Old Brompton rehab

Comments

• I find the .22 LR is adequate for kids on bikes and the ammo is cheap, around a nickel a round.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Old Brompton Rehab.
    This sounds like the name for a drug and alcohol treatment unit.
  • webboo said:

Old Brompton Rehab.
    This sounds like the name for a drug and alcohol treatment unit.

It does, doesn't it!
  • david37
    david37 Posts: 1,313
    elbowloh said:

swjohnsey said:

More kids are killed on bikes in the U.S. than by guns.

Are they killing other people with them?
    like they do in this country you mean
    https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/863550/cyclist-killed-bicycle-accident-two-pedestrians-every-week
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    david37 said:

elbowloh said:

swjohnsey said:

More kids are killed on bikes in the U.S. than by guns.

Are they killing other people with them?
    like they do in this country you mean
    https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/863550/cyclist-killed-bicycle-accident-two-pedestrians-every-week
    I doubt any of those cyclists were toddlers.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • I've been riding the Brompton a little, down to the food court at the local college to get Chick-fil-a sandwiches for lunch because the parking is so difficult. Saw a juvenile armadillo out during daylight which is unusual. You mostly see them at night. They don't see very well so you can get right up on them 'til they perceive you as a threat then they scurry off. The gearing is 50/14 with the Sprinter 5 speed hub. It is direct in 3.

We have lots of unusual animals in South Texas and living on the edge of town I see them. I have had rattle snakes on my front porch in the morning on several occassions. We have white tail deer, coyotes, javalina, fox that regularly roam around the neighborhood, also birds like greenjays, kiskadee flycatchers and several species of humming birds. Caught a couple of corral snakes in my yard and donated them to the herpatology department at the college.
  • I saw a squirrel on the trails today. 🐿👍
  • I saw a squirrel on the trails today. 🐿👍

We only have grey squirrel and they are recent arrivals. When I was a kid there wasn't a single squirrel in Kingsville. Now they are plentiful.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    swjohnsey said:

I've been riding the Brompton a little, down to the food court at the local college to get Chick-fil-a sandwiches for lunch because the parking is so difficult. Saw a juvenile armadillo out during daylight which is unusual. You mostly see them at night. They don't see very well so you can get right up on them 'til they perceive you as a threat then they scurry off. The gearing is 50/14 with the Sprinter 5 speed hub. It is direct in 3.

We have lots of unusual animals in South Texas and living on the edge of town I see them. I have had rattle snakes on my front porch in the morning on several occassions. We have white tail deer, coyotes, javalina, fox that regularly roam around the neighborhood, also birds like greenjays, kiskadee flycatchers and several species of humming birds. Caught a couple of corral snakes in my yard and donated them to the herpatology department at the college.

You're trying too hard.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,315
    So, about those pics?
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • pangolin said:

So, about those pics?

Bike or the critters?
  • pangolin
    The bike, maybe show how it fits in the plane too
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • pangolin said:

The bike, maybe show how it fits in the plane too

I will. I'll have to take some photos of the bike in the plane.
  • Wife went hunting this morning and came back with a wild turkey. They are not nearly as meaty as domestic turkeys, this one might go ten pounds dressed.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,692
    swjohnsey said:

I've been riding the Brompton a little, down to the food court at the local college to get Chick-fil-a sandwiches for lunch because the parking is so difficult.

Not fussed by the owners of that cr4p-food chain being funders of anti-LGBTQ organisations then? They've been shown the exit door in the UK. Not that there was any need for them, we have enough fat boi food outlets of domestic origin.
  • orraloon said:

swjohnsey said:

I've been riding the Brompton a little, down to the food court at the local college to get Chick-fil-a sandwiches for lunch because the parking is so difficult.

Not fussed by the owners of that cr4p-food chain being funders of anti-LGBTQ organisations then? They've been shown the exit door in the UK. Not that there was any need for them, we have enough fat boi food outlets of domestic origin.
    I really like Chick-fil-a. The stores are all spotlessly clean, the staff is polite and you won't find any with purple hair, nose rings or face tatoos. The food is pretty good, too.
  • webboo
    These pictures are a long time coming but I suppose it takes time to build an Airfix model round a bike, even if it’s a folder.

• New N number is N399M.
  • orraloon
    Who is Don Hewins?
  • Beats me. The airplane was built and registered by a dentist named Keith Livingston. It was sold to a guy in Canada and registered a CFNEF, and then sold to me and registered as N399M. Registration numbers get recycled.
  • pangolin
    https://abpic.co.uk/pictures/view/1440597

He's the photographer. Don't you have any of your own photos?
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • webboo
    You’ve posted a picture of a plane. I could post a picture of a battleship but it wouldn’t mean it’s mine.
  • pangolin said:

https://abpic.co.uk/pictures/view/1440597

He's the photographer. Don't you have any of your own photos?

Yep, but they are all on my phone, not the computer.
  • orraloon
    Do you need some help in posting your own images? We can advise you.
  • webboo
    edited November 2020
    He’s worried he might post a picture of a Bianchi by accident.
  • orraloon said:

Do you need some help in posting your own images? We can advise you.

Is there a simple way to get images off an iphone onto my computer?
  • orraloon
    Eh, yeah. Just connect your phone in to your computer and copy file...
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,799
    edited November 2020
    Edit. Turns out to be so easy. Just post from your phone. Simply hit the photo icon above the text box, select your photo and viola!
    Hmmmm.

The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • I don't even text. I mostly use my phone as a phone.