tuesday is a proper subset of eternity

2»

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252

ben6899 said:

Bought some new wheels

What hubs and rims? I fancy building some flash wheels, preferably for a non-flash price.

Did you see the rainbow wheels in the other thread?
    I wasn't keen on the full spectrum but maybe black with one other colour, and some flashy hubs & rims?
    Yes, did it say aluminium spokes? Seems wrong to me. Probably wouldn't go the full spectrum either, but a bit of colour as you say.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686

ben6899 said:

Bought some new wheels

What hubs and rims? I fancy building some flash wheels, preferably for a non-flash price.

They're Cero RC50s.

Proprietary hubs and rims, Sapim CX Ray spokes. All serviceable.

I already have a pair of their AR24s on my climbing bike. Lovely stuff.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121

ben6899 said:

Bought some new wheels

Did you see the rainbow wheels in the other thread?
    I wasn't keen on the full spectrum but maybe black with one other colour, and some flashy hubs & rims?
    Yes, did it say aluminium spokes? Seems wrong to me. Probably wouldn't go the full spectrum either, but a bit of colour as you say.
    Yeah aluminium I think. Ok to look at but get some spares.
    You could use stainless ones and get the spray paint out :smile:
  • awavey
    awavey Posts: 2,368
    the unforecast rain, it said it was only 30% likely to rain I thought Id be ok,wrong,materialised here to coincide perfectly with the morning ride in, it was like strong mizzle though rather than rain, still got absolutely soaked and then spent all day with various bits of cycling gear spread around the office trying to dry because the heater in the locker room doesnt appear to be working properly at the moment.

then spent most of the afternoon trying to avoid the deluge of seemingly tempting Black friday offers I keep being emailed to buy more clothes and kit I dont really need, put the credit cards away

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    awavey said:

...it was like strong mizzle...

That's the stuff that gets you the most wet. If it's windy with drizzle up here in Jockland, we call it 'smuury'. As in, it's very smurry.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!