COVID-19 Effects on training volume, intensity and racing - Survey

Hi, I’m a PhD student at Teesside University examining training load and periodisation in cyclists. As part of my research, I am conducting a survey examining the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic on training volume, intensity and racing practices in cyclists. If you are a cyclist aged 16 and over I would really appreciate it if you could spare ~10 minutes to complete this survey and if possible, share with your clubs https://teesside.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/covid-19-cycling-impact

(I find the quickest way to get monthly cycling training volume is to either use the training calendar on Strava desktop or Garmin connect, Garmin connect allows you to filter to just cycling)
Thanks!

Comments

• pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,803
    Done.
    Quite interesting to compare my own figures.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Where it says "You should not take part if you have been injured either January-September this year or last as it will affect comparisons in your training." - my training is down 90% because of getting covid. Do you want my input or is it about the effect of the lockdown and changed working practices?
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,803

Where it says "You should not take part if you have been injured either January-September this year or last as it will affect comparisons in your training." - my training is down 90% because of getting covid. Do you want my input or is it about the effect of the lockdown and changed working practices?

The survey is mostly about hours spent on the bike comparing 2019 to 2020 on a monthly basis due to lockdown. I'd say that while having covid might be related it is not what is being looked at.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Yeah apologies for the late reply! This kind of impact is what I'm after. Was just trying to avoid results being skewed from say a broken leg one year!
  • I'll sit it out then. Like everything else this year!
  • More like you had the flu not convid.