Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

tuesday is a proper subset of eternity

'ning

another wave of sogginess is upon us

cafe, lazy start, then a few pre-train espressos in the st.p lounge, wftrain, wfhotel, dinner
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
«1

Posts

  • lincolndavelincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, raining here again the dogs gone back to bed, I don’t blame him really, breakfast a few cereals and coffee
    Have a good day
  • oxomanoxoman Posts: 9,721
    Morning Slackers. Off shift but lots of stuff to do, may ride later if it stops raining.
    Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • Day of Son's Taxi service, driving my mum out to appointments in town, which at least meant free lunch. :)

    Stopped off on way home to buy plumbing fixtures. Needed a nap in the late afternoon sun to cope with it all.
    Open O-1.0 Open One+ BMC TE29 Titus Racer X Ti Giant MCM One Cannondale Prophet Lefty Cannondale Super V SL Cove Handjob Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 46,806
    sungod said:

    'ning

    another wave of sogginess is upon us

    cafe, lazy start, then a few pre-train espressos in the st.p lounge, wftrain, wfhotel, dinner

    Wouldn't it be easier for you to live in Paris SG?

    On train, knee is relatively OK so will live to ride later this week. Got a few meetings but otherwise likely to be uneventful (I hope).
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_thistle_ Posts: 5,590
    Morning

    The forecast sogginess hasn't materialised here. After too much deliberating I chose the red pill and just made the train, and didn't get wet.

    Currently like the Marie Celeste here.

    Bath repair stuff should be arriving today so that's this evening sorted.
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 20,056
    Wet here first thing but better now. WFH, so might get some work done and must resist the temptation to find a route for escape from Meriden race I’ve managed to get into next year (current thinking London as lots of bars to collapse into when the race finishes at midnight)
  • step83step83 Posts: 4,107
    Morning, fed up with rain now, considering asking SC if he can recommend paddleboards or Kayaks. Likely soon we will need them, or should I start speaking Russian in a Scottish accent?

    Off to finish up in the garden an await logistics gurl appearing for lunch toodle pip etc
  • Quotes to quote, reports to report on, work to work on.

    Is jet lag still a thing 6 days after arriving back home as I'm in a perpetual state of tiredness?
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • sungodsungod Posts: 13,778
    edited November 2019
    step, finally got my new mbp 16in (in spite of ups taking longer to get it from london to london, than it took to get from china to korea to germany to midlands to london)

    mini review...

    keyboard is much like the old scissor ones in feel, maybe a bit less travel but ok, and without that awful clacking noise that the butterfly ones make

    but catalina is not ready for release, mail in particular is appalling, lost/blanked >10,000 emails, i had to manually export/import from the old one in the end, it has other issues, 32-bit apps no longer work, mostly not an issue but a few have no current equivalent, i'll be keeping the old one going for some time yet

    sound great, not enough ports and the lack of magsafe is a concern as it saved the other many times
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Morning. Horrendous weather first thing, now brightening up.
    Fixed heating problem by bleeding burner so happy with that, saved an extortionate call out fee etc. House now smells of kero but a small price to pay. :)
  • sungod said:

    step, finally got my new mbp 16in (in spite of ups taking longer to get it from london to london, than it took to get from china to korea to germany to midlands to london)

    mini review...

    keyboard is much like the old scissor ones in feel, maybe a bit less travel but ok, and without that awful clacking noise that the butterfly ones make

    but catalina is not ready for release, mail in particular is appalling, lost/blanked >10,000 emails, i had to manually export/import from the old one in the end, it has other issues, 32-bit apps no longer work, mostly not an issue but a few have no current equivalent, i'll be keeping the old one going for some time yet

    sound great, not enough ports and the lack of magsafe is a concern as it saved the other many times

    Hmmmm... why have they gone away from magsafe?

    My MBP is a 15" from 2015, and the battery life is now rubbish. Refuse to update to even Mojave because of the 32/64 bit restrictions on it, still using a couple applications which are 32 bit only.

    Will eventually replace the iMac desktop instead, and if/when the MBP finally dies I won't bother replacing.
    Open O-1.0 Open One+ BMC TE29 Titus Racer X Ti Giant MCM One Cannondale Prophet Lefty Cannondale Super V SL Cove Handjob Cervelo RS
  • LongshotLongshot Posts: 935
    I can report that both rain and faffing are both pretty incessant this morning in Holborn.
    You can fool some of the people all of the time. Concentrate on those people.
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 7,074
    Bl00dy rain.
    In the office early doors, bit of work, bit of interviewing, bit of video conference with tokyo, another interview. Now starving. Where are the mince pies at? Afternoon of more meetings, and I'm one short of people to actually do the work. At least it's Tuesday.
  • thistle_thistle_ Posts: 5,590
    tlw1 said:

    Wet here first thing but better now. WFH, so might get some work done and must resist the temptation to find a route for escape from Meriden race I’ve managed to get into next year (current thinking London as lots of bars to collapse into when the race finishes at midnight)

    Maybe head towards Skegness so you have the prevailing wind behind you, and possibly flatter?

