What The Actual F......riday happened

‘Ning

Visited town to see new chiropractor- very good too. Bunch of chores. Get home to find next door had a tow truck in to remove busted car which has flattened fence and gatepost on our driveway. Helpfully they left no note. Police report incoming for them to add to their woes for accidentally burning down the house they were renting.

Drinks soon needed.
Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, well after a week of frost and sunshine it’s throwing it down
    Wheelspinner I hope you get your fence and gatepost sorted out without any hassle
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,153
    Sounds like you have interesting neighbours ws.
    Raining here too. Looks like it's going to stop while in work then start again for the trip home which is perfect.

Still can't shake this cold/cough I've had for weeks now.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,872
    Half day as off to the seaside in the rain later.

So pub was enjoyed with gusto last night
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,946
    Mrs Slog and i are off to get the flu jab this morning, oh what fun.

The older I get, the better I was.

• Morning. Well new forum is pants.

Wet here so it'll be watch NZ hump Wales then maybe surf if not turbo.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,693
    capt_slog said:

Ooh, you've left it late. Them viruseses are on the march.

Dismal wet day. Need to hang about to wait for the notification sometime this morning of the 1 hour timeslot today :# to take delivery of new lights set, which can't just be left, needs to be signed for.

Suppose gives me time to learn how to use this new world platform. Wasn't like this back in my day, grumble grumble vote tory... :)
  • New forum ahoy!

Thirsty Thursday came from nowhere last night so I may not be as sharp as usual today, hair cut later followed by some extreme decorating.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Morning all, still trying to recover my faculties from the shock of paying £6.30 for a pint in the "tapp on the line" at Kew Gardens station.
  • Hah, we stayed at Holiday Inn Kensington and had a night cap of one pint and a medium sauvignon blanc. Change out of a £20 was around £2.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,519
    edited November 2019
    lie in, rugby, browsing, bit of webex, treadmill, pub.
  • oxoman said:

Morning All from a soggy east midlands. Off till Monday which is why it's now wet, typical. May be trip to hospital with eldest later as he's bust some stitches. Final instalment of selling young oxo,s toys off, seems wrong but his choice. WS sounds like your better off without your neighbours. Still not sure on this new layout.

They are OK people, just unlucky and/or careless. But yes, not at all shattered that they're no longer the neighbours.

The fence was pretty rough, and no issue that it's actually knocked over from security perspective anyway, just a PITA to have to sort out and get replaced.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    edited November 2019
    Morning, had to pop into the new council gym to pick up a subway earlier, that's minus 900kcal for the cumulative effect of the new council gym. Leaving early today because I'm lazy

I paid £6 a pint along Victoria Embankment on Wednesday, can't say I'm too bothered really because I have the cash for a £36 round and I don't drink there often. It would be a big issue if I was an alcoholic but insisted on drinking solely in central London bars...
  • haydenm said:

Morning, had to pop into the new council gym to pick up a subway earlier, that's minus 900kcal for the cumulative effect of the new council gym. Leaving early today because I'm lazy

I paid £6 a pint along Victorian Embankment on Wednesday, can't say I'm too bothered really because I have the cash for a £36 round and I don't drink there often. It would be a big issue if I was an alcoholic but insisted on drinking solely in central London bars...

I was working in Singapore in 2000 and we went out to Raffles Long Bar, as you do. 4 * Singapore Sling (which is revolting, sorry Hemingway) and 4 large beers to wash the taste away, and my bar tab for the group was SGD 198. In those days that was the equivalent of about 120 pounds I think, almost 20 years ago.

Mind you, a simple beer at Harry's was 10 bucks there too. Stupid expensive place to drink.
  • Feeling better after the ritual of filling in my delay repay claims from my two visits to das kapital. Some how my train to Branksome got diverted via the Portsmouth line. So late getting to Bournemouth they terminated there, driver ended up in a near brawl as he wandered off to the car park. Aslef, really is an anagram of complete and utter b4stard
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    edited November 2019
    Hello

Matthew has managed to get into the new forum - thank you very much indeed Jack for helping.

He has not a scooby what is going on in here..................
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle

Hah, we stayed at Holiday Inn Kensington and had a night cap of one pint and a medium sauvignon blanc. Change out of a £20 was around £2.

single shot gin and tonic in average pub in Dublin. £12.50

how much?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    edited November 2019
    Tokyo, random bar: £10 for half a lager.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • tlw1
    Hotel de Paris Before the gp was £25 for a half, during the race I just kept pointing to the supplier to sign for it :)
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,544
    Whatever happened to home brew if you're being really tight? Or buy from the offy and drink at home.

Work work work, hopefully an early finish. Unfortunately Stropteen needs a lift somewhere tonight so no drinking till later on.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    I've said this to my dad who perpetually moans about beer prices, I'd rather pay £4 and not sit in a dump than go to Wetherspoons for a £2 pint and listen to a conversation about how expensive beer is everywhere else. if that £2 a pint makes that much difference to me financially on a monthly basis I'm drinking too much.
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,946
    orraloon said:

capt_slog said:

Ooh, you've left it late. Them viruseses are on the march.

Not too late yet, as neither of us has had the flu :)

Nice and quick service at the local supermarket pharmacy, £7 a pop.

The older I get, the better I was.

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,361
    edited November 2019

He has not a scooby what is going on in here..................

Stop harassing WS will you please?

Let us know what lights you bought and how you get on with them Loon.

Me shops, cafe, Broccoli and toasted Almond soup* then coffee and carrot cake.

*Excellent.

Why the settings symbol comes up with a drop down list of...1 item!?

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,693
    pinno said:

Let us know what lights you bought and how you get on with them Loon.

I went for PlanetX Jobsworths, front Echo Pro Torch 800 lumen, rear COB-12. Just been delivered so charging up the front right now. I only rarely venture out in the dark and that front is quite handy size and shape to use off bike as a torch as well. Will have a play this evening; the rear is pretty bright in the daytime.

Need to sort out some firewood for later, then have my first since last winter turbo session. Will be taking it easy...
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,555
    back to london with mrs s, stopped at st.p to have brekkie and a bottle of billecart-salmon

had two bottles

slightly squiffy

forum design still looks like shit
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • sungod
    i see the fucking censorware is not yet fired up
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    I'm pissed up on champagne in Soho. :D
  • sungod
    drink more bubbly, it's only rational response to the appalling forum design
  • Cracking surf earlier. Work tonight then just the small matter of the RWC final in the morning!!

COME ON ENGLAND!
    BRING IT HOME!
  • tlw1

Cracking surf earlier. Work tonight then just the small matter of the RWC final in the morning!!

COME ON ENGLAND!
    BRING IT HOME!

Hell yes, may just watch it in the pub in this loverly welsh seaside town :)
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,153
    tlw1 said:

Cracking surf earlier. Work tonight then just the small matter of the RWC final in the morning!!

COME ON ENGLAND!
    BRING IT HOME!

Hell yes, may just watch it in the pub in this loverly welsh seaside town :)
    Tbh in Rhyl they'll probably all be supporting England anyway.