The reoccurring irritation known as Thursday

Comments

• Day of not much. Dog walked, although she's getting old and slows up pretty quick now. Went for a drive but weather not that amenable - roof down and light showers not a great combination.

Finished some bike fettling tasks on return, then given it was still blowing a gale I took the lazy option of a turbo ride in the shed.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,549
    hopkinb said:

sungod said:

cafe done, smidge of wfh, due to attack of extreme laziness called personal shopper to get me some trousers, it's still only thursday

rain continues, a constitutional cafe stroll for something iberian involving garlic is called for

The highlighted part - how does that conversation go?

"Jeeves?"

"Yes sir?"

"Fetch me some new bags, for I find I am afflicted with ennui"

"Sir?"

"You have my measurements, chop chop, I shall expect them after luncheon"

"Yes sir, of course sir".

Is SG actually Batman? Could explain the mysterious nature of his job...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Busy morning spent on bloody Teams calls. The auditors are being irritating as well, think a tactical nuke may be needed. But I'll grab lunch first.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Got a nice meal incoming this evening from a local chef who's doing private catering as we're in tier 3.
    Had one in Lockdown1 which was excellent.
    Will involve a rather nice wine we brought back from a local vineyard in Italy as well as some fizz.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    edited December 2020
    MattFalle said:

hopkinb said:

MattFalle said:

As an aside, it it just us or does the new Defender look like a Kia Soul that’s been enlarged on the photocopier.

Just googled it. Its like a boxy range rover. I just ordered a mahoosive XC90 plug in hybrid, despite negative rumblings from others here. Will get that in late January.

Sitting watching the rain fall and catching up on some work.
    did you get it in black with black windows and wides and spinners so you can go all gangsta?
    Still got the same car MF? You could go Gangsta quite easily.
  • hopkinb said:

MattFalle said:

hopkinb said:

MattFalle said:

As an aside, it it just us or does the new Defender look like a Kia Soul that’s been enlarged on the photocopier.

Just googled it. Its like a boxy range rover. I just ordered a mahoosive XC90 plug in hybrid, despite negative rumblings from others here. Will get that in late January.

did you get it in black with black windows and wides and spinners so you can go all gangsta?
    It's certainly black. Pretty sure no volvo can ever be called gangster though.
    Safe though. I believe there was some stat that no-one has ever died in an accident while riding in an XC90. Although volvo reliability has dipped over recent years, so it could be they are all on ramps at the garage awaiting parts.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644

Got a nice meal incoming this evening from a local chef who's doing private catering as we're in tier 3.
    Will involve a rather nice wine we brought back from a local vineyard in Italy as well as some fizz.

what ya havin'?
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,556
    hopkinb said:

sungod said:

cafe done, smidge of wfh, due to attack of extreme laziness called personal shopper to get me some trousers, it's still only thursday

rain continues, a constitutional cafe stroll for something iberian involving garlic is called for

The highlighted part - how does that conversation go?

"Jeeves?"

"Yes sir?"

"Fetch me some new bags, for I find I am afflicted with ennui"

"Sir?"

"You have my measurements, chop chop, I shall expect them after luncheon"

"Yes sir, of course sir".
    yep, especially the ennui, though they will arrive monday :smiley:

btw jeeves is lady
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • MattFalle
    Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

hopkinb said:

MattFalle said:

Still got the same car MF? You could go Gangsta quite easily.
    Yup - still Honda Anaconda with newly added scratches and maybe a ding here or there for me but TDV has got rid of the Merc amd now has an M4 Beemer. Black with black windows and leather black interior.

The Beemer is a lot, lot nicer to drive - more planted, solid, all really nice - but if you compare the AMG to M spec the AMG wins: little things here and there.

Overall though, in this class and price range I'd go Beemer.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,154
    edited December 2020

orraloon said:

pinno said:

Ours will go up on the 18th

Solidarity comrade 👍 I have several neighbours who seem to be competing in the how many lights can I stick all over my house? challenge. 2 of them, directly across from each other, have the lights on in the mornings 😳

Slow start after yesterday's heavy work day, dismal wet outside. To venture to the gym via a haircut, both necessary. Followed by hiding from the weather.
    We have our lights on in the morning too; It makes a bit more pleasant for those walking to school or work in dark. Bring cheer to one and all!
    Saved tripping over plant pots etc. on the way to/from work as well #dark #notenoughcarrots
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,416
    MattFalle said:

Ciao ragazzi

Utterly honking, see, out there. Wind, rain, cold. Currently in the gym deciding what mega music to play.