    My parcel has somehow gone AWOL. Had it send to one of their pickup locations and they said it couldn't be delivered there :/
  • sungodsungod Posts: 13,778
    eurostar is lacking in mince pies, but the wine trolley is bounteous as usual,

    zooming through la france writing an awk filter (with vi obvs) to preprocess chunks of data many times too big for excel, old skool pwnz teh n00bs
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • I'm quite excited by the news of huge dumps of snow across the Alps already, granted most of it will have melted by the time I get there but it'll hopefully establish a solid base for the season.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 24,665 Lives Here
    Afternoon folks,
    Another busy day of being busy. I don't know how many times some people need to be told the same thing, it seems to be infinite at the moment.
    Off up to the Midlands tomorrow, deep joy. Wolverhampton then Brum, should get fed at least. Just need to make sure I'm back in good time to go to the pub.
    Horrible drizzly misty outside, had to go in search of lunch though. Hope it dries up for the wobble home.
    Onwards and upwards...
  • thistle_thistle_ Posts: 5,590

    tlw1 said:

    Wet here first thing but better now. WFH, so might get some work done and must resist the temptation to find a route for escape from Meriden race I’ve managed to get into next year (current thinking London as lots of bars to collapse into when the race finishes at midnight)

    Maybe head towards Skegness so you have the prevailing wind behind you, and possibly flatter?
    Straight down the m1 and hope the traffic officers drop you off at the next junction, not take you back to the last one?

  • Ben6899Ben6899 Posts: 8,968
    Bought some new wheels
    Ben

    Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 7,074
    ben6899 said:

    Bought some new wheels

    Are they fancy plastic ones that go whoosh? I like that sort of wheel.



  • Ben6899Ben6899 Posts: 8,968
    edited November 2019
    hopkinb said:

    ben6899 said:

    Bought some new wheels

    Are they fancy plastic ones that go whoosh? I like that sort of wheel.
    They are indeed (hand-built so spares not an issue). Got a tiny windfall so decided to have something to show for it, rather than adding it to the pile.
    Ben

    Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 20,056

    tlw1 said:

    Wet here first thing but better now. WFH, so might get some work done and must resist the temptation to find a route for escape from Meriden race I’ve managed to get into next year (current thinking London as lots of bars to collapse into when the race finishes at midnight)

    Maybe head towards Skegness so you have the prevailing wind behind you, and possibly flatter?
    Straight down the m1 and hope the traffic officers drop you off at the next junction, not take you back to the last one?

    Tracker monitors speed! Re Skegness - not straight enough route! Needs to be 90 miles as the crow flys
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 20,056
    ben6899 said:

    hopkinb said:

    ben6899 said:

    Bought some new wheels

    Are they fancy plastic ones that go whoosh? I like that sort of wheel.
    They are indeed (hand-built so spares not an issue). Got a tiny windfall so decided to have something to show for it, rather than adding it to the pile.
    Pictures!
  • Ben6899Ben6899 Posts: 8,968
    tlw1 said:

    ben6899 said:

    hopkinb said:

    ben6899 said:

    Bought some new wheels

    Are they fancy plastic ones that go whoosh? I like that sort of wheel.
    They are indeed (hand-built so spares not an issue). Got a tiny windfall so decided to have something to show for it, rather than adding it to the pile.
    Pictures!
    Don't have them yet!
    Ben

    Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 7,074
    ben6899 said:

    hopkinb said:

    ben6899 said:

    Bought some new wheels

    Are they fancy plastic ones that go whoosh? I like that sort of wheel.
    They are indeed (hand-built so spares not an issue). Got a tiny windfall so decided to have something to show for it, rather than adding it to the pile.
    Good man. Stimulate that economy. I'm a one man economy stimulator at the moment. Radiators, light fittings, white goods, furniture, electronics, decorators, extra jobs for the builders. The numbers keep piling up, the home refurbishment spreadsheet grows ever larger, I grow ever more skint.
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 24,665 Lives Here
    Stress: The condition caused by the mind overcoming the body's desire to kick the living daylights out of some see you next Tuesday that really deserves it.
  • orraloonorraloon Posts: 8,970
    Pottering day avoiding the wet, e.g. sorting out tax return, (jeez is boring stuff that tax), late start after v late back in early hours from a fantastic show by Aussie Floyd in the Royal Albert Hall. Brilliant. Note perfect playing, and the visual imagery was superb. Great evening.

    Certainly helps to improve miserable moping November. Have had the playlist on repeat through the day.
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 24,665 Lives Here
    ben6899 said:

    Bought some new wheels

    What hubs and rims? I fancy building some flash wheels, preferably for a non-flash price.

  • oxomanoxoman Posts: 9,721
    I'm cheating on my new ones, hopefully Malc will build me some nice Borg 31,s for my wet / touring bike. Wife suggested could i find something cheaper so i told her that i could always spend more after showing her some carbon things. Won't be till the new year but that's near enough.
    Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • thistle_thistle_ Posts: 5,590

    ben6899 said:

    Bought some new wheels

    What hubs and rims? I fancy building some flash wheels, preferably for a non-flash price.

    Did you see the rainbow wheels in the other thread?
    I wasn't keen on the full spectrum but maybe black with one other colour, and some flashy hubs & rims?
Sign In or Register to comment.