Tubular or Tubeless Wheels

2»

Comments

• neeb said:

It all depends on how many punctures you get, doesn't it? If clinchers never punctured hardly anybody would bother with tubeless. If they punctured every second ride then almost everyone would.

Very true
    left the forum March 2023
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    Or like me, you have managed to blag a new set of Mavic tubeless compatible wheels with tyres at a 3rd of the price and decided to give them a try. I tried them, I liked them. I find them better than clinchers. I've gone the same on the TT bike and today fitted a set to a "customer's" Prime wheels with no problems. Tyres went on using the hands only. Inflation simple enough.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • As I use both type of tyres (tubs and tubeless) most of the comments about tubs are big ignorant. Co continental.co.peurions have fanatic grip and good puncture resistance. Wear life is good too. It's the only really good road tyre continental make. Other tubs that have better feel are more fragile but you get the same trade of with clinchers too.

Tubeless is not more maintenance. Sealant top up every three months and I never have to faff about in the dark changing an inner tube. That priceless to me.

Dugast tubulars though are really plush and seem pretty robust. I am trusting them more and more now.
    www.thecycleclinic.co.uk
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,620
    Where can I buy these  Co continental.co.peurions??