Cav

josamejosame Posts: 1,169
edited October 2019 in Pro race
We've heard rumours re Bahrain but no word from Ellingworth

Any more rumours :roll: ?
'Do not compare your bike to others, for always there will be greater and lesser bikes'

• fenixfenix Posts: 4,942
    He's riding the London 6 Day on his BMC bike isnt he ? So maybe can't announce until after that is over.
  • awaveyawavey Posts: 2,368
    yep & notably made that point himself today on twitter I thought :) Id say its done deal, but Ive been expecting him to move there for the last 2 seasons at least, so what do I know
  • RichN95.RichN95. Posts: 22,770
    Bahrain named six riders that they were picking up a few days ago. Cavendish was not amongst them.

But Elingworth runs Bahrain and Cavendish is his golden boy. There's no way Cav will be sans contract. And I expect the that Elligworth can see Cav's DS potential and will get him on board somehow.

If he's not a DS at Bahrain by 2022, Rick Chasey will eat my hat
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • gsk82gsk82 Posts: 2,392
    RichN95 wrote:

I can't see him becoming a DS. I'm sure he'll be involved somehow, but not on such a full time nature.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • mididoctorsmididoctors Posts: 7,107
    ellingworth if anyone can.? can get him some results
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • amrushtonamrushton Posts: 609
    I thought it was a done deal esp. with Maclaren on board

https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/signin ... colbrelli/
  • m.r.m.m.r.m. Posts: 1,637
    He's too rich to be a full time DS.
    PTP Champion 2019
  • ddraverddraver Posts: 19,405
    He's doing the Gent 6 with Iljo ( IIIIEEEEEELLLLJJJOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO) Keisse in a few weeks
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • philbar72philbar72 Posts: 2,215
    won't be a DS. would probably do well at the TV roles that he should be getting offered. his insight/ knowledge is still second to none.

as for next year, hopefully its a signing of from all this cycling lark kind of year. expect a few wins in fish and chippers if he can be bothered/ is well enough.
  • Could imagine him going into coaching, either on track or as a road sprint coach.
    Interesting that he is doing Gent after the London6 next week, if he is fit/healthy enough for this then it is good prep for a season on the road next year.
  • Could imagine him going into coaching, either on track or as a road sprint coach.
    Interesting that he is doing Gent after the London6 next week, if he is fit/healthy enough for this then it is good prep for a season on the road next year.
  • inseineinseine Posts: 5,607
    Nice photo and first win of 2019 for Cav

3j6bkGtqNLsuvvq7J6CgyJ-320-80.jpg
  • ridgeriderridgerider Posts: 2,757
    And on a BMC, so no clues there...
    Half man, Half bike...and now more familiar with the work of Prostate Cancer UK
  • ddraverddraver Posts: 19,405
    "Win"
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
    ridgerider wrote:
    What, by riding his current team bike? Seems quite likely he'll go to Bahrain.
  • rick_chaseyrick_chasey Posts: 45,180 Lives Here
    RichN95 wrote:

OK?
    RichN95 wrote:

OK?
    Good news. I lost my hat at the weekend
    What kind of hat was it?
  • LongshotLongshot Posts: 871
    What kind of hat was it?

Is it. It's lost, not dead. :lol:
    You can fool some of the people all of the time. Concentrate on those people.
    What kind of hat was it?
    A Newsboy cap (like they wear in Peaky Blinders, although it's De Niro in Godfather Part 2 that I'm copying)
    Ah very good. I was worried it was gonna be a trucker cap or some sort.
    No apologies for another Cav photo. Love this jersey
    _109299114_cavendishgerny_getty.jpg
  • Quick, he's on a Cervelo again, he's going to Sunweb!
  • ridgeriderridgerider Posts: 2,757
    CN have him on a BMC in the Madison ... Perhaps it has different logos on each side.

This must be what fake news looks like!
    Half man, Half bike...and now more familiar with the work of Prostate Cancer UK
  • ridgerider wrote:
    CN have him on a BMC in the Madison ... Perhaps it has different logos on each side.

This must be what fake news looks like!

And a Mavic rear wheel too, he must be off to Ag2r :D
  • D'oh wrong thread!
    My Men 2020 - Mark Cavendish, Ben Swift, Fernando Gaviria, Alejandro Valverde, Edvald Boassen Hagen, Zdenek Stybar, Vincenzo Nibali, Geraint Thomas.
  • gsk82gsk82 Posts: 2,392
    ridgerider wrote:

Its a cervelo in the latest pic. I guess it's a BC bike
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • fliteflite Posts: 79
    Can anyone explain what Cav's jersey represents? Looks like half a GB flag but green gold
    and white?
  • kingstoniankingstonian Posts: 1,940
    They wore something very similar last year when he wasn't well enough to race, so the design isn't something specific to him.
  • It's an official British cycling jersey colourway, if red/white/blue isn't your thing. Kalas sell it somewhere I'm sure