1235»

Comments

• bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    Also how are you not asleep by like 8pm
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,159
    Today's Virtual TDF results

1. Mike Woods (aged 33, broke his femur in March)
    2. Dom Pozzovivo (aged 38, broke his femur in August)

Remember a 35 year old who broke their femur last June is finished
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,839
    RichN95. said:

Today's Virtual TDF results

1. Mike Woods (aged 33, broke his femur in March)
    2. Dom Pozzovivo (aged 38, broke his femur in August)

Remember a 35 year old who broke their femur last June is finished

Have to say that's a pretty tenuous link to Froome's potential to win another Tour.
    Third party form in a 1 hour video race isn't exactly like him crushing the Dauphine.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • bobmcstuff
    It was probably tongue in cheek...

Anyway producing a good performance in a 1hr race like that is totally different to at the end of a 5 hour stage. Plenty of guys with world beating numbers on paper never win anything.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,159
    It was more just an observation. I've seen plenty of people over the last year saying no-one has ever come back after a broken femur, yet here are two people riding to a high standard after less recovery time
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,839

It was probably tongue in cheek...

Anyway producing a good performance in a 1hr race like that is totally different to at the end of a 5 hour stage. Plenty of guys with world beating numbers on paper never win anything.

Proof that it's totally different.

Team NTT secure victory in all classifications at men's virtual Tour de France.

:D
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439

Also how are you not asleep by like 8pm

I had a sneaky nap in the afternoon, but I spent the rest of the day feeling like I had a hangover, I was properly rinsed.

It’s given me even more respect for the pros, I’ve never been able to directly compare myself to them before, it’s impressive they can race up these at the end of a stage. I was looking for the Tom Simpson memorial and wondering if I would even make it that far.

Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,164
    prawny said:

I didn’t die!

Managed about 4 1/2 hours sleep and was on the bike for 5:40 for a warm up.

It was hard! I go better later in the day, but I couldn’t fit this one in around family commitments so I had no choice, 6am start it was. It was muggy in the garage and I made it through all of the drink I’d prepared, which is unusual for me.

I did the one at high noon on Saturday seeing as it was raining outside. Finished between 1400-1500 out of 3500 which I was pleased with. I'm using a dumb turbo with PM so just pedalled at a constant ish power but some people on the game chat using smart trainers were complaining about running out of gears (so turn down the trainer difficulty...).
    Had a few weird glitches towards the end though - I was passing other riders but not gaining places. Sometimes other riders passed me and I lost places but other times I didn't.

• bobmcstuff
    Yeah I find there is often a big lag on the place indicator on the really well attended events. Seems to take a while to settle out.
  • bobmcstuff
    I rode the Champs Elysees on a discovery ride this afternoon. Nice looking route, I think it'll make a good crit loop with the couple of digs in it.
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    I did a champs ride on Tuesday morning and treated it like a race, it wasn’t pleasant. Looks like because it wasn’t classed as a race you could enter any old cat as I normally can hang onto the lead group but I had no chance going up the long drag to the arc.

Zwiftpower didn’t filter anyone either and most of the 13 people who finished ahead of me on there were B Cat and one was A+
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • bobmcstuff
    You can always enter any old cat, but yeah ZP will usually filter out sandbaggers.

I've found on the regular races/group rides the number of sandbaggers has gone down a lot since lockdown has started to ease. I even won a race :smiley: