The big silly thread

Comments

• elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078

I can't think what prompted him to flee the country.

I told a lie thiiis big...
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,360

pinno said:

shortfall said:

shortfall said:

shortfall said:

elbowloh said:

shortfall said:

shortfall said:

shortfall said:

God I've got so many of these memes on WhatsApp but I fear the mods might ban me.

There must be at least a few that aren't racist.
    Errrr. No.
    Is that called an echo chamber then?
    No it's what a lot of people who aren't on cakestop share on WhatsApp. On the point about whether they're all racist I was wrong, some of them were very sexist and gingerist too. I would guess that I'm not the only person in cakestop who's seen them either.
    I haven't seen anything about Harry and Meghan in my whatsapp because none of my friends give a censored about the whole episode. Pretty sure if they did, there wouldn't be anything racist in there.
    I don't doubt it. But what is cakestop if it isn't a sort of WhatsApp group by another name? Loads of blokes (I think I'm safe in saying) posting silly things and sharing jokes. Bally has just posted one above about Oprah that I think is hilarious but no doubt others will find racist and distasteful.
    It's not, because anyone can see what you post here.

shortfall said:

elbowloh said:

shortfall said:

shortfall said:

shortfall said:

God I've got so many of these memes on WhatsApp but I fear the mods might ban me.

Errrr. No.
    No it's what a lot of people who aren't on cakestop share on WhatsApp. On the point about whether they're all racist I was wrong, some of them were very sexist and gingerist too. I would guess that I'm not the only person in cakestop who's seen them either.
    I haven't seen anything about Harry and Meghan in my whatsapp because none of my friends give a censored about the whole episode. Pretty sure if they did, there wouldn't be anything racist in there.
    I don't doubt it. But what is cakestop if it isn't a sort of WhatsApp group by another name? Loads of blokes (I think I'm safe in saying) posting silly things and sharing jokes. Bally has just posted one above about Oprah that I think is hilarious but no doubt others will find racist and distasteful.
    I don't see much of a distinction. Barring a tiny minority, the posters on here are anonymous, and unless they unwittingly share too much of themselves or happen to know each other by other means, whilst posting something inappropriate might get them a ban from the forum, it wouldn't necessarily cause them any problems at work etc.
    One can only be seen by people in the closed group, the other is accessible to anyone and everyone. Can you not see the difference other than you might not get sacked for acting like a twunt.
    Yes I see the difference but I don't see why it matters much. There are plenty of examples of people posting things in closed WhatsApp groups getting then getting the sack when the contents are brought to the attention of their employer. Anyways, I don't understand what the argument is about now. I chose not to share some memes on a forum I am a member of because I didn't want to get banned by the admins or to go out of my way to cause offence to someone I don't know but who might find the subject matter distasteful. But I'm getting flamed anyway?
    PC police.

Though, the lines are so blurred and there re so many people eager to get on the holier than thou offended on someone else's behalf bandwagon, it makes things often impossible.

As a member of the PC community, I find that offensive. I'll be convening a cancellation committee forthwith.
    'Community'? Until you are fully qualified, you haven't the authority.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    pblakeney said:

pinno said:

shortfall said:

shortfall said:

shortfall said:

elbowloh said:

shortfall said:

shortfall said:

shortfall said:

Errrr. No.

shortfall said:

elbowloh said:

shortfall said:

shortfall said:

shortfall said:

Errrr. No.
    I don't see much of a distinction. Barring a tiny minority, the posters on here are anonymous, and unless they unwittingly share too much of themselves or happen to know each other by other means, whilst posting something inappropriate might get them a ban from the forum, it wouldn't necessarily cause them any problems at work etc.
    One can only be seen by people in the closed group, the other is accessible to anyone and everyone. Can you not see the difference other than you might not get sacked for acting like a twunt.
    Yes I see the difference but I don't see why it matters much. There are plenty of examples of people posting things in closed WhatsApp groups getting then getting the sack when the contents are brought to the attention of their employer. Anyways, I don't understand what the argument is about now. I chose not to share some memes on a forum I am a member of because I didn't want to get banned by the admins or to go out of my way to cause offence to someone I don't know but who might find the subject matter distasteful. But I'm getting flamed anyway?
    PC police.

Though, the lines are so blurred and there re so many people eager to get on the holier than thou offended on someone else's behalf bandwagon, it makes things often impossible.

Nobody can be holier than me as I identify myself as god.
    It is not permitted to argue with that. 😉
    Well I identify as the Virgin Mary in these gender fluid times and you will do as your mother tells you.
  • pinno
    The Virgin Mary was a wishful thinker.
  • ballysmate
    pinno said:

The Virgin Mary was a wishful thinker.

And Joseph was easily duped
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,799

pblakeney said:

pinno said:

shortfall said:

shortfall said:

shortfall said:

elbowloh said:

shortfall said:

shortfall said:

shortfall said:

Errrr. No.

shortfall said:

elbowloh said:

shortfall said:

shortfall said:

shortfall said:

Errrr. No.
    PC police.

Nobody can be holier than me as I identify myself as god.
    It is not permitted to argue with that. 😉
    Well I identify as the Virgin Mary in these gender fluid times and you will do as your mother tells you.
    You are talking to my alter ego.
    I don't take orders from anyone.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,538
    Get it back on topic please....
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,799
    You don't think this is silly?
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,692
    Latest from Mr R Rainbow

https://youtu.be/XQTuFudB028
  • shortfall
    shortfall Posts: 3,288

I think he got his inspiration from cakestop today 😀
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,262
    edited March 2021
  • ballysmate
    A link to another Meghan interview when she visited the Black Country.

https://fb.watch/49BCJFTyKQ/
  • ballysmate
    Japanese fire walkers wearing face masks and social distancing.
    Can't be too careful can you?

• pinno
  • kingstongraham
    "I meant to do that"
  • elbowloh
    pinno said:
    but is it a Southern Royal or a Northern Royal?
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • kingstongraham
    Rolling news coverage comes into its own in a crisis.

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,692

• elbowloh
    orraloon said:

Oh god this.

We do lots of travel, so this has been a pain for us.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • ballysmate

• shortfall

Did they come here for research?
  • ballysmate
    shortfall said:

What could you possibly mean? 🤔
  • kingstongraham
    shortfall said:

Surely most people on here are way too old to be woke.

Anyway, that whole game is way too bound up in the capitalist heteronormalist patriarchal system to even be parodied.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,538

Our next Christmas board game :smile:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • shortfall

Not sure if this has been posted before but it seems very on trend for cake stop at the moment.