Comments

• ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,388
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,564
    Yep. Season done. That’s a real shame.
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • One star out of the Tour thanks to old biddy in car.

"Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725

One star out of the Tour thanks to old biddy in car.

I do have a little bit of sympathy for her, how was she allowed on the course?
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 6,918
    She was trying to beat the rush to the supermarket when the roads opened to everyone.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,589
    What the hell was happening today.

Did someone p!ss off the cycling gods?

I had a horrendous day on the bike too.
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725

It's all avoidable stuff though. The descent in the Dauphine was flagged as dangerous beforehand, the Sormano descent has seen serious injuries previously, and the car on the course should never have been allowed to happen. That one is an embarrassment.
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,150

Riders with little racing for six months plunged into big races. Their touch isn't there yet.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • RichN95.
    The Giro line up is starting to look really weak. I think it will be won by someone who starts the Tour
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,738
    RichN95. said:

The Giro line up is starting to look really weak. I think it will be won by someone who starts the Tour

Froome's tactics are looking spot on at this stage. 😉
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,589
    Since it's the giro dell'emilia today, here's everyone's favourite clip from said race.

LOOK AT THAT GEAR
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,738
    I wonder just what it takes to turn big gears like that. 😉🤣
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Authorities in Italy have given a €129 fine and docked two points from the driving licence of the woman who drove onto the course during the finale of Il Lombardia on Saturday.
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,464

Authorities in Italy have given a €129 fine and docked two points from the driving licence of the woman who drove onto the course during the finale of Il Lombardia on Saturday.

Docked points? Rewarding drivers for hitting cyclists is going a little bit too far.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,099
    RichN95. said:

I think it'll be won by someone who was supposed to ride the Tour but missed it due to injury. Or Vlasov.

Wouldn't the Tour / Vuelta double be more appealing?
    Team My Man 2022:

Antwan Tolhoek, Sam Oomen, Tom Dumoulin, Thymen Arensman, Remco Evenepoel, Benoît Cosnefroy, Tom Pidcock, Mark Cavendish, Romain Bardet
  • david37
    david37 Posts: 1,313

Authorities in Italy have given a €129 fine and docked two points from the driving licence of the woman who drove onto the course during the finale of Il Lombardia on Saturday.

that was quick!
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    Saw a great conspiracy theory type post from Cillian Kelly on Twitter, quoting Vayer. Soigneur shiftily removing a package from Evenepoel's pocket after his crash:

Anyone fancy a good speculate?
  • Matti66
    Matti66 Posts: 190
    It was his cafe ride funds?
  • RichN95.

Yeah. Before you put someone on a stability stretcher you empty their pockets so they lie down properly.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,479
    RichN95. said:

Yeah. Before you put someone on a stability stretcher you empty their pockets so they lie down properly.
    Especially if it's something sharp like a needle.

At least the lunacy is no longer being aimed at just one team.
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,339
    edited August 2020
    Certainly not sensible to keep the radio unit under his back for example when
    RichN95. said:

I second this. Certainly not sensible to keep the radio unit under his back for example when placed on the stretcher.

It's so strange. We live in an age where information and facts are readily available, yet more and more people buy into the stupidest conspiracy theories and more and more countries in Europe as well as the rest of the world are run by autocratic regimes. :s
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    I think it was that the guy looked a bit shifty while taking whatever it was out.

It was from a pocket so unlikely to be the radio.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,104

I think it was that the guy looked a bit shifty while taking whatever it was out.

It was from a pocket so unlikely to be the radio.

Bramati always looks shifty. Look at those bands he's wearing on his wrists. Or the ring. Never mind the shoes. Clearly dodgy.
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,464
    m.r.m. said:

Certainly not sensible to keep the radio unit under his back for example when

RichN95. said:

I second this. Certainly not sensible to keep the radio unit under his back for example when placed on the stretcher.

It's so strange. We live in an age where information and facts are readily available, yet more and more people buy into the stupidest conspiracy theories and more and more countries in Europe as well as the rest of the world are run by autocratic regimes. :s
    Ok Mrs Remco's Mum
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,339
    That's a new one 🙄
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • Cycling News reporting this morning that Remco/DQS are under investigation over what the item could be. Not necessarily because it's PEDs, but the UCI suspect it's an illegal data transmitter.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,812
    edited August 2020

Cycling News reporting this morning that Remco/DQS are under investigation over what the item could be. Not necessarily because it's PEDs, but the UCI suspect it's an illegal data transmitter.

The Daily Mail and Desperate Dan will be right on it.......