Today will be chilllllled I feel.

Is that ‘the’ yoss I mean MF? Say something only the real MF would know?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    Rain stops play. Do I have a lot of pictures to mark? 😫
  • seanoconn
    What’s an email notification? Was I wanted?
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,154
    MattFalle said:

elbowloh said:

Need to get my office in the man-cave sorted out asap.

Office will never work in a cave mate - generally the wrong shape, too damp and a nightmare to fit any ‘leccy. The internet signal just will be rubbish as well.
    This one looked OK, cave wise: https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/74279583#/

• seanoconn
    hopkinb said:

MattFalle said:

Cool hop 👍 One of the safest cars around. So you’ll be fine when I run your fat @rse off the road.
  • MattFalle
    edited December 2020
    seanoconn said:

MattFalle said:

Ciao ragazzi

Utterly honking, see, out there. Wind, rain, cold. Currently in the gym deciding what mega music to play.

errr spinergy spinergy Dirk lab coat TDNFNATN Bromwyn@edwyns.co.cyrmu lab coat labcoat

of course its bloody us. as above, its time to get the team back together, see.
  • MattFalle
    edited December 2020

MattFalle said:

elbowloh said:

Need to get my office in the man-cave sorted out asap.

Office will never work in a cave mate - generally the wrong shape, too damp and a nightmare to fit any ‘leccy. The internet signal just will be rubbish as well.
    This one looked OK, cave wise: https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/74279583#/

Froncy. Home of the aqueduct and Edwyn's water production and bottling centre.

lush, see.
  • seanoconn
    MattFalle said:

seanoconn said:

MattFalle said:

Ciao ragazzi

errr spinergy spinergy Dirk lab coat TDNFNATN Bromwyn@edwyns.co.cyrmu lab coat labcoat
    It’s himself alright! 😃
  • MattFalle
    edited December 2020
    seanoconn said:

MattFalle said:

seanoconn said:

MattFalle said:

Ciao ragazzi

It’s himself alright! 😃
    G'day. How ya doin'?

By the way, have ypu seen TDNFNATN now she's cut all her hair off?

#deepsighoflove

pukka lush.
  • seanoconn
    The delectable something something something.....

Give me a min....

Nope, it’s gone.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Good to see @MattFalle back with his deep section carbon wheels, multiple personalities and setting fire to stuff before throwing it over the fence into nextdoor.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078

Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    seanoconn said:

Give me a min....

Nope, it’s gone.

Nina from nina and the neurons.

• MattFalle said:

Got a nice meal incoming this evening from a local chef who's doing private catering as we're in tier 3.

what ya havin'?
    Hoisin duck in oriental steamed rolls, followed by seabass and gubbins and yet undisclosed dessert.

Wine will be a very nice Mazer, courtesy of Nino Negri up in the Valtellina Vally, North East of Lake Como.

https://www.vinicum.com/it/i-vini/mazer-valtellina-superiore-docg-66192-06.html
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • seanoconn
    hopkinb said:

seanoconn said:

Give me a min....

Nope, it’s gone.

Nina from nina and the neurons.

Ah yes, of course. Thanks hop 👍

Googling bald Nina 2020
  • Stevo_666
    elbowloh said:

Us family types need something practical. Others prefer sports cars.

• hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129

MattFalle said:

what ya havin'?
    Hoisin duck in oriental steamed rolls, followed by seabass and gubbins and yet undisclosed dessert.

Wine will be a very nice Mazer, courtesy of Nino Negri up in the Valtellina Vally, North East of Lake Como.

Like the look of that wine HD. I very much like nebbiolo, especially when not in the form of £££ barolo or barbaresco. What fizz?

We're off out for a belated birthday dinner on Sunday evening - possible as London is "only" in tier 2.
  • elbowloh
    edited December 2020

MattFalle said:

what ya havin'?

Well, we're going to Prezzo at 17.30 for stupidly early dinner with our 19 month old and no alcohol as the wife is up the duff.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • seanoconn
    elbowloh said:

MattFalle said:

what ya havin'?

Well, we're going to Prezzo at 17.30 for stupidly early dinner with our 19 month old and no alcohol as the wife is up the duff.
    19th month old and up the duff?! You’re a machine 👍😎
  • elbowloh
    edited December 2020
    seanoconn said:

elbowloh said:

MattFalle said:

what ya havin'?

19th month old and up the duff?! You’re a machine 👍😎
    Not quite.

No. 1 was IVF and No. 2 was an accidental, but pleasant surprise!

Apologies if TMI
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk