thursday has 96 tiers

'ning

safely back south of euston road, a trail of empty bubbly bottles in our wake, hic

ride, coffee outside cafe, wfh a bit, bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• 'ning
    Yesterdays CBA was a prelude to 9 hours sleep as soon as I made it through the door yesterday evening.
    Up at 4am this morning and raring to go.
    Although damp out, no rain, so expecting to throw a leg over the steed shortly and have an enjoyable commute into work. Might take the long route in for added impact.
    Another day of wfw, then dinner with the OH later (yes, it's confirmed, we are back together again).
    Enjoy your day, whatever you are doing.
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    edited December 2020
    Morning, dark ,damp, windy, shed roof to refelt at day light, cycling later .
    Have a good day
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,870
    Christmas ride with a pal, options are a few substantial meals or blast round and just go to the local
  • Commute ridden, now scavenging around the works kitchen for food.

Bl**dy starving.

Is it too early for pizza?

Yes I know, not very vegan, but sometimes needs must :lol:
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Ciao

At work, only bod in the office as people now isolating with The Plague. Intend on doing next to bugger all, perhaps even less than bugger all.

The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • We kept our Daughter home from school as a few of her year year group have been self isolating or have got 'rona; we don't want her having to self isolate over the 23rd-27th. In other news I can confirm the chair is holding up after my repairs.
  • tlw1

We kept our Daughter home from school as a few of her year year group have been self isolating or have got 'rona; we don't want her having to self isolate over the 23rd-27th. In other news I can confirm the chair is holding up after my repairs.

Wait until after the Christmas chocolates before boasting
  • I thought I was coming down with something yesterday, dry cough and our temperature zapper read 37.5 degrees... Turns out I'm getting a sniffle of a normal cold.
    Ran like the wind down one long road last night, and still got passed like I was standing still.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,324
    Morning folks,
    WFH today, the only one this week. In to the orifice for a bit tomorrow before going to Brum to bring the lad back to civilisation.
    Certainly feels like there are too many tierdrops. The fact that you can go for a haircut but not sit in a pub garden seems wrong. It's pretty obvious which one I consider more important even though the barnet is getting to the point where gravity might overcome it's desire to be free.
    Lots to do and little desire to do any of it. Listening to strange Christmas songs on Spotify at the moment, have to sort out a playlist. I recommend Santa Claus is Coming to Town by Joseph Spence. It's not Mariah bloody Carey that's for sure.
    Should go for a run at lunchtime, I suspect HD's experience of being passed will be a feature for me as well. I should probably fuel up on mince pies first.
  • Morning folks,
    WFH today, the only one this week. In to the orifice for a bit tomorrow before going to Brum to bring the lad back to civilisation.
    Certainly feels like there are too many tierdrops. The fact that you can go for a haircut but not sit in a pub garden seems wrong. It's pretty obvious which one I consider more important even though the barnet is getting to the point where gravity might overcome it's desire to be free.
    Lots to do and little desire to do any of it. Listening to strange Christmas songs on Spotify at the moment, have to sort out a playlist. I recommend Santa Claus is Coming to Town by Joseph Spence. It's not Mariah bloody Carey that's for sure.
    Should go for a run at lunchtime, I suspect HD's experience of being passed will be a feature for me as well. I should probably fuel up on mince pies first.

here here!
  • My last split was a 4.53m/km compared to my usual snail like pace of 6.30/km, god knows what the other guy was running at.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • oxoman said:

To bloody cold for a pub garden, unless its got patio heaters and blankets.

If my local oasis was open, I’d be down there this afternoon, that’s for sure. The word there is if, its not open cos we’re in tier 3 – so that’s that! :'( I wouldn’t stay long after dark though, it does get a bit nippy when the current bun disappears below the horizon
  • Just watched MH's statement to the commons and we're still grounded. TBH I'm not that fussed as I said to MrsHD this morning, it's not going to be very festive going to the pub for a few beers without friends and having drinks handed to you like you're in a cage isn't much fun either.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,515
    If only the pubs were open. Got a fair bit to do but have to endure 2 hours of virtual office Xmas party this afternoon which I really CBA with.

Lunchtime soon.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,410
    Stevo_666 said:

If only the pubs were open. Got a fair bit to do but have to endure 2 hours of virtual office Xmas party this afternoon which I really CBA with.

Lunchtime soon.

There’s a joke in there somewhere about how you’re going to get off with the fit girl at the virtual Xmas party but I don’t have the brain power today, sorry 😔
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • MattFalle
    Tbh I quite fancy a couple of ales and some piggy feet in front of a fire at the local but that ain’t happening.....

So bored I can’t even be bothered shopping for bike bits.
  • tlw1

My last split was a 4.53m/km compared to my usual snail like pace of 6.30/km, god knows what the other guy was running at.

