Cav

josame
josame Posts: 1,141
edited October 2019 in Pro race
We've heard rumours re Bahrain but no word from Ellingworth

Any more rumours :roll: ?
'Do not compare your bike to others, for always there will be greater and lesser bikes'

Comments

• fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    He's riding the London 6 Day on his BMC bike isnt he ? So maybe can't announce until after that is over.
  • awavey
    awavey Posts: 2,368
    yep & notably made that point himself today on twitter I thought :) Id say its done deal, but Ive been expecting him to move there for the last 2 seasons at least, so what do I know
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    Bahrain named six riders that they were picking up a few days ago. Cavendish was not amongst them.

But Elingworth runs Bahrain and Cavendish is his golden boy. There's no way Cav will be sans contract. And I expect the that Elligworth can see Cav's DS potential and will get him on board somehow.

If he's not a DS at Bahrain by 2022, Rick Chasey will eat my hat
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,439
    RichN95 wrote:

I can't see him becoming a DS. I'm sure he'll be involved somehow, but not on such a full time nature.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,645
    ellingworth if anyone can.? can get him some results
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • amrushton
    amrushton Posts: 1,249
    I thought it was a done deal esp. with Maclaren on board

https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/signin ... colbrelli/
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,311
    He's too rich to be a full time DS.
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    He's doing the Gent 6 with Iljo ( IIIIEEEEEELLLLJJJOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO) Keisse in a few weeks
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • philbar72
    philbar72 Posts: 2,229
    won't be a DS. would probably do well at the TV roles that he should be getting offered. his insight/ knowledge is still second to none.

as for next year, hopefully its a signing of from all this cycling lark kind of year. expect a few wins in fish and chippers if he can be bothered/ is well enough.
  • Could imagine him going into coaching, either on track or as a road sprint coach.
    Interesting that he is doing Gent after the London6 next week, if he is fit/healthy enough for this then it is good prep for a season on the road next year.
  • Could imagine him going into coaching, either on track or as a road sprint coach.
    Interesting that he is doing Gent after the London6 next week, if he is fit/healthy enough for this then it is good prep for a season on the road next year.
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    Nice photo and first win of 2019 for Cav

3j6bkGtqNLsuvvq7J6CgyJ-320-80.jpg
  • ridgerider
    ridgerider Posts: 2,851
    And on a BMC, so no clues there...
    Half man, Half bike
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    "Win"
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • inseine
    Ridgerider wrote:
    What, by riding his current team bike? Seems quite likely he'll go to Bahrain.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,218
    RichN95 wrote:

OK?
  • RichN95.
    RichN95 wrote:

OK?
    Good news. I lost my hat at the weekend
  • rick_chasey
    What kind of hat was it?
  • Longshot
    Longshot Posts: 940
    What kind of hat was it?

Is it. It's lost, not dead. :lol:
    You can fool some of the people all of the time. Concentrate on those people.
  • RichN95.
    What kind of hat was it?
    A Newsboy cap (like they wear in Peaky Blinders, although it's De Niro in Godfather Part 2 that I'm copying)
  • rick_chasey
    Ah very good. I was worried it was gonna be a trucker cap or some sort.
  • inseine
    No apologies for another Cav photo. Love this jersey
    _109299114_cavendishgerny_getty.jpg
  • Quick, he's on a Cervelo again, he's going to Sunweb!
  • ridgerider
    ridgerider Posts: 2,851
    CN have him on a BMC in the Madison ... Perhaps it has different logos on each side.

This must be what fake news looks like!
    Half man, Half bike
  • Ridgerider wrote:
    CN have him on a BMC in the Madison ... Perhaps it has different logos on each side.

This must be what fake news looks like!

And a Mavic rear wheel too, he must be off to Ag2r :D
  • D'oh wrong thread!
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,439
    Ridgerider wrote:

Its a cervelo in the latest pic. I guess it's a BC bike
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • flite
    flite Posts: 219
    Can anyone explain what Cav's jersey represents? Looks like half a GB flag but green gold
    and white?
  • kingstonian
    kingstonian Posts: 2,847
    They wore something very similar last year when he wasn't well enough to race, so the design isn't something specific to him.
  • It's an official British cycling jersey colourway, if red/white/blue isn't your thing. Kalas sell it somewhere I'm sure