Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

tuesday as an emergent property of spacetime

sungodsungod Posts: 12,194
'ning

mild start, hurrah

ride, coffee, nyt, wfh a bit, but mostly bask
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

• lincolndavelincolndave Posts: 7,725
    Morning, although it’s mild it’s also raining so much for the three days of sunshine, same stuff for me again, plus I have a doctor ringing this morning not sure what that’s about
    Have a good day
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,056
    Gentle jog with the dogs, then work stuff and hopefully fit a ride in later
  • oxomanoxoman Posts: 7,300
    Morning, bright sunny stuff. Postman pat woke me up with parcel for OH, apparently muttly is being trained on dog agility. This is going to be fun to watch. Meeting up with a mate and doing pines whilst socially distancing, he's always at least 20 metres behind me anyway.
    Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 39,507
    edited 19 May
    oxoman said:

Morning, bright sunny stuff. Postman pat woke me up with parcel for OH, apparently muttly is being trained on dog agility. This is going to be fun to watch. Meeting up with a mate and doing pines whilst socially distancing, he's always at least 20 metres behind me anyway.

We got one of those dog agility things the other week Oxo. It's quite amusing for a short while, and the hounds like it because they know they get extra treats the greedy sods. They're OK at jumping over the bars and through the hoop but bloody useless at zig-zagging through the upright posts.

Quieter day today, about to join a call about how we're (not) returning to the office anytime soon unless anyone can't work at home and can get to the office in central London without using public transport...not sure there will be many takers.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinnopinno Posts: 38,197
    edited 19 May
    Now we've established that Stevo and Step's dogs don't have worms, the other niggling thing is:
    Has the former stuck his toof back together? Superglue works too - you don't need that fancy dental glue. Use high viscosity cyanoacrylate, readily available from all good online auction sites.

Bit grey, mild and damp here. Schooling with Shorty soon. Have almost depleted this current pack and won't get another till early June. Had messaged errant teacher but not conducive. Is she busy or something?! FFS.

Later will be re-installing heavily scrubbed Linen (F275) carpet back into Porker#1. Easier said than done. Will use spray adhesive. This might get messy.
    S - The Brazilian beach volleyball team
    W - Wiggle Honda

"This year will be harder than last year. But that is good news; this year will be easier than next year."
    pinno said:

Now we've established that Stevo and Step's dogs don't have worms, the other niggling thing is:
    Has the former stuck his toof back together? Superglue works too - you don't need that fancy dental glue. Use high viscosity cyanoacrylate, readily available from all good online auction sites.

Bit grey, mild and damp here. Schooling with Shorty soon. Have almost depleted this current pack and won't get another till early June. Had messaged errant teacher but not conducive. Is she busy or something?! FFS.

Later will be re-installing heavily scrubbed Linen (F275) carpet back into Porker#1. Easier said than done. Will use spray adhesive. This might get messy.

Still got the gappy smile. I bought some dental glue from the pharmacist, pretty cheap. Just haven't got round to giving it a go yet - also not sure if it'll hold given how the tooth broke off. In the meantime its great for social distancing, with that and my skinhead haircut people give me a wide berth in he park :)
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungodsungod Posts: 12,194
    less breezy than yesterday, not quite scorchio but getting there, good bask

need to restock port, bubbly, cognac and wine
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 5,444
    New sunglasses arrived from Italy.

Done all my work. Might go for a ride, or just sit in the garden with shaded eyes.
    Pines done, relatively quiet TBH. Few detours and trail route changes since my last visit.
  • thistle_(mbnw)thistle_(mbnw) Posts: 3,238
    'ning

Busy doing not a lot.
    Used up my 25km free Zwift, got an extra 10k free because the crappy phone app crashed before saving.
    Was definitely basking weather at lunchtime, 30 minutes @ gas mark 9 for me on the rollers.
    Surprise parcel from China came this afternoon which was nice.
    hopkinb said:

New sunglasses arrived from Italy.

Done all my work. Might go for a ride, or just sit in the garden with shaded eyes.

What sort did you get then? :)
    https://thedailymash.co.uk/news/lifestyle/what-sort-of-censored -in-sunglasses-vibe-are-you-giving-off-20190418184803
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

• hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 5,444
    :D
    None of those specifically, but I'm undoubtedly a [email protected], and I have new sunglasses!
    hopkinb said:

None of those specifically, but I'm undoubtedly a [email protected], and I have new sunglasses!

I'll have to make do with my old ones :smile: Love the way the forum software censors the words in the link.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

hopkinb said:

Aah but, have you got a black turtle neck?

I have. I just got it from Sports Pursuit; Atak. Fantastic quality but more, now I can be a proper Porsche [email protected]
    W - Wiggle Honda

"This year will be harder than last year. But that is good news; this year will be easier than next year."
    Discovered the big drawback from todays nice ride around pines and surrounding area. Sunburn, wish id remembered the suncream.
    pinno said:

now I can be a proper Porsche [email protected]

Is there any other type? :)
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

No, i've met them.
    Look for 'Satch' on Youtube. Complete tosspot.
    W - Wiggle Honda

Mostly no different to Audi and BMW operators, they don't deserve to be called drivers a lot of the time.
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

No, i've met them.
    Look for 'Satch' on Youtube. Complete tosspot.
    The geordie connection is completely random of course :)
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

oxoman said:

Mostly no different to Audi and BMW operators, they don't deserve to be called drivers a lot of the time.

So, Porsche, Audi and BMW drivers - all wanckers. Thats OK with me :p
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

Stevo, please note I didn't call anybody anything I just added to someone else's opinion and let others call them names. I can't be blamed, I'd make a good politician. Seconds thoughts no I wouldn't, I can't lie.
    oxoman said:

Stevo, please note I didn't call anybody anything I just added to someone else's opinion and let others call them names. I can't be blamed, I'd make a good politician. Seconds thoughts no I wouldn't, I can't lie.

I'm fine Oxo as I'm not on the list anyway :smile:
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

edited 20 May
    F*ck politics:

Merc drivers - [email protected]
    W - Wiggle Honda

Sorry 4got them. Mainly drug dealers and rappers drive them.
    pinno said:

F*ck politics:

Merc drivers - [email protected]

That makes 3 of us on this forum then :)
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

What's that's that druggies or rappers. o:)
    oxoman said:

What's that's that druggies or rappers. o:)

Well I'm just a [email protected], Pinno must be on drugs, which must mean TLW is the rapper.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

I'm the [email protected], Stevo's has the pimp mobile and TLW is the dealer.
    Logic dictates that you must be the rapper Oxo.
    W - Wiggle Honda

pinno said:

I'm not going to argue with you this time :smiley:
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

• tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,056
    pinno said:

I want to be the rapper