Was he running in miles? 😂
  • tlw1
    MattFalle said:

Tbh I quite fancy a couple of ales and some piggy feet in front of a fire at the local but that ain’t happening.....

Willing to hold a virtual pub where I live stream my drinking in the local if that helps?
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,689
    That's banjaxed next Tuesday's planned drinkies (with substantial meal) with friends as Berkshire gone into T3 land. Bugrit. Oxfordshire still "free-er" but, need a place with outside seating, heat, decent beer variety and accessible by public transport. 50:50 on the oh to hell with it, stay home.

"We wanna be free, we wanna be free to do what we wanna do
    And we wanna get loaded and we wanna have a good time"
  • MattFalle
    tlw1 said:

MattFalle said:

Willing to hold a virtual pub where I live stream my drinking in the local if that helps?
    As tempting as that is, we’ll pass. Thank you anyway.

#vicariousboozing
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

Lunchtime soon.

There’s a joke in there somewhere about how you’re going to get off with the fit girl at the virtual Xmas party but I don’t have the brain power today, sorry 😔
    Waddaya mean, 'today'? :)

Although it has been a long time since I 'porked the payroll' >:)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Morning folks,

I was going to get my hair cut today but will wait until after Christmas. Avoid all risk, dont fuckupchristmas.
  • oxoman said:

Christ, you sprinting hd, I'm extremely happy doing 8 or so especially over 5k plus. Anything less than 5k doesn't count as a run for me. In my current state I'd be lucky to run 10 or 11 even if I tried.

That's definitely not sprint pace, I'm the slowest of all the people I run with, even the wife!

I've been struggling with pains in my legs of late, seems like most of my runs start uphill and buggers them up. Change of tactic yesterday and ran a loop in revers and I felt much better. I think I need to warm up for longer before hitting any gradient.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    WFH after being off monday-wednesday. Couldn't access my emails until about 12.00 due to IT issues ffs.

Went to Norfolk for a few days for our annual trip to see the seals at Blakeney Point and Horsey Gap.

Came home to find the in-laws have both tested positive for 'rona and won't be coming to ours for Christmas. They both seem to be ok at the moment. They didn't display classic symptoms i.e. no fever.

Also came home to find the builders who were putting on our downstairs toilet haven't finished and are still here now and probably tomorrow also. They also lost one of our cats. We found her under the floorboards.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,149
    edited December 2020
    'Noon

Forecast was scorchio so went and did the trail run I didn't manage to do on Saturday. Of course as soon as I got to the turnaround point the sun vanished and it was cold, wet and rainy all the way back.
    oxoman said:

Christ, you sprinting hd, I'm extremely happy doing 8 or so especially over 5k plus.

That makes me feel better doing 7.1 m/km today :smile: some of the paths wouldn't look out of place on takeshi's castle.
    tlw1 said:

MattFalle said:

Do it and see how long it takes the rozzers to come round because someone's complained about a pub not serving food with the beer.
    Stevo_666 said:

We've had 2 weeks worth of virtual christmas events. Thankfully they've been optional.
    Cargobike said:

Bl**dy starving.

Is it too early for pizza?

Yes I know, not very vegan, but sometimes needs must :lol:

You can get vegan pizza you know?
    Dominos will take the cheese off for you and let you swap it for something else like extra meat.
    You could order online and send one of your minions to fetch it.

• tlw1

oxoman said:

Christ, you sprinting hd, I'm extremely happy doing 8 or so especially over 5k plus. Anything less than 5k doesn't count as a run for me. In my current state I'd be lucky to run 10 or 11 even if I tried.

That's definitely not sprint pace, I'm the slowest of all the people I run with, even the wife!

I've been struggling with pains in my legs of late, seems like most of my runs start uphill and buggers them up. Change of tactic yesterday and ran a loop in revers and I felt much better. I think I need to warm up for longer before hitting any gradient.
    Sounds like you need the ultra running mentality - walk those hills
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,149
    tlw1 said:

oxoman said:

I've only recently figured that out :smiley:
  • You can get vegan pizza you know?
    Dominos will take the cheese off for you and let you swap it for something else like extra meat.
    You could order online and send one of your minions to fetch it.

Vegan pizza?
    Swap the cheese out for meat?
    Hmmm.......
    CB sends the minions out to deliver parcels, not pick up his grub.
    Anyway, there weren't any pizza shops open at 7.30am.
    Had to make do with boring porridge in the end.

• tlw1

tlw1 said:

oxoman said:

I've only recently figured that out :smiley:
    Makes a massive difference
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

We've had 2 weeks worth of virtual christmas events. Thankfully they've been optional.

Ours is still going and were onto some ferkin stupid Xmas games. Got bored so turned the camera/mic off and posted on here instead.