Moderated Monday, I mean Tuesday, although Monday sounded better

2»

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,366
    edited November 2020
    seanoconn said:

You’re still the head honcho, numero uno, big cheese, leader of the pack, commander in chief, big cheese, mr top banana, high muckety muck, much a muck in my eyes 👍

Good, thank you.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,560
    pinno said:

seanoconn said:

You’re still the head honcho, numero uno, big cheese, leader of the pack, commander in chief, big cheese, mr top banana, high muckety muck, much a muck in my eyes 👍

Good, thank you.

Why doesn't Seano just cut to the chase and stick his tongue straight down the back of your trousers? :)

In other news, AMG kicks GT2 butt at the 'Ring:

https://youtu.be/JWaz9HVgDeY
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    In that class. Not bad given winter and a damp track.

But for something stratospheric, you need a Porsche:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQmSUHhP3ug
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

Why doesn't Seano just cut to the chase and stick his tongue straight down the back of your trousers? :)

For someone good at troll spotting, you're pretty poor at spotting sarcasm.

• Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

For someone good at troll spotting, you're pretty poor at spotting sarcasm.

I did :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

I was talking about production cars that you or I could drive if we had enough dosh. Would like to see what the current F1 champions company car could do it in.

I was quite chuffed that the current production car record holder has basically the same 4l V8 engine as mine, with the wick turned up :)
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,154
    pinno said:

That thing looked like it did 100-300 (km/h presumably?) in the same time as my sensible car can do 0-60 (mph) 😐
  • pinno

pinno said:

That thing looked like it did 100-300 (km/h presumably?) in the same time as my sensible car can do 0-60 (mph) 😐

The whole video is incomprehensible.

In a GT car I have lapped the Ring @ 6.34 on the Play station.
    In a Pescarolo LMP (Le Man Prototype), @ 6.19.
    And I have thrashed that circuit to bits in the comfort of my own home, safe as houses.

I have sat and watched that video trying to imagine doing what that driver does in terms of braking point, steering, gear changes and anticipation and it's beyond my mental capacity.
    It's quicker than Play station quick. Mind boggling.
    The circuit is littered with opposite cambers, high kerbstones, bumps and all sorts of things that can throw you off.

The Merc vid ^ is impressive given it's winter and with slick tyres in summer is probably good for another 12 seconds +.
    (Wait till it's done in a 911 Bi-turbo - 0-60 in 2.7 secs, restricted to 190mph, derestricted and tweaked a little).

@Stevo_666 : I saw a GTR in town the other day with a distinctive orange 'bum' and picnic table. Looked impressive.
    You do realise that all these production cars with their insane BHP outputs is the last gasp of the internal combustion engine?

• Stevo_666
    pinno said:

pinno said:

The whole video is incomprehensible.

In a GT car I have lapped the Ring @ 6.34 on the Play station.
    In a Pescarolo LMP (Le Man Prototype), @ 6.19.
    And I have thrashed that circuit to bits in the comfort of my own home, safe as houses.

I have sat and watched that video trying to imagine doing what that driver does in terms of braking point, steering, gear changes and anticipation and it's beyond my mental capacity.
    It's quicker than Play station quick. Mind boggling.
    The circuit is littered with opposite cambers, high kerbstones, bumps and all sorts of things that can throw you off.

The Merc vid ^ is impressive given it's winter and with slick tyres in summer is probably good for another 12 seconds +.
    (Wait till it's done in a 911 Bi-turbo - 0-60 in 2.7 secs, restricted to 190mph, derestricted and tweaked a little).

@Stevo_666 : I saw a GTR in town the other day with a distinctive orange 'bum' and picnic table. Looked impressive.
    You do realise that all these production cars with their insane BHP outputs is the last gasp of the internal combustion engine?

The Black Series could definitely get into the 6:30's with a warmer, dryer track. Would like to see the 911 Turbo S lightweight and the new GT2 (when they arrive) have a crack at it - unmodded to compare apples with apples.

Sadly, yep this is the last decade of the ICE. I've got my last fun car purchase pencilled in for 2029 and with a bit of care that should last me until I'm old enough not to care about driving a souped up milk float. Till then, let's hope they continue to go out with a bang.