Post of the Tour 2020

2»

Comments

• RichN95. said:

Not a post on the forum, but this is the Twitter thread of the Tour and demands a wider audience. It was even retweeted by one of it's subjects with the comment 'All seem pretty accurate'

That's brilliant.

Could do with an unroll though to make it a bit more readable...
    https://cyclingtips.com/2020/09/panini-tour-de-france-stickers-show-us-who-these-riders-really-are/
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196

RichN95. said:

Not a post on the forum, but this is the Twitter thread of the Tour and demands a wider audience. It was even retweeted by one of it's subjects with the comment 'All seem pretty accurate'

That's brilliant.

https://cyclingtips.com/2020/09/panini-tour-de-france-stickers-show-us-who-these-riders-really-are/
    Even better!
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,645
    ddraver said:

Un arrive tricksé

classifying the Lyon stage finish type
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • RichN95. said:

That's brilliant.

Yeah, but the business behind those unroll things is shady - it basically scapes the content and adds it to loads of websites for clickbait. Author doesn't see a penny. Some of mine has been scraped - and the format ruined, as threading is a different writing style - so now I'm blocking on sight. I do it for fun, not cash, but it still annoys me.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137

Yeah, but the business behind those unroll things is shady - it basically scapes the content and adds it to loads of websites for clickbait. Author doesn't see a penny. Some of mine has been scraped - and the format ruined, as threading is a different writing style - so now I'm blocking on sight. I do it for fun, not cash, but it still annoys me.

Also I'm 48, so the only thing I know how to 'unroll' is socks. So I couldn't do it anyway.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    You roll your socks? Hmmm 🤔
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    orraloon said:

You roll your socks? Hmmm 🤔

How do you keep pairs together otherwise?

Twitter: @RichN95
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,312
    You could just fold the tops together.
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    Mind

Blown

!!!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • mididoctors
    edited September 2020

Who'd have thought after stage 16 that the Ineos party in Paris was going to be a lot more fun than the Jumbo-Visma one?

kinda summed this tour up
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors

Been a good race, and a really interesting course this year. Chateau to the organisers.

i hope that was deliberate
  • mididoctors
    This thread needs more love . Lots of good stuff out there
  • This thread needs more love . Lots of good stuff out there

I feel most of my best efforts were pearls before swine.... ;)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format

I just accept that 99% of what I say isn't actually funny. It helps having two cynical daughters about to remind me.

I just accept that 99% of what I say isn't actually funny. It helps having two cynical daughters about to remind me.
    And a wife. Or does she encourage you, while winking at your daughters?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format

And a wife. Or does she encourage you, while winking at your daughters?
    There have been words. It's mostly why I take it out on you lot.

There's a grain of sand in that truth....
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • 50x11
    50x11 Posts: 408

Carapaz boshing it in the big plate. Big kajones!

@feelgoodlost for me, easy win.