Anyone think they've had the coronavirus?

neeb
neeb Posts: 4,467
Just curious if anyone has had the definitive symptoms in the last few weeks and if so how it affected them, how long it took to get over it if recovered, whether they've managed to return to fitness, etc.

Would be interesting to get an impression (albeit from heresay and with a small sample size) of how it tends to affect our particular demographic.

Comments

• whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,695
    edited April 2020
    Yep, but only a very mild case, and because of the lack of testing I can't be 100% sure, but it would be hugely coincidental for me to have caught something else with similar symptoms.

I had a week or so of a slightly tight chest and a bit of a cough. I wasn't sure at that point because I do have asthma, and that's not really unusual for me. On the 26th of March though, I woke up feeling horrendous, and spent the day in bed with a significant fever, nausea and pain all over my body. By the next day, I was mostly better - I still had the tight chest, a bit of nausea and some joint pain, but the fever was gone and I was able to get out of bed.

I've done a couple of turbo sessions up to around an hour this weekend, having done nothing since the 15th of March. I felt pretty bad yesterday, but better today, which could be down to the few weeks of inactivity.
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,132
    High temperature, tight chest, loss general pain, loss of appetite, extreme tiredness, general aches, and then a headache behind my eyes. No cough though which is why I'm not sure.

Week off work in bed, and chest still not feeling quite right after another week and a bit. Tried a turbo session on Monday and felt worse so have knocked that off again until I feel fully recovered.
  • neeb
    Get well soon, both of you!
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    F-I-L got it and it killed him. Nobody else in the family has had it and our two week incubation period will be up in a few days.

I think the government have set up a tracker for people to report their symptoms - did I see that today ?
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Ah, bad news there. Sympathies. Hope the rest of family come through ok.
  • neeb
    Really sorry to hear that fenix, my condolences. It's a horrible, horrible bug.
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    Thanks guys. Stay safe.
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    edited April 2020
    No but have had Pneumonia for 6 weeks and 3 courses of antibiotics. A good friend dies in hospital with Pneumonia and symptoms of Covid-19, but as they aren't confirming deaths caused by Covid-19 and just deaths with Covid-19, we don't know.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Have been feeling rough for about 8 weeks (constant tiredness and headache most days), got noticeably worse a couple of weeks ago (struggling with a local 10 mile ride) but back to just a bit rough now and riding is back to normal.

I wondered if it was a very mild case of the coronovirus but no cough, no fever and normal temperature so I'm saying no.

Need to ring the doctors about it though...