La Vuelta 2020 - Stage 9: Castrillo del Val > Aguilar de Campoo - 157,7 km *Spoilers*

2»

Comments

• I'd eat them both.
    Well done chaps!
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,339
    Really good job both of you!
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • larkim
    larkim Posts: 2,474
    Couldn't resist trying this for the family. Lovely, though £16 of lamb made my better half wince!! Smoky paprika next time.

2015 Canyon Nerve AL 6.0 (son #1's)
    2011 Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc (son #4s)
    2013 Decathlon Triban 3 (red) (mine)
    2019 Hoy Bonaly 26" Disc (son #2s)
    2018 Voodoo Bizango (mine)
    2018 Voodoo Maji (wife's)
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,735
    larkim said:

Couldn't resist trying this for the family. Lovely, though £16 of lamb made my better half wince!! Smoky paprika next time.

Just tell her it is £24/head in a restaurant. 🤣
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,385
    Yeah, as I said I struggle to believe a Basque Shepard uses that meat: veg ratio....

(Om nom nom, tho)

Feeling Stofvlees met frites coming on tomorrow... 🤤
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Superb work. I have some time this week so will have a stab
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,476
    I've got a week off so was looking at things I could cook for tea for a bit of a change and thought back to this thread. I'd love that but the rest of the family are so lucky it's going to be a nightmare finding something a bit different they'll all like. I think the wife would eat that but one daughter doesn't like stews
  • So one fussy daughter gets to ruin supper for everyone?

You're a kinder father than I.

Supper here is cooked for my wife and I and the child eats (or doesn't eat) whatever we have.

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,476

So one fussy daughter gets to ruin supper for everyone?

You're a kinder father than I.

Supper here is cooked for my wife and I and the child eats (or doesn't eat) whatever we have.

The wife cooks virtually every evening and generally makes 2 or even 3 different meals. My older daughter will eat a wider variety and just leave bits, my younger daughter is always nagging for food like that one advert on TV but has a fairly limited range and the wife herself is very fussy. I'm the easy one and eat virtually anything but would like a bit more variety at times. Even when we have a takeaway it's the same to the extent the person on the phone knows who is ordering which is a bit embarrassing!
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,735
    edited November 2020
    ddraver said:

Yeah, as I said I struggle to believe a Basque Shepard uses that meat: veg ratio....

An attempt at the irony thread surely?
    Who has more access to lamb than a shepard?
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,385
    Well in theory yes, but I suspect most shepherds want to sell as much meat as possible so are only left with the dregs...You rarely see a rich shepherd (in places where such things still exist)

(whatever the dregs of a sheep are...)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,339
    If you want to give such dishes an interesting twist, rehydrate ancho, guajillo & pasilla chiles in chicken stock or hot water, blend them and add them in. You also need to de-seed them before. Does not add too much spice, but gives the stew a lot of body. You may need to balance the slight bitterness that can sneak in with some honey/sugar, but I can wholly recommend it.
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,674
    On a related note, from the Stage 11 thread postings I made that one pot tomato beans garlic paprika plus plus base with chorizo wrapped cod fillet. Mmmm, nice.

Lots of bonus recipe ideas from following la Vuelta. Cheers all.
  • Quite. If only blazing saddles had been more on the ball and posted the threads 1-2 days before then we could have done the shopping and had the local cuisine on the day.

One more to add to the growing list of complaints ;)
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,308
    orraloon said:

On a related note, from the Stage 11 thread postings I made that one pot tomato beans garlic paprika plus plus base with chorizo wrapped cod fillet. Mmmm, nice.

Lots of bonus recipe ideas from following la Vuelta. Cheers all.

Glad you liked it! I'm going to have to do it again sometime soon, it's years since I did it last.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format