Grand Prix 5000 tyres so hard to get over the rim

13»

Comments

• junglist_matty
    junglist_matty Posts: 1,731
    pinno said:

I could. All my wheelsets are tubeless compatible.
    It's taking that plunge innit?

What are you waiting for!? Get some tubeless valves, tyres and sealant.... Top up sealant every 8 to 10 weeks, small punctures a thing of the past, bike feels instantly smoother with squashier tyres, better grip, lower rolling resistance and far lighter than tubes... Never need to take the tyre off unless it's ruined, big holes easily fixed with worms and a dab of cement... All I ride with is 2x co2 cannisters, a few worms a tubeless repair tool (like a fishing barb) and some rubber cement. Never needed them over thousands of km but they're there just in case!

I don't get why people are so scared to go tubeless!? I was running tubeless on my MTB over 10 years ago, was so happy when road wheels/tyres "caught up".
  • Jeremy.89
    Jeremy.89 Posts: 457
    What tyres did you run matty?

I found the schwalbe ones fine, but the tread separated and bubbled out after a few hundred miles.

Preferred vittoria corsas and latex tubes
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Jeremy.89 said:

Preferred vittoria corsas and latex tubes

This.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • joe_totale-2
    joe_totale-2 Posts: 1,333
    Veloflex have just launched some new tubeless tyres which are handmade and 320tpi unlike many other tubeless tyres which have a much lower tpi.

I'm going to order some when my current GP5000's wear out and hoping that they have that same, lovely ride feel that Corsas and latex tubes have but also with the benefits of tubeless.
  • amrushton
    amrushton Posts: 1,249
    my var lever has never been beaten yet!