standby.

I assumed it was standard on all android phones, but I think some of them don't have physical buttons any more.
  • elbowloh
    edited December 2020
    Going through last week's pics, here's a pic of a seal i took at Winterton beach last week

Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,685
    ^ Nice.

Just in ahead of the fading light. Enticed #1 Daughter to do her longest bike ride ever. Good one, early night for her I reckon.

Stayed dry and not too much underwheel gloop. Sunny as well. Which caused me some issues in the last hour, low sun and glare head on. Need some better polarising shades. Oi, Santa...
  • veronese68
    Made it to the old dear's and back on the CX bike, wrist a bit sore but only locked up a couple of times so that's good.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,495
    hopkinb said:

I've heard of such a machine, but it could well be a myth or legend. Does anyone have any photos to prove it?

Busy day considering were in lockdown. Not helped by the fact that Mrs. 666 panicking about us possibly have mice in the house. Cue trip to the shops to buy some traps.

Apart from that, uneventful. One more day working tomorrow. Decided I CBA to go into the office tomorrow so will finish up 2020 working from home.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,341
    orraloon said:

^Need some better polarising shades. Oi, Santa...

Bolle do polarized one's, £27.
    They're good.
    hopkinb said:

Even some immodest women.

Wasn't that alone worth the effort?

I, on the other hand clocked 3 things:
    1. This very day on the 20th of December 1987 was my very first club run. It was a soggy affair. I'll never forget it. It was magic and I spent most of it trying to copy what I thought was daft pedalling cadences. Took in most of that route today.
    2. I clocked up an imperial half century, massive squirmabout but to be fair to the weather gods, they washed a lot of the mud away.
    3. Clocked a number of brand new lakes.

Sod bloody crud catchers. I haven't the heart to put them on;

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • thistle_
    pinno said:

Looks like your chainstays and chainset did a good stand in job.

• pinno said:

orraloon said:

They're good.
    hopkinb said:

1. This very day on the 20th of December 1987 was my very first club run. It was a soggy affair. I'll never forget it. It was magic and I spent most of it trying to copy what I thought was daft pedalling cadences. Took in most of that route today.
    2. I clocked up an imperial half century, massive squirmabout but to be fair to the weather gods, they washed a lot of the mud away.

At least put it in the big ring for the photo..
  • pinno said:

orraloon said:

They're good.
    hopkinb said:

At least put it in the big ring for the photo..
    What? That’d put wear marks on otherwise pristine, unused teeth...
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,547
    looks a bit small for a big ring

sur la plaque!