PRO team kit

MattFalle
MattFalle Posts: 11,644
edited December 2020 in Road general
As times are changing, is it ok to wear PRO team kit? Even for bambini? Is it any worse/better that wearing, say, that Marmite or London Pride stuff you see in the sales bin?

What do people think? Has anyone on here ever said anything to anyone?

Is it any different to wearing club kit?

Discuss.
The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.

Comments

• pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,803
    I think if you care then you've changed.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,620
    Are you considering a full Ineos outfit?
  • pblakeney
    mrb123 said:

Are you considering a full Ineos outfit?

Must admit to liking the kit.
    I prefer a bit of a collar though so that's a get out.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • So long as it's not baked beans or marmite 'hate jams' you're good to go.

London a-z is borderline.

Skeleton I'm not sure on the age cut off.
  • cryoman1965
    cryoman1965 Posts: 183
    edited December 2020
    Is it ok to wear Full Bianchi kit with Bianchi bike.

• webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    When my daughter had learnt to ride and wanted go on rides I bought her a Mapei kit. Shorts, jersey, cap and track mitts. After she had gone to bed we found her fast a sleep in the full kit, she was six at the time.
    Worth every penny.
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    Wear what you want if you like it, it has nothing to do with anyone else.
    There are loads of pro kit, club kit, cheap kit and expensive kit wearers in the country where I live and nobody gives a fig.
  • MattFalle
    pblakeney said:

Oh no - MF doesn't care one jot: he'll wear whatever he wants and hang a sheep if anyone moans about it.

He was just thinking if their was still that daft mentality of people who thought that unless you "earned it" you can't wear it.
  • pblakeney
    MattFalle said:

pblakeney said:

He was just thinking if their was still that daft mentality of people who thought that unless you "earned it" you can't wear it.
    Probably.
    But I don't care. Quite possibly more of an incentive to do so.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    I think it's fine to wear a team jersey, especially if it's the jersey of your favourite team. No different to wearing a jersey of your favourite team in other sports.

Plus some of the pro team jerseys are really nice and if you have nice kit it makes you want to ride more!
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    I have some team Belkin bibs, but that's only because when the team closed down they were on sale on the Belkin website for £6.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • MattFalle
    elbowloh said:

I have some team Belkin bibs, but that's only because when the team closed down they were on sale on the Belkin website for £6.

MF has a Belkin aero top for extra the same reason and its one of the nicest fitting tops he has ever owned. Cost something like £7.

#bargain
    #TDKBOMBinanaerotop
  • I have the tights. £8 i think
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,592
    edited December 2020
    Nope where whatever you like - I have JLT Condor kit & Mitchelton Scott kit by the bucketload, including several unworn items from the pro riders, that they sell off cheapish.

My 7 year old likes Frog Sky bikes (Purely because she likes the colours), so is about to get her 4th bike, and 2nd Sky bike, so I have bought her a couple of suitable kiddies jerseys, which she loves - downside is she now likes Rapha :# And when I bought her a perfectly acceptable Altura jersey she noted the difference in quality!

She also remarked on the Cannondale EF jerseys, so I dare say she will be after one of those in due course.

I also bought her a gorgeous Rapha Canyon Sram jersey in the sale - 24" wheeled bike is her Christmas present (I just need to fettle it, fit a new saddle and handlebar grips) so hoping for some longer rides this coming year - no more towing!
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • People can put on whatever they want. It's a free country...

However, personally I think non-pro riders look absolute spoons with full Pro team kit advertisement boards on for so many reasons I can't be arsed to mention.
  • Oh please do elaborate.
  • MattFalle
    yes, please do.

This is the whole crux/point of this thread: to get different people's opinions and to discuss.

#discussion
  • Is it ok to wear Full Bianchi kit with Bianchi bike.

It is if you’re wearing Bianchi Owners Club U.K. kit ( of which you’re a member) with a Bianchi bike, yes.
  • MattFalle
    What if, like MF, you have been given brand new Bianchi kit but don't have a Bianchi.

