tuesday as an emergent property of spacetime

'ning

mild start, hurrah

ride, coffee, nyt, wfh a bit, but mostly bask
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, although it’s mild it’s also raining so much for the three days of sunshine, same stuff for me again, plus I have a doctor ringing this morning not sure what that’s about
    Have a good day
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Gentle jog with the dogs, then work stuff and hopefully fit a ride in later
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    edited May 2020
    oxoman said:

Morning, bright sunny stuff. Postman pat woke me up with parcel for OH, apparently muttly is being trained on dog agility. This is going to be fun to watch. Meeting up with a mate and doing pines whilst socially distancing, he's always at least 20 metres behind me anyway.

We got one of those dog agility things the other week Oxo. It's quite amusing for a short while, and the hounds like it because they know they get extra treats the greedy sods. They're OK at jumping over the bars and through the hoop but bloody useless at zig-zagging through the upright posts.

Quieter day today, about to join a call about how we're (not) returning to the office anytime soon unless anyone can't work at home and can get to the office in central London without using public transport...not sure there will be many takers.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    edited May 2020
    Now we've established that Stevo and Step's dogs don't have worms, the other niggling thing is:
    Has the former stuck his toof back together? Superglue works too - you don't need that fancy dental glue. Use high viscosity cyanoacrylate, readily available from all good online auction sites.

Bit grey, mild and damp here. Schooling with Shorty soon. Have almost depleted this current pack and won't get another till early June. Had messaged errant teacher but not conducive. Is she busy or something?! FFS.

Later will be re-installing heavily scrubbed Linen (F275) carpet back into Porker#1. Easier said than done. Will use spray adhesive. This might get messy.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Now we've established that Stevo and Step's dogs don't have worms, the other niggling thing is:
    Has the former stuck his toof back together? Superglue works too - you don't need that fancy dental glue. Use high viscosity cyanoacrylate, readily available from all good online auction sites.

Bit grey, mild and damp here. Schooling with Shorty soon. Have almost depleted this current pack and won't get another till early June. Had messaged errant teacher but not conducive. Is she busy or something?! FFS.

Later will be re-installing heavily scrubbed Linen (F275) carpet back into Porker#1. Easier said than done. Will use spray adhesive. This might get messy.

Still got the gappy smile. I bought some dental glue from the pharmacist, pretty cheap. Just haven't got round to giving it a go yet - also not sure if it'll hold given how the tooth broke off. In the meantime its great for social distancing, with that and my skinhead haircut people give me a wide berth in he park :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434
    less breezy than yesterday, not quite scorchio but getting there, good bask

need to restock port, bubbly, cognac and wine
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    New sunglasses arrived from Italy.

Done all my work. Might go for a ride, or just sit in the garden with shaded eyes.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'ning

Busy doing not a lot.
    Used up my 25km free Zwift, got an extra 10k free because the crappy phone app crashed before saving.
    Was definitely basking weather at lunchtime, 30 minutes @ gas mark 9 for me on the rollers.
    Surprise parcel from China came this afternoon which was nice.
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb said:

New sunglasses arrived from Italy.

Done all my work. Might go for a ride, or just sit in the garden with shaded eyes.

What sort did you get then? :)
    https://thedailymash.co.uk/news/lifestyle/what-sort-of-wanker-in-sunglasses-vibe-are-you-giving-off-20190418184803
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    :D
    None of those specifically, but I'm undoubtedly a w@nker, and I have new sunglasses!
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb said:

None of those specifically, but I'm undoubtedly a w@nker, and I have new sunglasses!

I'll have to make do with my old ones :smile: Love the way the forum software censors the words in the link.
  • pinno
    hopkinb said:

Aah but, have you got a black turtle neck?

I have. I just got it from Sports Pursuit; Atak. Fantastic quality but more, now I can be a proper Porsche w@nker.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

now I can be a proper Porsche w@nker.

Is there any other type? :)
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

No, i've met them.
    Look for 'Satch' on Youtube. Complete tosspot.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrZuuHG0HWo
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

No, i've met them.
    Look for 'Satch' on Youtube. Complete tosspot.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrZuuHG0HWo
    The geordie connection is completely random of course :)
  • Stevo_666
    oxoman said:

Mostly no different to Audi and BMW operators, they don't deserve to be called drivers a lot of the time.

So, Porsche, Audi and BMW drivers - all wanckers. Thats OK with me :p
  • Stevo_666
    oxoman said:

Stevo, please note I didn't call anybody anything I just added to someone else's opinion and let others call them names. I can't be blamed, I'd make a good politician. Seconds thoughts no I wouldn't, I can't lie.

I'm fine Oxo as I'm not on the list anyway :smile:
  • pinno
    edited May 2020
    F*ck politics:

Merc drivers - w@nkers.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

F*ck politics:

Merc drivers - w@nkers.

That makes 3 of us on this forum then :)
  • Stevo_666
    oxoman said:

What's that's that druggies or rappers. o:)

Well I'm just a w@nker, Pinno must be on drugs, which must mean TLW is the rapper.
  • pinno
    I'm the w@nker, Stevo's has the pimp mobile and TLW is the dealer.
    Logic dictates that you must be the rapper Oxo.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

I'm not going to argue with you this time :smiley:
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    pinno said:

I want to be the rapper
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Doesn’t @capt_slog drive a Merc too? Ex-dealer (Ret.) status?
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

pinno said:

I want to be the rapper
    Drink enough cider, crank up the stereo high enough and you can be.
  • Stevo_666

Doesn’t @capt_slog drive a Merc too? Ex-dealer (Ret.) status?

Now that I didn't know. We're getting close to having enough w@nker to rename BB to 'Cake Stop' :)

Show us your Merc thread anyome?
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

No, f*ck off. Nice try though.

• Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

No, f*ck off. Nice try though.

Why, what's wrong with yours?
  • pinno
    edited May 2020
    Aaah but that's a proper Merc. Pre '98 Chrysler take over.
  • Stevo_666
    Isn't it a bit tricky finding leaded petrol for it?