Forum home Road cycling forum Pro race

Post of the Tour 2020

2»

• RichN95. said:

Not a post on the forum, but this is the Twitter thread of the Tour and demands a wider audience. It was even retweeted by one of it's subjects with the comment 'All seem pretty accurate'

That's brilliant.

Could do with an unroll though to make it a bit more readable...
    https://cyclingtips.com/2020/09/panini-tour-de-france-stickers-show-us-who-these-riders-really-are/
  • bobmcstuffbobmcstuff Posts: 10,518

RichN95. said:

Not a post on the forum, but this is the Twitter thread of the Tour and demands a wider audience. It was even retweeted by one of it's subjects with the comment 'All seem pretty accurate'

That's brilliant.

https://cyclingtips.com/2020/09/panini-tour-de-france-stickers-show-us-who-these-riders-really-are/
    Even better!
  • mididoctorsmididoctors Posts: 12,507
    ddraver said:

Un arrive tricksé

classifying the Lyon stage finish type
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • RichN95. said:

That's brilliant.

Yeah, but the business behind those unroll things is shady - it basically scapes the content and adds it to loads of websites for clickbait. Author doesn't see a penny. Some of mine has been scraped - and the format ruined, as threading is a different writing style - so now I'm blocking on sight. I do it for fun, not cash, but it still annoys me.
  • RichN95.RichN95. Posts: 26,310

Yeah, but the business behind those unroll things is shady - it basically scapes the content and adds it to loads of websites for clickbait. Author doesn't see a penny. Some of mine has been scraped - and the format ruined, as threading is a different writing style - so now I'm blocking on sight. I do it for fun, not cash, but it still annoys me.

Also I'm 48, so the only thing I know how to 'unroll' is socks. So I couldn't do it anyway.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • orraloonorraloon Posts: 10,327
    You roll your socks? Hmmm 🤔
  • RichN95.RichN95. Posts: 26,310
    orraloon said:

You roll your socks? Hmmm 🤔

How do you keep pairs together otherwise?

Twitter: @RichN95
  • m.r.m.m.r.m. Posts: 2,718
    You could just fold the tops together.
    PTP Champion 2019
  • ddraverddraver Posts: 24,668
    Mind

Blown

!!!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
    edited September 2020

Who'd have thought after stage 16 that the Ineos party in Paris was going to be a lot more fun than the Jumbo-Visma one?

kinda summed this tour up
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm

Been a good race, and a really interesting course this year. Chateau to the organisers.

i hope that was deliberate
    This thread needs more love . Lots of good stuff out there
  • This thread needs more love . Lots of good stuff out there

I feel most of my best efforts were pearls before swine.... ;)
    “Road racing was over and the UCI had banned my riding positions on the track, so it was like ‘Jings, crivvens, help ma Boab, what do I do now? I know, I’ll go away and be depressed for 10 years’.”

@DrHeadgear

The Vikings are coming!

I just accept that 99% of what I say isn't actually funny. It helps having two cynical daughters about to remind me.

I just accept that 99% of what I say isn't actually funny. It helps having two cynical daughters about to remind me.
    And a wife. Or does she encourage you, while winking at your daughters?
    “Road racing was over and the UCI had banned my riding positions on the track, so it was like ‘Jings, crivvens, help ma Boab, what do I do now? I know, I’ll go away and be depressed for 10 years’.”

@DrHeadgear

The Vikings are coming!

And a wife. Or does she encourage you, while winking at your daughters?
    There have been words. It's mostly why I take it out on you lot.

There's a grain of sand in that truth....
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • 50x1150x11 Posts: 405

Carapaz boshing it in the big plate. Big kajones!

@feelgoodlost for me, easy win.