Wednesday's child is full of pineapple

2»

Comments

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,197
    hopkinb said:

orraloon said:

I deserve a beer. Right, off to pour one.

Here you go 'loon. The king of cold ones. Imported, not brewed under license.

Cheers man. I've had myself a German hefe weissbier now being followed in the interests of balance, not that I 'work' for the BBC, by a Shepherd Neame Spitfire 😉

(but lychee syrup...?)
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,605
    Shepherd Neame used to do some good ads for Spitfire.

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    seanoconn said:

hopkinb said:

orraloon said:

I deserve a beer. Right, off to pour one.

Here you go 'loon. The king of cold ones. Imported, not brewed under license.

I’m out of most things drinkable so I’m experimenting with some Jack Daniels and Lychee liqueur for a bit of sweetness. Surprisingly it’s not very nice.
    Bleeutgh. Jack Daniels is fine straight from the bottle. Whilst wearing a top hat and having a ciggie hanging out the corner of your mouth, preferably with a raddled crack hooer on your arm. Think Slash from Guns and Roses circa 1988.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Stevo_666 said:

hopkinb said:

orraloon said:

This Wednesday's child is full of aches. Long and hard work day, physical stuff see, all you desk jockeys...

I see your point, but being a middle man between German advisors and Japanese business guys, with the complexity and nuance of German tax law, and the Japanese hierarchy, and endless repetition of the same questions, makes for the brain to ache, and for the advisor's fees to be high. Not my cost centre, but if they'd just let go, we could deal with it.

Cut out the middle man and tell them to deal direct, they should get on just fine. As long as nobody mentions Ze Var...
    If I wasn't the middle man, the advisors would, and do, take the absolute piss.
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb said:

Stevo_666 said:

hopkinb said:

orraloon said:

This Wednesday's child is full of aches. Long and hard work day, physical stuff see, all you desk jockeys...

I see your point, but being a middle man between German advisors and Japanese business guys, with the complexity and nuance of German tax law, and the Japanese hierarchy, and endless repetition of the same questions, makes for the brain to ache, and for the advisor's fees to be high. Not my cost centre, but if they'd just let go, we could deal with it.

Cut out the middle man and tell them to deal direct, they should get on just fine. As long as nobody mentions Ze Var...
    If I wasn't the middle man, the advisors would, and do, take the absolute piss.
    Well you did say it wasn't your budget...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • It's still technically Wednesday if you haven't managed to get to bed yet, innit?
    What a grueller of a day, then the OH asks if I can pick her up from work at midnight.
    Is it really only 4.5 hours until the alarm clock goes off and I start again?
    I'm starting to think she's trying to bump me off :lol:
  • Stevo_666
    Cargobike said:

It's still technically Wednesday if you haven't managed to get to bed yet, innit?
    What a grueller of a day, then the OH asks if I can pick her up from work at midnight.

Its only cheating if you start a daily thread in the early hours before you've gone to bed. Mind you, some forumites get up so bloody early there's not a lot of difference...
  • oxoman said:

Suspect she's trying to give you an idea of how she feels when she does a grueller.

Oh, I know that already.
    She never has a problem letting me know.
    Ever :lol:
  • orraloon
    CB How tf do you work hard all day then be up most of the night with next to no sleep then carry on as usual? Are you on some Naughty Bertie C type enhancing substances? I'm still knackered after yesterday's hard day then today's only 1/2 as bad one. I could do with a booster!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    Stevo_666 said:

Cargobike said:

It's still technically Wednesday if you haven't managed to get to bed yet, innit?

Its only cheating if you start a daily thread in the early hours before you've gone to bed. Mind you, some forumites get up so bloody early there's not a lot of difference...
    So I can’t start the Saturday thread?
  • orraloon said:

CB How tf do you work hard all day then be up most of the night with next to no sleep then carry on as usual? Are you on some Naughty Bertie C type enhancing substances? I'm still knackered after yesterday's hard day then today's only 1/2 as bad one. I could do with a booster!

Call me naive but I haven't got a clue what Bertie C is, although thinking about it I could probably guess :lol:
    If I'm really bushed the OH has concoctions that will see me right, but tbh I shy away from any legal/illegal stimulants.
    The key for me is good sleep when I can and catnaps when I can't, plus daily exercise to release the endorphins. Both the OH and I are surviving on approx 5 hours sleep a day/night presently, usually about 4 hours straight and another hour of mini sleeps. Both of us have been doing it for years, the body does adapt over time.
    Is it good for us long-term? Probably not, but with C-19 cases rising for the OH and online shopping deliveries going through the roof for me we have little choice but to get on with it.
    I can sleep as long as I want when I'm dead!
  • orraloon
    Alberto Contador, he of the 'it must have been some dodgy beef I ate' line when failed the doping tests.
  • Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Cargobike said:

I thought that passing out after 2 gallons of scrumpy counted as going to bed?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Cargobike said:

That TLW's turned into such a lightweight lately, still can't grow a new liver though
  • tlw1
    Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Cargobike said:

No cider, running starts tomorrow at 13:00 and if my back doesn’t feckmeup finishes Saturday @ 13:00
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,089
    tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Cargobike said:

No cider, running starts tomorrow at 13:00 and if my back doesn’t feckmeup finishes Saturday @ 13:00

Is this that go anywhere from a start point for 24h with your very much fitter than you mate who probably hasn't got a back problem?

Good luck BTW.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    pinno said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Cargobike said:

Is this that go anywhere from a start point for 24h with your very much fitter than you mate who probably hasn't got a back problem?

Good luck BTW.
    Correct - you should be able to see the tracker on facemuck