hope things have dried out

ride, coffee, nyt, coffee, webexes, make up some numbers
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

• CargobikeCargobike Posts: 136
    Ay up!
    Ride early, eat food, do payroll.
    What a rock n roll lifestyle I lead.
  • lincolndavelincolndave Posts: 7,859
    Morning, fine and greyish more wet stuff forecast, although Sunday onwards is looking good
    Have a good day
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,143
    Tired but ready for the joys of Thursday
  • oxomanoxoman Posts: 7,517
    Morning. Dreary damp and generally John Major over here. May ride some new local trails if not to yucky. OH social distancing taxi service and brat abuse later, youngest going back to school next wk and eldest back at apprentice college. Peace and quiet is on the horizon.
    Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • sungodsungod Posts: 12,300
    windy and gloomy out

maybe the most traffic i've seen this year, marylebone/euston road already jammed both ways when i crossed it around 7ish

cake time
  • step83step83 Posts: 3,737
    Morning, very dull back to clear lenses in the cycling specs and long sleeves, was a chilly 9c this morning.

Lots of idiot maintenance today as I'm covering for another manager for the foreseeable. Group video call later with them so that will be tiresome.

Anyway need to walk the dog shes currently slumped on the bottom step sulking shes not been out yet.
  • thistle_(mbnw)thistle_(mbnw) Posts: 3,352
    Looked like it was raining up on the hills this morning but we t out anyway and I think it's just general murkiness.
    For some stupid reason I went up all the steep climbs on my single speed pub bike and now my knees feel like they're about to burst.
    Lazy day now, apart from I need to go on Zwift for a bit to earn that unemployed badge.
  • pinnopinno Posts: 38,473
    Shorty can't work the title out SG. Mind you, neither can I.
    I think she thinks you are bonkers. I do too.

Which reminds me...
    S - The Brazilian beach volleyball team
    W - Wiggle Honda

"This year will be harder than last year. But that is good news; this year will be easier than next year." President of Abyssinia's annual address to the nation.
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 40,089
    edited 11 June
    Its just tanked down here. Thankfully I'm sheltering in my work pit with a nice hot mug of coffee and a pile of work.

In good news the recently arrived 'caravan club' has been moved on swiftly from the local park so I don't have to consider sleeping In the Panzer. Apparently they didn't leave tons of rubbish either, whatever next?
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
    Stevo_666 said:

Its just tanked down here. Thankfully I'm sheltering in my work pit with a nice hot mug of coffee and a pile of work.

In good news the recently arrived 'caravan club' has been moved on swiftly from the local park so I don't have to consider sleeping In the Panzer. Apparently they didn't leave tons of rubbish either, whatever next?

Maybe they weren't so bad and maybe they will be replaced by the next wave of Ethiopians and Sudanese.
    W - Wiggle Honda

"This year will be harder than last year. But that is good news; this year will be easier than next year." President of Abyssinia's annual address to the nation.
    pinno said:

Shorty can't work the title out SG. Mind you, neither can I.
    I think she thinks you are bonkers. I do too.

Which reminds me...

absolute psycho :smiley:

massive spinning things distort and drag spacetime around with them, 'frame dragging'...
    https://www.sciencealert.com/scientists-caught-a-star-in-the-act-of-warping-the-fabric-of-space-and-time

after three hours finally free of webex for the day
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,143
    WiFi censored today, so working in the home bar as relatively near main WiFi but away from family.

Is it too early for a drink, asking for a friend
    chin chin
  • WheelspinnerWheelspinner Posts: 4,689
    tlw1 said:

WiFi censored today, so working in the home bar as relatively near main WiFi but away from family.

In the words of Captain Goodvibes.. "Sun's up, time for a Gin and Tonic.."
    edited 17 June

tlw1 said:

So very camp. :)
    W - Wiggle Honda

• Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 40,089

tlw1 said:

That would be a good username for tlw.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]