Cannot it be worn?
  • MattFalle

Is it ok to wear Full Bianchi kit with Bianchi bike.

It is if you’re wearing Bianchi Owners Club U.K. kit ( of which you’re a member) with a Bianchi bike, yes.
    Otherwise what? Yay or nay?

#discussion
  • MattFalle
    webboo said:

When my daughter had learnt to ride and wanted go on rides I bought her a Mapei kit. Shorts, jersey, cap and track mitts. After she had gone to bed we found her fast a sleep in the full kit, she was six at the time.
    Worth every penny.

And this ladies and gents, is what its all about.

post of the year.

#mfmustbecomemorecynical
  • what about cycling in full yellow jersey and matching kit while carrying a cuddly lion toy under one arm
  • Highly recommended.

The harder you try with your kit the better. Why not get dressed up? Helps motivate
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Does it really matter what you wear? , I don’t think so,your out on your bike enjoying life
  • 50x11
    50x11 Posts: 408
    Wear what you want when you want.

I got given some old One pro stuff and it's up there with the best kit I've worn, love the shorts.

Cycling exchange currently have every bit of Sunweb kit going very cheap.
  • I started cycling 20 years ago, was invited to join a bit of a chaingang for an evening ride. I turned up in a 'Lotto/Movistar' jersey. After 5 mins of 'Who do you think you are' etc, I thanked them for such a warm welcome and told them to F off. Joined a club where no one cared what you wore and we all cycled. I still have a bunch of team jerseys' and no one bats an eye lid. We wear what is comfortable. Plough your own furrow...!
  • 50x11
    50x11 Posts: 408

I started cycling 20 years ago, was invited to join a bit of a chaingang for an evening ride. I turned up in a 'Lotto/Movistar' jersey. After 5 mins of 'Who do you think you are' etc, I thanked them for such a warm welcome and told them to F off. Joined a club where no one cared what you wore and we all cycled. I still have a bunch of team jerseys' and no one bats an eye lid. We wear what is comfortable. Plough your own furrow...!

Very similar, my first ever ride with a club when I got my first ever road bike, I wore a Sky jersey, they told me to not come back until I got another jersey. Club with a real attitude.
  • Back when I was younger I remember waiting for the Saturday chaingang to set off. We had a lot of triathletes who came along. One rider was approaching, wearing full Banesto kit. As he got closer one of them said "fanboy's even got the bike!".
    We knew it was Jeremy Hunt, they didn't know he was paid to wear it. He used to ride in the SW development squad with a couple of the lads.
    Let's just say the first village sign sprint was interesting!
  • MattFalle
    edited December 2020
    MF remembers years ago when MF first moved to a new area and a local clubbie asked him if wanted to join the club on a clubbie ride with a bunch of clubbies.

MF turned up and there were about 40 clubbies in matching hideous clubbie kit including one other new dude - MF and new dude didn't know any of the clubbies.

After about 3 hours of no one talking to either MF or the other dude (or indeed, in the case of some of the clubbies, even to each other), middle fingers were shown to the clubbies and MF and new dude went off on their own leaving the clubbies to their own clubbie seriousness.

#bunchoftwats

• elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    edited December 2020
    MattFalle said:

MF remembers years ago when MF first moved to a new area and a local clubbie asked him if wanted to join the club on a clubbie ride with a bunch of clubbies.

MF turned up and there were about 40 clubbies in matching hideous clubbie kit including one other new dude - MF and new dude didn't know any of the clubbies.

After about 3 hours of no one talking to either MF or the other dude (or indeed, in the case of some of the clubbies, even to each other), middle fingers were shown to the clubbies and MF and new dude went off on their own leaving the clubbies to their own clubbie seriousness.

#bunchoftwats

How soon from then till you proposed?

#beautifullovestory
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk