Dylan Groenewegen Suspended until May 2021

124»

Comments

• gregster04
    gregster04 Posts: 1,686
    I read the interview with DG last night and it sounded like both guys were settling back into racing and had cleared the air.

Obviously not. Sounds like the situation is going to rumble on for some time yet.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    Indeed, nothing sounds good about that... 😕
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,734
    A suggestion on the cycling podcast that Fabio’s statement “had the guiding hand of Lefevre”
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,815

A suggestion on the cycling podcast that Fabio’s statement “had the guiding hand of Lefevre”

I sensed that too, from his Eurosport interview.

Fair play to Rob Hatch, he's said several times now that it's time to move on and it's good to see him back in the peloton.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • rick_chasey

Fair play to Rob Hatch, he's said several times now that it's time to move on and it's good to see him back in the peloton.
    Sure but there’s legal action so it’s not moving on till that is sorted
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,815

And yet they were surprised when DG turned up for that "apology meeting", with lawyers and then didn't apologise.
    Go figure.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • rick_chasey

And yet they were surprised when DG turned up for that "apology meeting", with lawyers and then didn't apologise.
    Go figure.
    Well quite.

"Do you apologise for doing the things we are suing you for?"
  • yorkshireraw
    yorkshireraw Posts: 1,628
    Is Jakobsen also suing the Tour of Poland organisers? As has been said many times it's the consequences that were extreme in this case, not the action of DG. And the consequences were mainly due to the shocking state of the run in and race infrastructure.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,799

Is Jakobsen also suing the Tour of Poland organisers? As has been said many times it's the consequences that were extreme in this case, not the action of DG. And the consequences were mainly due to the shocking state of the run in and race infrastructure.

Fairly sure that will be the basis of DG's defence should it come to that.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.